Fire concern along with flood

Full story: WLFI Lafayette

Emergency workers are watching the water levels and alerting home owners when to evacuate.A News Channel 18 spent time with Department of Natural Resources officers who are keeping an eye out to keep people ...
Comments
1 - 2 of 2 Comments Last updated Mar 12, 2009
Judy R

Mishawaka, IN

#1 Mar 11, 2009
WlFI could do a better job on reporting flood info. For people that have left their homes or are waiting it out the only info that we get are from TV or radio, Is the water still rising or when is it going to crest. We have watched the news all day We have saw the same 3 homes half under water and the usual picture of dam. You tell people to stay off the roads and stay put. OK but what is actually changed since the last report. I don't care about a dog that surfs how much higher is the river expected to go.
newkirksouth

United States

#2 Mar 12, 2009
Judy,

I think your right...when we have a real criminal disaster like the last two years, I think more time should be spent on it. If you go to http://www.crh.noaa.gov/ahps2/hydrograph.php... you can see what the water levels are at Oakdale Dam. There are links up river and down...It looks like the worst is over and the water ois starting to go down. If we have some dry days we should be OK...Where is Gov. Daniels...No PR tour? How about making the dams flood control again...lover Freeman in the fall so it can take some of the winter thaw and rain and we can stop this from happening again!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

White County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Leadership White County focuses tourism and loc... (Jan '14) Jan '14 MRW 1
Armed robbery reported in Monticello (Oct '11) Oct '11 why line 1
What happen to the home town (Jun '09) Jun '09 Mary M 1
Responsible pork production fattens Indiana's e... (Apr '07) Apr '07 JMann 12
Farmers wait to see what freeze inflicted (Apr '07) Apr '07 Tim 22
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

White County People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE