Hoosier soldier killed in Iraq conflict

A soldier from White County was killed while traveling with an Army convoy in Iraq, becoming the fourth serviceman with an Indiana connection to be killed overseas this month. Full Story
TrDale

Covington, KY

#21 Jul 28, 2006
Ignore him heather. He just insults people and stirs up trouble. Most think he is an America hater who just likes to stir people up.
TheTruth

Cincinnati, OH

#22 Jul 28, 2006
heather wrote:
<quoted text>
for your information, I don't have an SUV. and just because I don't serve in the military doesn't make me a non-supporter.
Supporter? LOL! That's like Bush "taking responsibilty" for not helping New Orleans.

I'm saying - talk is cheap.
csd619

Indianapolis, IN

#23 Jul 28, 2006
TheTruth wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm a Vietnam veteran. Purple heart. You war-lovers are fools who have never seen the real thing. Anyone who volunteers for the military is a fool.
Before you attack me, saying I am war lover, and never saw the "real" thing, I never said where,when, or how I gave to my country.
But it does seem strange to me that anti-flag and you both pop up as Cinci, OH. But then again on other areas on topix.net where anti-flag stirs up something he/she can answer TobbeeT from Cinci,OH. pops up to try and save the day.
I am through with you hate mongers.
Again, Thank you to the family of the soldier killed from white county, indiana. And thank you to every man and woman who ever served or will serve on our military, The greatest military force in the world where not 1 single soldier is forced to serve. You all protect us because you WANT to, not because you have to.
Indy

Carmel, IN

#24 Jul 28, 2006
TheTruth wrote:
<quoted text>
Supporter? LOL! That's like Bush "taking responsibilty" for not helping New Orleans.
I'm saying - talk is cheap.
HMM, The administration called the New Orleans Mayors office the night before. The mayors office hung up on the Bush administration. Just the same it took 4 days to distribute more water and food then it took the Clinton Administration 3 weeks to do with Huricane Floyd!
Warpig

Mishawaka, IN

#25 Jul 28, 2006
AntiFlag wrote:
<quoted text>
The cowards are the sheep who blindly follow an idiot like Bush.
Your yellow streak is showing, chickenboy. In your heart you will die a million deaths. It has nothing at all to do with Bush, don't hide your cowardice behind that sad argument. A soldier goes where he is told. It is his duty and is what he gets paid for-end of story. And remember, our flag in the USA is the symbol of our country, you think it is the symbol of our government. It is not.
heather

Evansville, IN

#26 Jul 28, 2006
TheTruth wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm a Vietnam veteran. Purple heart. You war-lovers are fools who have never seen the real thing. Anyone who volunteers for the military is a fool.
then you are a fool and need to shut the f*** up
TheTruth

Cincinnati, OH

#27 Jul 28, 2006
heather wrote:
<quoted text>
then you are a fool and need to shut the f*** up
No, I don't think, foul mouth.
AntiFlag

Cincinnati, OH

#28 Jul 28, 2006
Warpig wrote:
<quoted text>
Your yellow streak is showing, chickenboy. In your heart you will die a million deaths. It has nothing at all to do with Bush, don't hide your cowardice behind that sad argument. A soldier goes where he is told. It is his duty and is what he gets paid for-end of story. And remember, our flag in the USA is the symbol of our country, you think it is the symbol of our government. It is not.
I bet YOU'RE a chickenhawk squawking about how somebody else ought to fight.

Soldiers duty, gets paid, yeah yeah. They volunteer so why are they heros? No worse than anybody else dying.

The flag is a piece cloth worshiped as an idol by neocons. I'll burn it if I feel like it.
TheTruth

Cincinnati, OH

#29 Jul 28, 2006
Indy wrote:
<quoted text>
HMM, The administration called the New Orleans Mayors office the night before. The mayors office hung up on the Bush administration. Just the same it took 4 days to distribute more water and food then it took the Clinton Administration 3 weeks to do with Huricane Floyd!
Your pathetic attempt to defend the horrible job Bush and his cronies did is downright comical.

Bush was told a week before Katrina and he sat on his hands and did nothing.

They did a great job with Floyd. There was no complaining about Clinton then.
TrDale

Covington, KY

#30 Jul 28, 2006
AntiFlag wrote:
<quoted text>
Soldiers duty, gets paid, yeah yeah. They volunteer so why are they heros? No worse than anybody else dying.
The flag is a piece cloth worshiped as an idol by neocons. I'll burn it if I feel like it.
Personally I think you are just an America Hater.
USMC Wife

Chula Vista, CA

#31 Jul 28, 2006
AntiFlag wrote:
<quoted text>
In the American flag the blue stands for justice, the white stands for purity, and the red stands for courage.
I guess your Anti all of that. That is your choice.
AntiFlag

Cincinnati, OH

#32 Jul 28, 2006
TrDale wrote:
<quoted text>
Personally I think you are just an America Hater.
Personally I think you are just a freedom hater.
AntiFlag

Cincinnati, OH

#33 Jul 28, 2006
USMC Wife wrote:
<quoted text>
In the American flag the blue stands for justice, the white stands for purity, and the red stands for courage.
I guess your Anti all of that. That is your choice.
The flag is a useless piece of cloth. It's like your high school colors. Certainly not something to die for.

But go ahead and worship an idol, it's your choice.
TrDale

Covington, KY

#34 Jul 28, 2006
AntiFlag wrote:
<quoted text>
Personally I think you are just a freedom hater.
I really don't think anyone here cares nor respects what you think!
AntiFlag

Cincinnati, OH

#35 Jul 28, 2006
TrDale wrote:
<quoted text>
I really don't think anyone here cares nor respects what you think!
"I really don't think" - I agree with ya!
USMC Wife

Chula Vista, CA

#36 Jul 28, 2006
AntiFlag wrote:
<quoted text>
The flag is a useless piece of cloth. It's like your high school colors. Certainly not something to die for.
I dont worship the flag - I worship the meaning BEHIND the flag. You, on the other hand, just dont get it.
heather

Evansville, IN

#37 Jul 28, 2006
AntiFlag wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you need to move out of the country, since you dont appreciate it.
USMC Wife

Chula Vista, CA

#38 Jul 28, 2006
heather wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you need to move out of the country, since you dont appreciate it.
Heather - Its not a matter of appreciation - It boils down to self respect (Wich this person does not have)- If you have self respect - your going to respect others.
csd619

Indianapolis, IN

#39 Jul 28, 2006
USMC Wife wrote:
<quoted text>
Heather - Its not a matter of appreciation - It boils down to self respect (Wich this person does not have)- If you have self respect - your going to respect others.
Thank you for supporting your husband that protects the right of wacko-cowards like anti-flag the freedom to run his disgusting mouth.
I think it is high time that everyone in this forum disarms this cowardly peice of worthless insect crap, take away his only weapon, which is his ability to get decent people angry. Completely ignore his posts, do not reply to his uneducated, unappreciative, fake, empty ramblings.
We must respect his right to voice his poisonous filth, but we do not have to acknowledge or enable him.
USMC Wife

Chula Vista, CA

#40 Jul 28, 2006
csd619 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for supporting your husband that protects the right of wacko-cowards like anti-flag the freedom to run his disgusting mouth.
I think it is high time that everyone in this forum disarms this cowardly peice of worthless insect crap, take away his only weapon, which is his ability to get decent people angry. Completely ignore his posts, do not reply to his uneducated, unappreciative, fake, empty ramblings.
We must respect his right to voice his poisonous filth, but we do not have to acknowledge or enable him.
:) I couldn't agree with you more!
If it wasn't for people like you - there would be no reason for any of us to fight. So - THANK YOU!

And regarding this forum - Im sorry for ANY disrespect to the family of this fallen Hero. My heart goes out to you and I am deeply saddened for your loss.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

White County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Leadership White County focuses tourism and loc... (Jan '14) Jan '14 MRW 1
Armed robbery reported in Monticello (Oct '11) Oct '11 why line 1
What happen to the home town (Jun '09) Jun '09 Mary M 1
Fire concern along with flood (Mar '09) Mar '09 newkirksouth 2
Responsible pork production fattens Indiana's e... (Apr '07) Apr '07 JMann 12
Farmers wait to see what freeze inflicted (Apr '07) Apr '07 Tim 22
More from around the web