Hoosier soldier killed in Iraq conflict

Full story: Indianapolis Star

A soldier from White County was killed while traveling with an Army convoy in Iraq, becoming the fourth serviceman with an Indiana connection to be killed overseas this month.
Comments
1 - 20 of 1,586 Comments Last updated May 26, 2010
First Prev
of 80
Next Last
oldthinker

Carmel, IN

#1 Jul 19, 2006
To me these men are my heros. I do not care how you feel about the war. The fact that a person is willing to sacrifice his/her life to answer the call to serve our country and keep me a free man is worthy of my greatest admiration and respect. May God grant him a home in Heaven and give the family grace to cope with their grief.
heather

Evansville, IN

#2 Jul 20, 2006
hell yeah. I couldnb't agree with you more. If it weren't for them, god only knows what would happen to us. I am extremely grateful to anyone serving our country!
oldthinker

Carmel, IN

#3 Jul 20, 2006
Thanks, heather, sometimes I wonder if anyone really loves America anymore. It is good to hear from another patriot.
I am really proud of our young people who show their love for the
land of the brave and the home of the free. The terrorists along with the United Nations would like to put us under their rule. Some of our leaders in congress just do not seem to be getting this. Give me liberty of give me death. I pray for our troops and also for their families every day.
heather wrote:
hell yeah. I couldnb't agree with you more. If it weren't for them, god only knows what would happen to us. I am extremely grateful to anyone serving our country!
heather

Evansville, IN

#4 Jul 21, 2006
the terrorists can try all they want to get control over us, but we won't let it happen. we are "the land of the free and the home of the brave" and nothin is gonna change that! and to all the people who are pissed off because we are involved in this war: think of what it would be like if the terrorists gained control of our nation. you wouldn't have the freedom to say anything or do anything without permission! Just think about it.
AntiFlag

Cincinnati, OH

#5 Jul 25, 2006
Just because is kid is dumb and joins the service and Bush gets him killed does not make him a hero.

sorry
heather

Evansville, IN

#6 Jul 25, 2006
well, I personally think that he is a hero because he was brave enough to fight for our country. I have personal reasons on why I won't do it, so I am very thankful for all of those brave enogh
KILLING TIIME

United States

#7 Jul 25, 2006
AntiFlag wrote:
Just because is kid is dumb and joins the service and Bush gets him killed does not make him a hero.
sorry
COMING FROM SOMEONE THAT DOESN'T SOUND TOO BRIGHT HIMSELF...SHOULD BE VERY THANKFUL AND GRATEFUL FOR SOLDIERS LIKE HIM THAT FOR THIS VERY REASON HAVE GIVEN YOU FREEDOM... FREEDOM OF SPEECH, TOO.
TRY A COMMUNIST COUNTRY IF YOU DON'T AGREE.
heather

Evansville, IN

#8 Jul 25, 2006
KILLING TIIME wrote:
<quoted text>
COMING FROM SOMEONE THAT DOESN'T SOUND TOO BRIGHT HIMSELF...SHOULD BE VERY THANKFUL AND GRATEFUL FOR SOLDIERS LIKE HIM THAT FOR THIS VERY REASON HAVE GIVEN YOU FREEDOM... FREEDOM OF SPEECH, TOO.
TRY A COMMUNIST COUNTRY IF YOU DON'T AGREE.
RIGHT ON!!!!!!!!!!1
Warpig

Mishawaka, IN

#9 Jul 26, 2006
AntiFlag wrote:
sorry
Another "Hate America" coward.
no name

Covington, KY

#10 Jul 26, 2006
Anti Flag is the Gay kid who keeps screwing with everyone. I doubt he is even American!
csd619

Jeffersonville, IN

#11 Jul 27, 2006
AntiFlag wrote:
sorry
This person volunteered for our armed forces, knowing we are in a time of war and stood up for his country and his beleifs. To ridicul him and our other members of our military when he paid the ultimate price for his service to his country, to INSURE YOUR IDIOTIC RIGHT TO REGURGITATE SUCH VERBAL BILE, is not only sickening, but illustrates what a cowardly, weak, and disgusting individual you are.
Shame on you, I wish to God there was some way to sent your butt to the front lines if only for a few minutes and see how long it takes before you crap yourself.
THanks to the person who lost their life, and thank you to his family for their sacrifice as well
AntiFlag

Cincinnati, OH

#12 Jul 28, 2006
heather wrote:
well, I personally think that he is a hero because he was brave enough to fight for our country. I have personal reasons on why I won't do it, so I am very thankful for all of those brave enogh
For whose country? Did Iraq become a state?

"personal" reasons - chickenhawk eh?
AntiFlag

Cincinnati, OH

#13 Jul 28, 2006
csd619 wrote:
<quoted text>
This person volunteered for our armed forces, knowing we are in a time of war and stood up for his country and his beleifs. To ridicul him and our other members of our military when he paid the ultimate price for his service to his country, to INSURE YOUR IDIOTIC RIGHT TO REGURGITATE SUCH VERBAL BILE, is not only sickening, but illustrates what a cowardly, weak, and disgusting individual you are.
Shame on you, I wish to God there was some way to sent your butt to the front lines if only for a few minutes and see how long it takes before you crap yourself.
THanks to the person who lost their life, and thank you to his family for their sacrifice as well
I bet you never served a day for the country or did a thing to help anyone. Running your mouth does not count.
AntiFlag

Cincinnati, OH

#14 Jul 28, 2006
Warpig wrote:
<quoted text>
Another "Hate America" coward.
The cowards are the sheep who blindly follow an idiot like Bush.
csd619

Jeffersonville, IN

#15 Jul 28, 2006
AntiFlag wrote:
<quoted text>
I bet you never served a day for the country or did a thing to help anyone. Running your mouth does not count.
as I matter of fact I gave eight years to my country, what have you done, other than complain about the country that probably pays your welfare check. You are not worthy of another reply from me or anyone one this post
WTF

Evansville, IN

#16 Jul 28, 2006
AntiFlag wrote:
<quoted text>
For whose country? Did Iraq become a state?
"personal" reasons - chickenhawk eh?
yes, as a matter of fact, I am chicken! But I do support those troops that are fighting for the United States!
heather

Evansville, IN

#17 Jul 28, 2006
and, so what if Im chicken! I can admit it. What's your excuse?
TheTruth

Cincinnati, OH

#18 Jul 28, 2006
WTF wrote:
<quoted text>
yes, as a matter of fact, I am chicken! But I do support those troops that are fighting for the United States!
Yeah, yeah, I'm sure have a little yellow ribbon on your gas-guzzling SUV. Big deal. You're a REAL supporter.
TheTruth

Cincinnati, OH

#19 Jul 28, 2006
csd619 wrote:
<quoted text>
as I matter of fact I gave eight years to my country, what have you done, other than complain about the country that probably pays your welfare check. You are not worthy of another reply from me or anyone one this post
I'm a Vietnam veteran. Purple heart. You war-lovers are fools who have never seen the real thing. Anyone who volunteers for the military is a fool.
heather

Evansville, IN

#20 Jul 28, 2006
TheTruth wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, yeah, I'm sure have a little yellow ribbon on your gas-guzzling SUV. Big deal. You're a REAL supporter.
for your information, I don't have an SUV. and just because I don't serve in the military doesn't make me a non-supporter.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 80
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

White County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Leadership White County focuses tourism and loc... (Jan '14) Jan '14 MRW 1
Armed robbery reported in Monticello (Oct '11) Oct '11 why line 1
What happen to the home town (Jun '09) Jun '09 Mary M 1
Fire concern along with flood (Mar '09) Mar '09 newkirksouth 2
Responsible pork production fattens Indiana's e... (Apr '07) Apr '07 JMann 12
Farmers wait to see what freeze inflicted (Apr '07) Apr '07 Tim 22
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

White County People Search