Soldier who fled to Canada now in Bellingham jail

Jul 17, 2008 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Seattle Post-Intelligencer

An Army deserter from Idaho who was deported from Canada is being held in a county jail in Washington state pending a transfer to military custody.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 6 of6

Since: Oct 07

Bellingham

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2008

He's a deserter, hang him.
a mom

Bellingham, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2008

Rick69 wrote:
He's a deserter, hang him.
So I take it you're not a parent? You have never lost anyone? This young man is no less an American than you are. More I'd say. You are no more than a vigilante seaking vengence....perhaps you'd best be the one to go to war.
samf

Yellville, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2008

the military is a whole lot more than college tuition, if you can't pay the price don't volunteer

Bellingham

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2008

It was a figure of speech. when I say "hang him" I mean give him the full penalty.
not to mention this guy obviously knew we were at war since he deserted in 2005 and was a pvt so he enlisted after teh war started.
I am a parent a mom. and if my little one deserted our country after joining the mility because she didn't like what was going on a the time I would say she belongs in jail.
I'm not saying for life but he needs to be made understood that this is not OK.
Michael Kinsella

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2008

As an ex-marine during the Vietnam War (6-years) I fought in a War that was unjust, and un-needed. Spme soldiers are fighting their 5th tours there! Iraq was a lie from the start, and so I think the military needs to start a "Fair Draft again" So that Jenna Bush, and the rich kids in the United States should have to pay the price the poor are paying with their blood.
King George was saved from going to Vietnam from his Daddy, and King George knew that the American people would not "Stand for another draft" so almost every grunt is a person of lower-middle class, or poor.
And oh yes... show the American people the coffins, and the 30,000 Americans who cannot walk, or are blinded by the illegal War in Iraq. The people who flew the jets into the Twin towers were from another country. But of-course our appointed President gots c's in Geography class.

Bellingham

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2008

Michael, what does any of that have to do with the article? many people have been over there multiple times, I'm one of them. But this guy is a pvt. He knew we were at war when he joined, he knew he would be going to Iraq. He is a deserter, plain and simple. If you don't want to go to iraq and fight, don't join the military. Hell, even the regular Airforce is fighting in Iraq now. Military = War
I may not like it but that's the way it is.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 6 of6
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Whatcom County Discussions

Search the Whatcom County Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Washington measles outbreak linked to B.C. Mar '14 Eve 1
Snow possible for Whatcom County lowlands over ... Feb '14 John 1
Fire official: Fairhaven's Reid Boiler Works fi... Feb '14 biking viking 1
Last hostel in Whatcom County to close at the e... (Dec '13) Dec '13 Kenneth Lord 1
Wash. local elections have national implications (Nov '13) Nov '13 Moresby 1
Ballistic In Bellingham: WWU Students Go Nuts (Oct '13) Oct '13 Most Otis 1
Five-year bans from entering U.S. under legal c... (Sep '13) Sep '13 Gibson 1
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••