Spirit to connect Latrobe, Dallas non...

Spirit to connect Latrobe, Dallas nonstop

There are 8 comments on the Business Journal story from Jul 16, 2012, titled Spirit to connect Latrobe, Dallas nonstop. In it, Business Journal reports that:

Spirit Airlines will expand its service from Latrobe again next year, adding nonstop flights between Arnold Palmer Regional Airport and Dallas/Fort Worth.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Business Journal.

Pixarfreak

Cranberry Twp, PA

#1 Jul 17, 2012
Although Chicago would have been even better, Dallas is great.
GoWest

Latrobe, PA

#2 Jul 17, 2012
Pixarfreak wrote:
Although Chicago would have been even better, Dallas is great.
Would love to see flight from Latrobe to Chicago &/or Milwaukee. Just because there will be flIghts to Dallas, does it mean Chicago's definitely out?
Donnie

New Lebanon, OH

#3 Jul 18, 2012
Chicago would rock.

Since: Jan 11

#4 Jul 18, 2012
Dallas is a great hub for just about anywhere in the west. I've connected in Dallas a few times flying to and from Pittsburgh.

http://www.spirit.com/RouteMaps.aspx

It's probably a bit longer in the air than the old flights directly to Pittsburgh and then on the puddle jumper to Latrobe, but I'm sure it's a lot more comfortable.
Donnie

New Lebanon, OH

#5 Jul 18, 2012
Jim Moz wrote:
Dallas is a great hub for just about anywhere in the west. I've connected in Dallas a few times flying to and from Pittsburgh.

http://www.spirit.com/RouteMaps.aspx

It's probably a bit longer in the air than the old flights directly to Pittsburgh and then on the puddle jumper to Latrobe, but I'm sure it's a lot more comfortable.
The only problem I see with going to dallas is that means catching a connecting flight on american. If spirit has delays like they have had in leaving from and arriving to latrobe, that will prove very frustrating for travelers connected they start missing connecting flights.
someone

Latrobe, PA

#6 Jul 18, 2012
Being that most people from around here have family in NC, they should fly to Charlotte.

#7 Jul 18, 2012
someone wrote:
Being that most people from around here have family in NC
Most??? Where in the world does that observation come from?

#8 Jul 18, 2012
Donnie wrote:
<quoted text>
The only problem I see with going to dallas is that means catching a connecting flight on american.
DFW is such a major hub that you can catch connecting flights to just about anywhere. For any west coast, Rocky Mtn, or southwest location, it sure beats going through Ft Lauderdale, as some people had been talking about before.

Obviously, though, its not very useful if you're traveling to somewhere in the the Great Lakes or the northeast.

(I just read that these flights to and from Dallas don't start until mid-June of 2013. Sheesh. It takes that long to get three lousy flights a week on the schedule?)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Westmoreland County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Latrobe man charged with trying to arrange sex ... (Feb '16) Oct 4 Brian Renee Fanclub 6
News Fire destroys municipal building, vehicles, equ... Oct 3 firefighterb 1
Westmoreland County Mugshots and Criminal Arre... (Oct '16) Sep 30 Matland 3
News Illegal Immigrants Busted For Distributing Near... Jul '17 spytheweb 5
News Bullying, school safety challenges focus of sym... May '17 user 2
News Derry man jailed after allegedly hitting woman ... (Nov '09) Mar '17 smarter than dreama 54
News Greensburg prison inmate dies on the way to the... (Mar '08) Jan '17 Tcaam 61
More from around the web