Webster County High Drug Bust

Webster County High Drug Bust

Posted in the Webster County Forum

Cupcake

Lerona, WV

#1 May 25, 2009
Does any one have any information on the drug bust at the high school? It was told that a certain science teacher was busted.
Resident

Bluefield, WV

#2 May 27, 2009
Yes that teacher was busted...however I have been suprised that local news media haven't said anything about it.
resident

Lerona, WV

#3 May 28, 2009
hell yeah this county is going to hell. i live here and the people u think r teaching u kids in school are helping them come alcholics and drug users.
Resident

Bluefield, WV

#4 May 28, 2009
unfortunately it will probably take making an example of him before people will take notice that there will be no tolerance of this.
resident

Oakvale, WV

#5 May 29, 2009
yeah u know everyone is talking about the teachers who in the heck were the kids that got caught they r just as guilty as the teachers
Cupcake

Rupert, WV

#6 May 30, 2009
I know first names Cody, Skylar and Bucky. They a few joints and were punished the same as the teachers. Teachers are supposed to set a good example! Any one who wants to see the science teacher punished should complain to our prosecuting attorney
Voice of reason

United States

#7 Jun 1, 2009
The kids that were caught are minors. Therefore their names are not supposed to be made public by the media. I do not condone this behavior by anyone involved in any way. But the kids names shouldn't be a priorty for you to know. By law their identity is to be protected. Be very careful in listing those names because there can be very seious consequences for doing so. Even if the public in general know the students names, it's not a good idea to list them in a public forum. However, I just want to point out that this isn't new in our Webster County school system. I graduated from WCHS 13 years ago and drugs were just as much of a problem then as it is now. We were subject to drug searches with the trained dogs as well. Kids were caught with pot mostly, just like now. It's not a new problem in this community. I don't recall any teachers being busted during my time at the highschool. I do feel that the teachers do need to be held to a higher standard though. Whether teachers like it or not, they are supposed to be role models for students. Life is stressful and things happen in our personal lives that drive us to do some bad things sometimes. But this needs to be kept out of the school system during school time. Maybe this teacher needs some serious rehab instead of 10 days suspended. It's shameful that one would have those things in his vehicle on school property during school time. If a student had those same items, they would have been sent off to a juvinille correction center. The community in general isn't going to "hell". We just have more access to media now than we did several years ago. So we are more aware of the problems that have always been there. The best thing anyone can do is use this as an opportunity to talk to your kids about values, right and wrong, and consequences for your actions. Instead of worrying about the names of those involved, get involved with your own kids. Even the best of kids can find themselves on the wrong side of the law. Drugs will never distinguish from the rich or poor, the good kids from the so called bad kids. It's everywhere. Now it's our job to try to teach our own children the dangers invovled with all drugs.
that one kid

Athens, WV

#8 Jun 8, 2009
wow... none of them names where right and yes there was a teacher caught with the stuff i go to webster county highschool now and drugs r a problem but them ppl u said that got caught didnt because sklyer is a cross country campion and bucky and cody both play football and both r going to college to play...so u ppl need to get ur facts right.....
JUST WONDERING

Rupert, WV

#9 Jun 10, 2009
Well, then who were the right names
Voice of Reason

United States

#10 Jun 13, 2009
Again, the names are not your business because the kids are MINORS. You are just wanting to know for the sake of gossip. Posting those names can get the poster in very serious trouble. ISP addresses can be traced. Posting those names could lead to prosecution to the one that is dumb enough to put them on here or any other public forum. Not to mention grounds for a lawsuit against that person as well. Just trying to keep this in perspective for you. So please don't worry about it. It's over and has been dealt with. How about we all just try to keep talking to our kids about how drugs, in any amount, can screw up lives and your futures. Let's focus on that. Kids from pefect families and kids from not so perfect families are not immune to the pressure of trying drugs. It's everywhere and it's our job to try to instill better decision making skills in all kids. There is no full proof method for keeping our kids away from drugs. But talking to them and staying involved in their lives will certainly reduce the chances that they ever get involved. So let's shift our focus there instead of wondering about names.
Rat hater

Middlebourne, WV

#11 Jun 14, 2009
Well I hear Sarabeth Mccourt told on one of the teachers,a certain MR.Hamilton from wester high school, it really sucks when the people that rats out other people do the same damn thing as the ones they told on and more...if you know what I mean...
Voice of Reason

Clear Spring, MD

#12 Jun 14, 2009
Mr. H was caught off of school time and property for what he did. Kind of his own "hobby" so to speak. So that is a totally different issue here. Having those things on school time and property is a different crime really. Rat hater, just don't get too upset if you are not a criminal yourself. If you are clean and sober, then you have nothing at all to worry about.
whats up

Middlebourne, WV

#13 Jun 17, 2009
ok what ever
IDK

Ashburn, VA

#14 Feb 23, 2014
Rat hater wrote:
Well I hear Sarabeth Mccourt told on one of the teachers,a certain MR.Hamilton from wester high school, it really sucks when the people that rats out other people do the same damn thing as the ones they told on and more...if you know what I mean...
hey how much do you know about sara beth mccourt??? just found out today that my boyfriend has been seeing her...
IDK

Ashburn, VA

#15 Feb 25, 2014
I'm trying to find out about Sarabeth McCourt???? She said I needed to ask around about her soo....any info????

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Webster County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Triple murder trial begins in Webster County (Aug '13) May '17 Karma427 2
Family members of Moffet 'Buddy' White. Class o... (Mar '17) Mar '17 Anonymous 1
Panda Express Background Check (Nov '16) Nov '16 Timmy 2
christy brunson or jermey skimmehorn on chur... (Oct '16) Oct '16 lookingforhim 1
Jay Rodebaugh (Jan '15) Jul '16 amyjane 2
Crazy lady in white van (Apr '16) Jul '16 amyjane 2
Riffle family (May '16) Jul '16 amyjane 2
More from around the web