Farm Animals Neglected in Wayne Count...

Farm Animals Neglected in Wayne County, Tennessee

There are 12 comments on the WHNT-TV Huntsville story from Nov 30, 2007, titled Farm Animals Neglected in Wayne County, Tennessee. In it, WHNT-TV Huntsville reports that:

“It's a heartbreaking situation when you see something like this with this many animals literally starve them to death. It's very sad”

Laura Fitterman's Wayne County, Tennessee farm is a virtual zoo. You can find llamas, dogs, horses, goats and chickens here. via WHNT-TV Huntsville

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WHNT-TV Huntsville.

Marie Shaw

United States

#1 Jan 3, 2008
It was the working half of a petting Zoo, but if you drive around Wayne county you will find those same animals on a lot of farms in the area. As for an animal dieing on the property, that happens a lot here too. As for an animal or 2 being thin, that can be seen a lot around here too. Whoever wrote this statement above about "many animals starving to death" couldn't have been there to see them, well they did say "literally" But go to www.servingwayneco.com and you can see those fat starving animals, 1 is thin and she is 23yrs old with a colt at her side. I notice nobody is telling about the 5 animals the county abandoned on the Fitterman property for 3 weeks to fend for themselves, that includes the Sheriff, and Cause for Paws, and I suppose the Humane Society, and since Peta sent all those emails they must be involved too. Animal abuse is animal abuse, abandoning animals in your care with no food or water is animal abuse! just because you think you are someone it doesn't give you the right to abuse animals and if they are in your custody then they were all in your custody, not all but 5 And while we are at it does anyone know anything about Cause for Paws in the Wayne County area? Who gave them the authority to do anything? Are they backed by any National facility? And since when is the Sheriffs dept a judge of animal condition. And since the dead animal couldn't be seen from any road how did the nosey neighbors know about it? Since it was hunting season someone might have shot it for all we know, like that doesn't happen in Wayne County!
Lisa Donnerkeil

Cedar City, UT

#2 Jan 3, 2008
Sheriff Ric Wilson and members of the Wayne County SheriffÂ’s Department armed with a court order ....
The Patriot Act works for any situation now, what happened to calling and asking, if you needed assisstance? I didn't know you could join as a member of the Sheriff's department, thought they were paid SERVANTS of the Wayne County public, which quite often dumps the litters of their unspayed or unneuttered pets along the road side or in front of peoples' houses. That's o.k.? Will they take in those animals?
Lisa Donnerkeil

Cedar City, UT

#3 Feb 25, 2008
well......surprise, surprise, surprise! Our allegedly "ethically and morally challenged" sheriff now apparently reverses himself and apparently is overseeing the return all of these animals to a mean ole'animal abuser. How could anyone return these poor animals to an abuser???

Geee!!! I wonder why our allegedly "public minded" "law and order is optional" sheriff would do that? Could it be that no animal abuse took place???? Could also be that all of the fine upstanding volunteer citizens who aided our sheriff in the apparent unlawful seizure and theft of these animals realized they would have to pay for the care of these animal out of their own pockets instead of Miss Fitterman's as well as not get freeby animals after all???

Let's not forget about our fine upstanding public prosecutor and judge who have set "new standards" in ethical behavior, responsible leadership, and justice to include the intent of the law as well as the will of the people by allowing this "judicial rape" to go on.

It is beside the point that this entire fiasco and judicial rape has likely cost Miss Fitterman well in excess of $10,000 dollars in legal fees defending herself against trumped up charges of a crime the likely NEVER happened.

Where is the news paper and TV coverage of this this farce now????????

Why no word of any investigation into filling of false police reports, making false statement, malicious prosecution charges?

This sheriff, public prosecutor, and judge have done enough damage to our community and caused enough senseless grief and anguish not just to Miss Fitterman but dozens of other innocent citizens of Wayne county.

It is time for our sheriff, public prosecutor, and judge to resign in the shame they have brought to their office.
So called nosey neighbor

Fair Bluff, NC

#4 Mar 13, 2010
Miss Fitterman,check out her court record in Flordia,You didn't see her drag a mule behind her truck with a rope around its neck until if fell and was dragged.she could not keep her animals in her 22 acres,they were starving and continually in the neighbors yards.she had too many pets,27 dogs at one time several horses that she was caring for died,a mule which her dogs were eating,she shot one of own dogs.the sheriff did his job.she left Flordia under a court order,she left Tn. the same way,and its only a matter of vtime until AL. kicks her out.She worked for a vet.,,,,he fired her,she worked for other people involeing animals ,,,,fired.don't be blind,she gets free animals and uses them for money,like i said check out her record
hojo

Knoxville, TN

#5 Mar 25, 2010
We all shoot dogs. Careful who you are nosing around.
anonymous

Chattanooga, TN

#6 May 20, 2010
I happen to have met this lady before. They need to go to where she lives now. She lives in Florence, Alabama. Near Central, a mile or two from the school. I just happened across this story. It explains a lot.
anonymous

Madison, AL

#7 Sep 14, 2010
I was just recently at this womens house and she had two dachsund puppies in with a adult yorkie, he yorkie had ate one of the pups neck into, she then threw puppy up on top of crate and left it there, i had to ask her to move it so my passenges would not see it!!!! Yuck sick minded women
curious

United States

#8 Sep 15, 2010
Woooow!! What a sick person?!?!!!!
Becca

AOL

#9 Oct 13, 2010
No...not everyone shoots dogs....
Rabbit Friend

Mount Juliet, TN

#10 Oct 13, 2010
Laura is my friend on facebook and shes has albums and albums of pictures of her animals, not a one looks skinny or malnourished. I have never been to her property and only know her from seeing her at Rabbit Shows. But I can say that none of these animals look abused.
anonymous

Tuscumbia, AL

#11 Mar 24, 2011
Well rabbit friend why don't you look at craven desires pics of her animals-You don't actually think she would post sick, starving and injured animals on facebook? Duh Would you? All I know is she let a very sweet smart german shepherd female suffer in her yard on a 2$ tie out- Then dumped it never to be seen again-
a friend

Birmingham, AL

#12 Jul 8, 2012
This is for all the people that have nothing better to do than sit on your butt and talk trash about people. i have been friends with Laura for about 2 years now. I have been on the property several times where these unethical crimes have supposedly take place. and if how she is treating these animals is animal abuse then the core principle behind animal abuse needs to be revised. these animals eat better than some peoples kids. i have seen her try to buy back animals that were sold. due to non feeding and malnourishment on the new owners part. This may have been what people seen. A malnourished animal that she was nursing back to health. There is alot of animal abuse happening in this area but not by Laura. She is an animal savior. Of course this is all hearsay there is no proof. and who hasent had that nosey neighbor that thinks they are better than every body. i would like to tour these peoples property to pick every flaw out who knows they may be guilty of much more hanis crimes.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wayne County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
cca chief McClain (Dec '15) Dec '15 from someone in c... 1
Thomas Todd (Jul '15) Jul '15 Pimpin 1
:Ladies, hit me up asap (Jul '15) Jul '15 OhYeah 1
Wayne County Sheriff Profiteering at OUR Expense (Jan '10) Jun '15 Jesus H Chrisr 5
Ric Wilson (Jun '15) Jun '15 Melinda 1
Yet Another Deputy Negligently Destroys a Wayne... (May '09) Jun '15 FEDUP 5
Where is Rose Goggins??? (Jan '10) Aug '14 Mama C 73
More from around the web