Web wars in Wayne County sheriff race

For the first time in 37 years, residents of Wayne County will have a new sheriff. Full Story
DaltonDeceit

Rochester, NY

#21 Jul 31, 2009
Dalton is upset just because he is not competetive and is behind the game. What about him violating campaign finance election law of NYS with his webiste?? I would like for one of Dalton's supporters to respond!! LOL Ironic how the news media does not report that issue!
Rednecked Mama

Rochester, NY

#22 Jul 31, 2009
Forget the Republicans. Vote Democrat.

LOL - they all suck no matter what. That's too bad too.
anonymous

Rush, NY

#23 Jul 31, 2009
Guys and gals, search Dave Dalton for Sheriff in Google. See what comes up.
Country

Canandaigua, NY

#24 Jul 31, 2009
DaltonDeceit wrote:
It is interesting to note that Dalton violates campaign election law of NYS and NO one cites him for these "errors in judgement." If one goes to his website, you will see him in a government uniform (police) standing next to the Town of Palmyra Police car. 1). Was this picture taken while on the taxpayers' dime? 2). Was this approved by the Mayor of Palmyra? 3). Dalton's petition signatures were invalid with non-registered voters signing them; with his knowledge. 4). Dalton's has not even earned a bachelor's degree.
Please,this is all you can come up with? Come on Barry,you can do better than that can't you?
Carrie

Troy, NY

#25 Jul 31, 2009
How is Mr. Virts going to handle the problem of all the current deputies and other county employees having sexual relationships while working on county time?? This is a big problem and compromises the safety of the residents of Wayne County. How would he handle a deputy that is to concerned about what his "on the side" girlfriend is doing rather than do his job and respond to calls of service?? There are many issues that I can see will go unresolved by Mr. Virts but i can definetly see Mr. Dalton stepping up to the plate and taking care of the problem once and for all. I think that if Mr. Dalton gets elected then there will be alot of "house cleaning" going on at that department. The Wayne County Sheriffs Department is just as corrupt as Greece PD!! They just have not got caught yet because some of the higher ranking officers turn a blind eye to the problem...and engage in the same behavior as most of their deputies!
red beard

Rochester, NY

#26 Jul 31, 2009
Carrie wrote:
How is Mr. Virts going to handle the problem of all the current deputies and other county employees having sexual relationships while working on county time?? This is a big problem and compromises the safety of the residents of Wayne County. How would he handle a deputy that is to concerned about what his "on the side" girlfriend is doing rather than do his job and respond to calls of service?? There are many issues that I can see will go unresolved by Mr. Virts but i can definetly see Mr. Dalton stepping up to the plate and taking care of the problem once and for all. I think that if Mr. Dalton gets elected then there will be alot of "house cleaning" going on at that department. The Wayne County Sheriffs Department is just as corrupt as Greece PD!! They just have not got caught yet because some of the higher ranking officers turn a blind eye to the problem...and engage in the same behavior as most of their deputies!
Carrie,

pretty strong post, got any proof?
Carrie

Troy, NY

#27 Jul 31, 2009
Absolutely!!!! I use to work there and I am now retired. I have seen it for my self. And your proof would be 2 sergents that are now a couple....they were caught on county time having an affair by their other sergent...who happens to be the one female sergents husband. How messed up is that???? So if those sergents were too wrapped up in doing what they were doing...who was watching over their deputies??? Feel safe now???
Kurtis R

Troy, NY

#28 Jul 31, 2009
Mr. Virts is an outstanding and committed sheriff and has dedicated his life to improving the programs at the Wayne County Jail. My wife and I are supporters of Mr. Virts. He has created new and innovative programs in the jail, addressing issues regarding continuing education for young offenders, programs for families with an incarcerated family member, and so much more.
The web is used as an advertising tool and anyone can purchase a domain name that is not in use. Many competitive companies use the same tactic.
Mr. Virts has volunteered for many years to decrease the rate of recidivism, find affordable housing for these inmates and their families, and encourage inmates to participate in programs and services offered in our community. He has endorsed the concept of restorative justice, to repair the harm of criminal behavior, focusing on the victim, and the perpetrator's family. He understands and embraces that a crime affects many people, and that the community needs to heal.
With all this said, I do encourage Mr. Virts to close down this link. We want a competitive race.
Mr. Virts is the most qualified candidate for the position.
ignorance

Rochester, NY

#29 Jul 31, 2009
TROOPERS WIFE wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey honey- it's their not THERE
actually it is they're.... because THEY ARE from wayne county. no one owns wayne county which would then use THEIR!

“Lovin' you is fuuu-uuun...”

Since: Apr 09

drop the puck, Ref...

#30 Jul 31, 2009
Kurtis R wrote:
Mr. Virts is an outstanding and committed sheriff and has dedicated his life to improving the programs at the Wayne County Jail. My wife and I are supporters of Mr. Virts. He has created new and innovative programs in the jail, addressing issues regarding continuing education for young offenders, programs for families with an incarcerated family member, and so much more.
The web is used as an advertising tool and anyone can purchase a domain name that is not in use. Many competitive companies use the same tactic.
Mr. Virts has volunteered for many years to decrease the rate of recidivism, find affordable housing for these inmates and their families, and encourage inmates to participate in programs and services offered in our community. He has endorsed the concept of restorative justice, to repair the harm of criminal behavior, focusing on the victim, and the perpetrator's family. He understands and embraces that a crime affects many people, and that the community needs to heal.
With all this said, I do encourage Mr. Virts to close down this link. We want a competitive race.
Mr. Virts is the most qualified candidate for the position.
a competitive company, using an advertising tool? if your biy is so high and mighty, doing all the good you say he does; why does he resort to sleazy tactics commonly employed by dubious business owners. I mean, you make like he's all righteous, why can't he stand on his record and laurels, rather than take this methodology? Mind you, I could care less, I don't reside in your county, but, two of my brothers do and find this campaign questionable at best...

“Lovin' you is fuuu-uuun...”

Since: Apr 09

drop the puck, Ref...

#31 Jul 31, 2009
boy not biy
screwem

Canandaigua, NY

#32 Jul 31, 2009
DaltonDeceit wrote:
Dalton is upset just because he is not competetive and is behind the game.
If Dalton is so far behind, why is Virts so worried and pulling unethical tricks like this? I imagine Virts will be driving around the county to steal all the Dalton yard signs.
Brian Wilson

United States

#33 Jul 31, 2009
Good for Mr. Virts. In a political campaign every opportunity should be used to get your message out there. Just because this Dalton guy wasn't on top of securing his name doesn't make Barry a bad guy...it makes him opportunistic.
jojo

Syracuse, NY

#34 Jul 31, 2009
Other side wrote:
Terry Pickett for Wayne County Sheriff...Time for some change!
Good honorable choice and man!!!
cklucky13

Medina, NY

#35 Jul 31, 2009
If this BV guy wasn't afraid of some healthy competition he wouldn't have needed to resort to redirecting all of the domain names Dave Dalton logically would have used. As for the bill boards comment, any one who knows anything about internet marketing knows that this is not even a feasible comparison. In fact it's laughable.

At the end of day, it's sets a bad example for the voters in Wayne county. I wouldn't want my sheriff enacting unethical practices such as this.

If I could vote in Wayne county, I'd certainly vote for Dave Dalton. Have at it voters!
Barry Virts for Sheriff

Ashburn, VA

#36 Jul 31, 2009
Dear Mr. Dalton,
I'm sorry to hear that you have no experience in politics. It is common that when you lack intelligence in one area you try to excel in another. I see your excellence in trying to gain support through self pity and emotional awareness. What has happened to you as far as your name being bought out makes you feel stupid and therefore, you are angry. The truth is you were out smarted, you should feel stupid and the only person you should be angry with is yourself.
Country

Canandaigua, NY

#37 Aug 1, 2009
Barry Virts for Sheriff wrote:
Dear Mr. Dalton,
I'm sorry to hear that you have no experience in politics. It is common that when you lack intelligence in one area you try to excel in another. I see your excellence in trying to gain support through self pity and emotional awareness. What has happened to you as far as your name being bought out makes you feel stupid and therefore, you are angry. The truth is you were out smarted, you should feel stupid and the only person you should be angry with is yourself.
One word Mr. Virts, unethical!
Carrie

Troy, NY

#38 Aug 1, 2009
Dalton For Sheriff
Don Swain for Undersheriff
Wayne resident for Dalton

Ontario, NY

#39 Aug 1, 2009
To "tired of babysitting", you must have lived and gone to school in Wayne county because you certainly don't know how to spell. I got a real laugh out of your comment, and spelling! Keep your comments coming as laughing is good for the soul.
Wayne County Resident

Fairport, NY

#40 Aug 1, 2009
I know Mr. Virts to be a hard working, very honest upstanding individual who has served this county diligently for over 30 years. It is my opinion that there is no one more quailfied and more willing to serve as Sheriff of Wayne County than Mr. Virts. He has my vote.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wayne County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Wayne County boy, 15, indicted on rape and sex ... (Feb '10) Nov '14 Wendys Manager 10
Ontario man charged with shooting his dog in th... Nov '14 Paul blart 1
Arcadia supervisor vows to get things done (Jan '08) Sep '14 New To Newark Forum 13
Arcadia Supervisor wants abandoned properties b... (Mar '11) Aug '14 Crazy not Lazy 7
Police are searching for missing Newark teen (Sep '08) Aug '14 Vote Zornow 4
Wayne Co. man charged with sexually abusing child (Jan '14) Jan '14 Protecting Our Ch... 1
Two bodies found at Sodus house (Jul '13) Jul '13 tragic 2
More from around the web