Judge: Ficano must answer questions i...

Judge: Ficano must answer questions in lawsuit on aide's firing

There are 5 comments on the Detroit Free Press story from Jan 9, 2013, titled Judge: Ficano must answer questions in lawsuit on aide's firing. In it, Detroit Free Press reports that:

Wayne County Executive Robert Ficano wasn't directly involved in the decision to fire James Wallace, lawyers for the county have argued.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Detroit Free Press.

confused

Toledo, OH

#1 Jan 10, 2013
So r we supposed to believe everything lawyers speak? Ficano has lost faith of many voters including me.before turkia scandal broke he was highly regarded. We need qualified people in all these positions including appointees. Also at least 50 percent of these positions need to be eliminated. If this person was let go for nothing other than his beliefs this is reprehensible to say the least. Remember things can be changed to where public has more say in these lopsided decisions that have cost millions county can't recoup. Why is ficano not commenting on things as in years past?
Pete

Livonia, MI

#2 Jan 10, 2013
This is an "at will" state so employers can fire workers without cause except for age, sex and religion type stuff. Ficano is smart enough not to admit firing the guy for not campaigning. I predict it will not result in anything, but keeping Ficano off the job for 90 minutes is probably a good thing for the taxpayer.
confused

Taylor, MI

#3 Jan 10, 2013
It isn't long enough. His retirement would be appropriate!
confused

Taylor, MI

#4 Jan 10, 2013
And u r missing the point. Wayne county cannot have the luxury of doing things the old way.if this guy exposed even more corruption then he has right to have kept his job. There is a whistle blower act.no laws in Michigan r set in stone. they can be changed. This is a state in transition that requires very little if any more monkey business with our funds and accountability. remember that the common decent citizen requires up most honesty and integrity of government officials including appointees. If ficano did things illegally they should be exposed.
Pete

Livonia, MI

#5 Jan 11, 2013
confused wrote:
And u r missing the point. Wayne county cannot have the luxury of doing things the old way.if this guy exposed even more corruption then he has right to have kept his job. There is a whistle blower act.no laws in Michigan r set in stone. they can be changed. This is a state in transition that requires very little if any more monkey business with our funds and accountability. remember that the common decent citizen requires up most honesty and integrity of government officials including appointees. If ficano did things illegally they should be exposed.
We have a system of law and order. Investigations around Ficano are taking place all the time now. He can't move without being investigated and having Charlie Laduff on his tail. The system works on its own schedule, not yours. People go to jail based on evidence and judicial process, not your whim. Personally, I too think Ficano is guilty of even more than presented and I hope he does go to the clink.

Judge Hathaway was guilty of fraud in my opinion too and it looks like the state cut her a deal to resign instead of be charged. Ficano might ultimately do the same.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wayne County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Jamar Pinkney Sr. gets up to 80 years in prison... (Apr '10) Oct '17 MadreeP 227
News 2 Minnesota moms charged in Michigan genital mu... Sep '17 Michaela Lynn 2
News JonBenet's Brother Sues Pathologist for $150M (Mar '17) Aug '17 Tex- 6
News Black Lives Matter to march in Detroit on anniv... (May '16) Mar '17 Mikeymike116 9
Eight Mile Road Music Thread (Mar '17) Mar '17 Musikologist 1
News Police chief blasts weak sentences, low bonds i... (Mar '17) Mar '17 WATCHING LIVONIA 2
News Chief blasts low bail for habitual offenders (Feb '17) Feb '17 @Real Kelly 1
More from around the web