why no sidewalks , lights on mount ve...

why no sidewalks , lights on mount vernon road , why new people are treated

Posted in the Wayne County Forum

to the mayor

Olney, IL

#1 Aug 16, 2006
we dont have a comment as much as a question why would the mayor make a large golf course, then say he wants to make a lake larger then what is offered for a drive of about 30 min. But yet people are having to ride bikes or walk in streets. where there is no sidewalks offered no night time lights offered. why not put a sidewalk to walmart or better yet on mount vernon road where lots of people are walking or riding bikes to the college.
another, big question is why is it people will not hire you unless they have known you all there lifes or at least half of it? a new person in town can not get a job here easly at all? new commers are not welcome the money they bring is welcome but the person is not? a person can not make it here unless they know everyone eles and they like you, its not right to be treated this way no matter where you go or come from. everyone should be treated the best they can be as well as safe sidewalks and lights should be out for all. I personaly see no use for such a large golf course I will never get no use out of it. I also felt that the money could have been used for something more better like safe walking areas for all walkers and bike riders.
Texasweaver

Arlington, TX

#2 Aug 27, 2009
I am from Illinois orginally lived there for 30yrs. I worked and shopped at Mt.Vernon,Onley,and Flora. So i know the area pretty well minus the last 6yrs being in Dallas/Ft.Worth texas. I can't say much about the golf coarse other than its probly just a waste of space. How many golf courses does that area need anyway lol. As for the lights and sidewalks no lights saves money. Hell all cities should turn off all city lights at midnight just to shave off some city expenses. Don't worry about crime going up because lights are off thats what the 2nd admendments for. If everyone shoots a meth head seems that might cut back on crime and the rampent meth problem around there. Job's I don't think the job issue has much to do with the good old boy who you know thing as much as it is a dead economy as in no jobs anyway. Here in Dallas/Ft.worth area we have 500 to 1000 people fighting to get whatever crap $8.00hr job comes a long.A lot of those people have years of experience and 4yr+ degree's and yes if you know someone you have the upper hand in landing that job.Besides you think its bad now wait a couple years then this time right now will seem like the best damn christmas you ever had.
Resident

Hazard, KY

#3 Jun 22, 2011
What upsets me is they drained the lake at Lakeside park because of flooding of the traylor court but most people in the traylor court are like roaches anyway. The city can spend money on the useless golf course when pot holes need to be fixed. I agree with the job situation, you have to know someone in order to get a job. So sad. Most only lazy people or home wreckers gets the job. What is wrong with our town???????

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#4 Aug 30, 2011
While I agree with your comment about the lake being drained and the other problems about the jobs and the trailer court, I want to correct one part for you. The reason the lake was drained is because the Army Corp of Engineers came to town and forced the issue. Why was the Army Corp of Engineers here in the first place? Because the Mayor made them mad with his clearing of the wetlands near the water plant east of town. Now the lake area is a dedicated wetland and cannot be disturbed. What basically happened was a tip for a tap...destroy wetlands that they control...they come and destroy a beautiful lake and park for the town. They can word it however they wish but thats what it boils down to. Blame the mayor and the corp of engineers for that little ditty! Its ridiculous and should not have ever happened and really? Do you think 4 foot of water would flood that court that badly? If it did would it actually hurt our town or would it just lower the unemployment rate? No I am not against them that live in the trailer park but seriously was the lake such a bad thing as it was made out to be? I think someone was just on a mission and they succeeded in ruining the lake and the park!
Resident wrote:
What upsets me is they drained the lake at Lakeside park because of flooding of the traylor court but most people in the traylor court are like roaches anyway. The city can spend money on the useless golf course when pot holes need to be fixed. I agree with the job situation, you have to know someone in order to get a job. So sad. Most only lazy people or home wreckers gets the job. What is wrong with our town???????

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wayne County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Heartland: TABLOID Twister out of control.. don... Jun 9 MuDuD 0
Why Were Posts CRITICAL Of DISCLOSURE TABLOID C... (May '14) May '14 news 2
News Kakac appointed resident judge in Wayne County,... (Dec '13) Dec '13 a concern citizen 1
News Illinois 19-year-old sentenced to prison for ch... (Oct '10) Oct '12 smartguy2012 2
Looking for a home for sale in Fairfield, Illinois (Apr '12) Apr '12 John and Patricia... 1
News Ex-staffer sues Ficano over political work (Apr '12) Apr '12 fed up 1
Fairfield trash collection (Jan '12) Jan '12 concerned citizen 1
More from around the web