Tagg Romney visits Ashe and Watauga

Sep 25, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Watauga Democrat

Tagg Romney, the eldest son of Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney, will visit Ashe and Watauga counties Thursday morning, according to the Republican National Committee.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 19 of19
ButtMucker

Boone, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2012

Judged:

who gives a happy damn if some spoiled little rich kid comes for a visit.
Bob

Boone, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2012

Judged:

Woohoo! One of the Romney clones are coming to town!
LuLu

Lenoir, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2012

I'm coming to Boone, if I have to crawl, to see Mr. Romney to show my support for his father. I just watched an interview with a builder in Ohio that,4 years ago was building 200 houses. That's a lotta jobs. In 3 years he built 0, zip, nada, none. Vote out the old, vote in the new. CAN'T be any worse. I read in the High Country how real estate sales are up. How many of those sales were foreclosures etc..while sales are good, "shovel ready jobs" go to who from Watauga Co? What jobs are those? I've met some of the crews that were working on the 321 highway and they were not from Watauga Co. So they earn their $ there and take it some where else to spend it. It's age old history.
Bob

Boone, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2012

Well, you can't hold one person responsible for all of the country's troubles. Yes, our economy has gone down the drain over the past few years. But is it all Obama's fault? You also have Congress to blame for this. The crews that worked on 321 weren't from around here because there are no businesses in the county that could have taken on such a large job. So of course, they had to hire a company from off of the mountain. Do you really think that Romney, or anyone else, can fix all of our problems in 4 years? Now I really don't like Obama that much, but I have to vote for him because there is nobody better.
LuLu

Lenoir, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2012

Like I said vote out the old, ALL the old. I'm a registered Independent. I would like to see experience with payroll, taxes, etc....
Pepper

Lenoir, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2012

He looks like Shoney's Big Boy.
Bob

Boone, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2012

Just because Romney ran a huge business doesn't mean he's qualified to run a whole country.
LuLu

Lenoir, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2012

Bob wrote:
Just because Romney ran a huge business doesn't mean he's qualified to run a whole country.
Doesn't mean he ISN'T either. Current president is a lawyer and is a fundraiser, does that make HIM qualified the run a whole country?
Bob

Boone, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2012

I hated that Obama had such little experience when he was elected. That was one of the reasons I voted for McCain. But this time around, Obama is the one with more experience.
Huckleberry

Lenoir, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2012

More experience in what?
Bob

Boone, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2012

Judged:

More experience in running a country.
LuLu

Lenoir, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2012

Come on Bob, let us hear about the experience that Obama has learned.
Bob

Boone, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2012

He already has 4 years under his belt. How many does Romney have?
LuLu

Lenoir, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2012

Romney has the same amount the President Obama had almost 4 years ago. I would like to know how many days the President has been in the Oval office. I mean IN the room. Air Force One is only so big and you can't take your entire staff with you when you fly. When the cost is $179,750.00 AVERAGE per HOUR, think about that, I would rather have someone who MIGHT stay on the ground a little longer. I cannot see the great experience and what it has done for this country. I work in a small retail store and by far, people are NOT better off than they were almost 4 years ago, their words not mine. I had a conversation with a couple from Hershey PA this past weekend, same talk just a different state. A guy from GA, WAS going to expand, "maybe next year when the dust settles", a couple from Dallas TX, things are "not as bad as here, but people are still scared to really invest in new projects", a lady from CO. sales rep for a sign co. "I'm not selling because there are no new businesses opening and everyone else are keeping the old signs for now". So, for me I'm hoping that someone who knows what payroll, budget, business expense, COST CUTTING (per hour maybe) business expansion etc.....I've read President past experience, from college to the White House. It's not there.
LuLu

Lenoir, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2012

Almost forgot, see ya at the Daniel Boone Inn!!:)
Snuggy

Boone, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2012

Judged:

Politicians are politicians ,put them in a jar ,shake it up and pick one out.Same thing every time.
Bob

Boone, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2012

I'm not talking about how much experience Obama had 4 years ago. I'm talking about how much experience he has today. And Snuggy is right. Politicians are generally the same. There only minor differences on how they view society.
appalachian finest

Fayetteville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Lulu save ur thoughts. Obama came in when the country was already ok in a mess Bush had a mess during the time Obama came in and it will take more then 4 yrs for us to see a big change . obama need another term!!!!!
appalachian finest

Fayetteville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Ok Lulu see in at Daniel Boone Inn

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 19 of19
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Watauga County Discussions

Search the Watauga County Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Mallatere pleads not guilty to charges (Jan '14) Jun 26 Bob 8
Leave Turtle Island Alone Jun 22 A FAN 2
Will DA race be decided today -- or this summer? May '14 nat miller sux 2
Springer to run for district attorney (Aug '13) May '14 wellaware 27
BEST of the BEST Apr '14 andy 1
Bridge named for Mast Mar '14 Stock 4
Amy Tilley Bower, ex-N.C. elementary school tea... (Aug '13) Mar '14 jojo 19
•••
•••