Plant closing in Boone to cost 100-pl...

Plant closing in Boone to cost 100-plus jobs

There are 22 comments on the WCNC-TV Charlotte story from Aug 28, 2011, titled Plant closing in Boone to cost 100-plus jobs. In it, WCNC-TV Charlotte reports that:

An electronic parts manufacturer that has been a long-time employer the Boone for more than 50 years says it will relocate jobs to Mexico.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WCNC-TV Charlotte.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Vols

Morganton, NC

#1 Aug 28, 2011
Shows how much corps "care" about local people. Id make bets the owner is a member of the Teahobbits as well, as they really love cheap labor to make them more money to pay for hummer gas.
somebody

United States

#3 Aug 30, 2011
agreeeeeeedddddd
doe resident

Johnson City, TN

#5 Aug 31, 2011
The mexicans are taking jobs here already or taking advantage of some kind of welfare.Now,we are sending jobs to the ones who did not make it under the fence?
grits

Lenoir, NC

#6 Sep 1, 2011
Why blame the Mexcians? Who decided to move the factory down there?
Factory owners. Why? Pure, unmitigated greed.
mcard

Hickory, NC

#7 Sep 2, 2011
can't blame this one on the mexicans
somebody

United States

#8 Sep 3, 2011
blame this on clinton and his cohorddddssss..free trade aggreementtttt...ALL THAT SIGNED IT..GREEDY NASTY..........THEY ARE DOING THEIR BEST TO MAKE THIS A ONE WORLD GOVERNMENT and they are! SOONER THAN LATER...WHEN WILL AMERICANS WAKE-UP!
somebody

United States

#9 Sep 3, 2011
not TILL ITS TOOOO LATE...WATCH AND SEE PPL
So What

Columbia, SC

#10 Sep 4, 2011
somebody wrote:
blame this on clinton and his cohorddddssss..free trade aggreementtttt...ALL THAT SIGNED IT..GREEDY NASTY..........THEY ARE DOING THEIR BEST TO MAKE THIS A ONE WORLD GOVERNMENT and they are! SOONER THAN LATER...WHEN WILL AMERICANS WAKE-UP!
So what's wrong with a one world government. The US has always wanted the rest of the world to embrace our form of democracy. If you think a one world government is going to fly "sooner than later" try to get it past Saudi Arabia, China or Russia. I doubt it.
someone

United States

#11 Sep 7, 2011
you will see whats wrong with it
So What

Columbia, SC

#12 Sep 9, 2011
someone wrote:
you will see whats wrong with it
So I'm still wondering what do you think is wrong with a one government world or a one world government? All the diversity without all the different bureaucracies. I think it sounds great. One big leader. Sounds almost Godly.
someone

United States

#13 Sep 13, 2011
So What wrote:
<quoted text>
So I'm still wondering what do you think is wrong with a one government world or a one world government? All the diversity without all the different bureaucracies. I think it sounds great. One big leader. Sounds almost Godly.
Not unless HE is God
Mick

Bostic, NC

#14 Sep 14, 2011
Obama has made it difficult for our employers. If he raises taxes as promised many more employers will leave our country. Have these stupid m...f... not had enough of him yet!!!!!!
Just For the Record

Lenoir, NC

#15 Sep 14, 2011
Mick wrote:
Obama has made it difficult for our employers. If he raises taxes as promised many more employers will leave our country. Have these stupid m...f... not had enough of him yet!!!!!!
Obama is proposing less payroll taxes for employers and more for the very rich and big oil. They can afford it. You Obama haters twist things to suit your agenda. When it comes to hate, politics and religion people tend to close their minds and eyes and follow the herd.
Doc Peacock

Hickory, NC

#16 Sep 15, 2011
Just For the Record wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama is proposing less payroll taxes for employers and more for the very rich and big oil. They can afford it. You Obama haters twist things to suit your agenda. When it comes to hate, politics and religion people tend to close their minds and eyes and follow the herd.
Maybe Obama and his minions will provide a $500 million loan guarantee for this company...so it can go bankrupt a few months later...that Obama, he's real smart...
Just For the Record

Lenoir, NC

#17 Sep 16, 2011
Doc Peacock wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe Obama and his minions will provide a $500 million loan guarantee for this company...so it can go bankrupt a few months later...that Obama, he's real smart...
I never said Obama was smart or right. However people should try to research a little rather than parroting info they've read on some blog or received in some scare tactic email.
boonie

Stanley, NC

#18 Sep 16, 2011
The payroll tax cut you are talking about is a temporary cut....but the increases he is talking about for corporations and "the rich" (thats a laff)...are permanent!

He wants to eliminate the depreciation schedule for corporate aircraft......which will maybe save enough money in a year to pay for one of his trips on Air Force One.......but how many people who make a living building and serving these corporate aircraft will lose their jobs?
brokenheartedint n

United States

#19 Oct 22, 2011
we were suppose to be discussing IRC closing down,moving to mexicali mexico...duh.......it stinks....Think they got a HUGEEEE offer for the building,I'M SURE .The College and BIG Tourism TAKES OVER BOONE,and wants our Jobs at IRC GONE,PERIOD!THE PPL LOSE AGAIN
Wang

Eagle Springs, NC

#20 Oct 22, 2011
Now those people can get back to what they do best. Grow weed, cook meth, and write bad checks.
gooby

Boone, NC

#21 Oct 23, 2011
brokenheartedintn wrote:
we were suppose to be discussing IRC closing down,moving to mexicali mexico...duh.......it stinks....Think they got a HUGEEEE offer for the building,I'M SURE .The College and BIG Tourism TAKES OVER BOONE,and wants our Jobs at IRC GONE,PERIOD!THE PPL LOSE AGAIN
What? You actually believe that ASU and tourism caused IRC to leave?
brokenheartedint n

United States

#22 Oct 23, 2011
gooby wrote:
<quoted text>What? You actually believe that ASU and tourism caused IRC to leave?
Not ALL..of it,alot of greed and i am sure they got a BIG OFFER $$$$$$$ FOR the land the building sits ON

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Watauga County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Deputy Todd Phillips Sat Bubble headed blonde 2
News Eustace Conway trespassing charge dismissed (May '13) Oct 9 Bob 14
News SWAT team trains at Howard's Knob home (Apr '13) Jun '17 Trenton Sanders 5
brandy triplett or baird? (Aug '15) Jun '17 Bently 3
Boone Snitches (Apr '16) Jun '17 Hayden 5
News HOLD Boone Police continue drug probe (Dec '15) Dec '16 justwondering 4
News Man sentenced to 37 years for dealing heroin (Dec '16) Dec '16 Jack 1
More from around the web