Arrest made after blue-light...

Nov 15, 2013 Full story: Watauga Democrat 17

Boone Public Works Director Blake Brown was charged with a misdemeanor Friday after allegations that he unlawfully pulled over a vehicle using blue lights last week, according to the sheriff's office.

Full Story
wtf

Boone, NC

#1 Nov 16, 2013
seriously? wtf was he thinking?
charges

Huntersville, NC

#2 Nov 16, 2013
Seems to be rather light charges. How about impersonating an officer?
Bob

Boone, NC

#3 Nov 16, 2013
From the way things were explained in the article, he never told the woman he was an officer. Also, no badge was presented, or visible. But a misdemeanor charge doesn't seem appropriate for what he did. At least the whole community knows that he is a creep.
Public come forward

Spruce Pine, NC

#4 Nov 16, 2013
At 58 years old this kind of sick prank is mainly pulled off by some sicko 40+ years younger. Is this his only "one and only" screw up? Or is he prone to these kind of delinquent actions. I hope other people who have been taken by him in other ways will come forward. This behavior should not be accepted or tolerated. Was he using the Town of Boone property and town time when this occurred? This is perfect bad example of a TOB department head abiding his job just for his foolish benefit.
Family man

Spruce Pine, NC

#5 Nov 16, 2013
Man what about your friends and family. At 58 your a grandfather and pulling the same stunts as a strung out teenager? I can't make sense of it. To chase and pull over innocent women would piss off anyone's wife. Where's his family in all of this? This can't be an isolated incident at that age. I guess we will all have to wait for it all to come out.
amen

Carolina Beach, NC

#6 Nov 16, 2013
ld hagaman will have this dismissed or deferred. they are pals. he will do like he did a certain former officer when stopped for driving drunk, that time took him home. when he was asked about it. ld lied as usual.
charges

Huntersville, NC

#8 Nov 17, 2013
funny how the democrat has removed the comments section...
Bob

Boone, NC

#9 Nov 17, 2013
Comments section is still there.
Joseph

Fleetwood, NC

#10 Nov 18, 2013
Bob wrote:
From the way things were explained in the article, he never told the woman he was an officer. Also, no badge was presented, or visible. But a misdemeanor charge doesn't seem appropriate for what he did. At least the whole community knows that he is a creep.
Maybe you need to read the article again. Quote from article

""I said to him, in a really hateful voice,'Are you a cop?' and when I said that, he turned around and headed back to his car," the woman said. "He said 'yes,' really hateful under his breath"
Bob

Boone, NC

#11 Nov 18, 2013
A simple "yes" is not enough. Now, if went up and said, "I'm Officer Joe Blow, and I pulled you over because you have a pretty mouth..." then that would be enough.
Plea bargin

Huntersville, NC

#12 Nov 18, 2013
Don't worry, he won't get much, plead down to nothing. House arrest with his momma
concerned local

Rhoadesville, VA

#13 Dec 12, 2013
thats how it works in boone crooked courts cops nothing has changed in years.
Boone Concerned Citizen

Boone, NC

#14 Dec 13, 2013
concerned local wrote:
thats how it works in boone crooked courts cops nothing has changed in years.
perhaps you are the most ignorant person posting on this site. perhaps
concerned local

Rhoadesville, VA

#15 Dec 14, 2013
once again you are to upset.You must be in the circle of crooks.I hope they all get caught with their shady acts!!!
TruthSpeaker

Boone, NC

#16 Dec 22, 2013
Poor judgement happens. Unfortunately this was one of those times! He is a great person who made the wrong decision at the wrong time.
anonymous

Boone, NC

#17 Dec 22, 2013
Does anyone know what his side of the story is? I find it hard to believe he knowingly did something wrong.
john brady

Fleetwood, NC

#18 Dec 23, 2013
It's a little more than "just a wrong decision at the wrong time" That would be like changing lanes and a car being in your blind spot.

You can't be driving behind some one and say " hmmm I wounder if there is a blue light under the seat in my car and if I plug it in the lighter will it work and can I pull a pretty girl over and pretend to be a cop?"

It kinda takes some planning ahead of time.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Watauga County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mallatere pleads not guilty to charges (Jan '14) Nov 20 John 18
Magistrate Nov '14 Jollymama88 1
Leave Turtle Island Alone (Jun '14) Jun '14 A FAN 2
Will DA race be decided today -- or this summer? (May '14) May '14 nat miller sux 2
Springer to run for district attorney (Aug '13) May '14 wellaware 27
BEST of the BEST (Apr '14) Apr '14 andy 1
Bridge named for Mast (Mar '14) Mar '14 Stock 4
More from around the web