Back to school today for Madison, Mit...

Back to school today for Madison, Mitchell counties

There are 15 comments on the Asheville Citizen-Times story from Aug 7, 2007, titled Back to school today for Madison, Mitchell counties. In it, Asheville Citizen-Times reports that:

Public school students in Madison and Mitchell counties return classrooms today as back-to-school weeks get under way in Western North Carolina.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Asheville Citizen-Times.

“WeaverVEGAS baby!”

Since: Feb 07

Weaverville, NC

#1 Aug 8, 2007
well, they will be out again before buncombe county and asheville city schools, again!!!! But good luck to them all!!!
Carl

Boiling Springs, SC

#2 Aug 8, 2007
Way too early. Let the kids have a summer.

“WeaverVEGAS baby!”

Weaverville, NC

#3 Aug 8, 2007
Carl wrote:
Way too early. Let the kids have a summer.
yes, i do agree, but let the kids at asheville city, and buncombe county schools have a summer too!!! school should not even start until after labor day, and end before memorial day!!!!
Carl

Boiling Springs, SC

#4 Aug 8, 2007
workzone smartie wrote:
<quoted text>
yes, i do agree, but let the kids at asheville city, and buncombe county schools have a summer too!!! school should not even start until after labor day, and end before memorial day!!!!
I agree completely. They are only young once, let them enjoy it.
Question

Asheville, NC

#5 Aug 8, 2007
workzone smartie wrote:
well, they will be out again before buncombe county and asheville city schools, again!!!! But good luck to them all!!!
depends on snow days

“WeaverVEGAS baby!”

Weaverville, NC

#6 Aug 8, 2007
Carl wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree completely. They are only young once, let them enjoy it.
thanks soo much, for your input!!!:)

“WeaverVEGAS baby!”

Weaverville, NC

#7 Aug 8, 2007
Question wrote:
<quoted text>
depends on snow days
true, but for about 3 years now, its always madison, mitchell, and yancey counties always get out about 1 to 2 weeks, before buncombe co. does!!!! And i believe that this winter will most likely be another winter, like last year, but WE'LL See!!!!

Since: Jun 07

Wilsons Mills, NC

#8 Aug 8, 2007
Anybody show up?

“Why do ya need to know that?”

Leicester

#9 Aug 8, 2007
workzone smartie wrote:
<quoted text>
true, but for about 3 years now, its always madison, mitchell, and yancey counties always get out about 1 to 2 weeks, before buncombe co. does!!!! And i believe that this winter will most likely be another winter, like last year, but WE'LL See!!!!
How profound. How do you know this winter will be like last winter?

“"We have come too far, ”

Since: Apr 07

Corinth, Texas

#10 Aug 8, 2007
How profound. How do you know this winter will be like last winter

Coats on Squirrels, amount of nuts on trees, number of fogs in August(start counting), bark thickness and lots of other things in nature.

Dunnin probably watches this kind of thing more than depending on some overeducated weather person who has about as much chance of getting it right as the Texans have in winning the Super Bowl ever.

“WeaverVEGAS baby!”

Weaverville, NC

#11 Aug 8, 2007
Dunnin wrote:
<quoted text>
How profound. How do you know this winter will be like last winter?
Well, you know that the two last winters that we have had, were mild!!!! And more than likely we will have a mild winter!!!! I as a snow lover would love a very bad winter, and wish that we would have a bad winter, before snow becomes extinct for mountains south of the virginia border!!!

“WeaverVEGAS baby!”

Weaverville, NC

#12 Aug 8, 2007
Sgt Rock wrote:
Anybody show up?
for school or what???? I am confused!!

Leicester

#13 Aug 8, 2007
workzone smartie wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, you know that the two last winters that we have had, were mild!!!! And more than likely we will have a mild winter!!!! I as a snow lover would love a very bad winter, and wish that we would have a bad winter, before snow becomes extinct for mountains south of the virginia border!!!
Dont know where you live, workzonesmartie, but not this past winter but the one before that, I had 12" of snow at my house when Asheville barely had one or two snowflurries. True, this winter was pretty mild with only one or two snows, but in this area, it all depends on where you live. And no, we dont need a bad winter with all the people in this area who feel they must go to Ingles if the weather forecast even mentions the word..........SNOW!!

We will have what we have and nothing can be done about it.

Leicester

#14 Aug 8, 2007
Ticker wrote:
How profound. How do you know this winter will be like last winter
Coats on Squirrels, amount of nuts on trees, number of fogs in August(start counting), bark thickness and lots of other things in nature.
Dunnin probably watches this kind of thing more than depending on some overeducated weather person who has about as much chance of getting it right as the Texans have in winning the Super Bowl ever.
I dont know a lot about snow lore, but I go by watching the clouds and the feel of the air. If it feels like snow and the clouds are right, its going to happen. And no, Dunnin pays no attention to the weatherforecasters. Wish I did know about the lore, though.....

“WeaverVEGAS baby!”

Weaverville, NC

#15 Aug 9, 2007
Dunnin wrote:
<quoted text>
Dont know where you live, workzonesmartie, but not this past winter but the one before that, I had 12" of snow at my house when Asheville barely had one or two snowflurries. True, this winter was pretty mild with only one or two snows, but in this area, it all depends on where you live. And no, we dont need a bad winter with all the people in this area who feel they must go to Ingles if the weather forecast even mentions the word..........SNOW!!
We will have what we have and nothing can be done about it.
true i agree too, but i live in weaverville, and when the biggest last snowstorm that they predicted of 8 inches, we only got about a dusting at my house, but up there in spruce pine/ bakersville area got anywhere from 6 inches to about 1 foot high from the professional reports i received!!!!! Dont mention about snow drifts.

IT IS VERY UNPREDICTABLE TO FORECAST FOR THESE MTNS, EVEN WITH THE BEST EQUIPTMENT!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Watauga County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
brandy triplett or baird? Thu Clare 1
Rupert of Watauga County Apr '15 lildoggie 3
News Boone man accused of sexually assaulting teen (Feb '15) Feb '15 sandusky jr 1
News Boone Police make cyber predator arrest (Jan '15) Feb '15 lipstick boy 2
News Mallatere pleads not guilty to charges (Jan '14) Nov '14 John 18
Magistrate (Nov '14) Nov '14 Jollymama88 1
Leave Turtle Island Alone (Jun '14) Jun '14 A FAN 2
More from around the web