Praying for Schools

Jan 31, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Watauga Democrat

The Newtown, Conn., tragedy spurred radical changes in the way that many Americans view life.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 11 of11
Amazed

Boone, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

"Because praying has been proven to stop mass shootings", said no one ever.
mike

Banner Elk, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

you wanna stop mass shootings then its easy can be done in one easy step. we have hundreds ofthousands of retired soldiers that would be more than happy to take the job of killing the dirty sons of bitches that are trying to harm our kids. put a few of em around every school and things willstop. unless you think there good enough to go to war and die for our country but not good enough to protect the only hope of a fture this country may have
Knows

Banner Elk, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

mike wrote:
you wanna stop mass shootings then its easy can be done in one easy step. we have hundreds ofthousands of retired soldiers that would be more than happy to take the job of killing the dirty sons of bitches that are trying to harm our kids. put a few of em around every school and things willstop. unless you think there good enough to go to war and die for our country but not good enough to protect the only hope of a fture this country may have
Why not put them, fully armed and in body armor, around malls, churches, department stores, resterants, patrolling the streets, and anywhere else that shootings have occurred. Raise the income tax, and increase all sales tax to pay for it. Then we could have the organized police state and presence Wayne Lapierre dreams of.
Crazy

Weaverville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

If you are asking me to believe in God, as an insurance policy, than I will have to politely decline. If you are asking me whether I would rather treat people equally as human beings, and not how your christian god judges them, than yes I would rather do as I see fit. Which is to treat everyone with dignity and respect. If you think that the bible has anything positive to give to young impressionable minds, than you are part of the problem. Do not worry, soon, people like you will be a very small minority, and the world will be beter for it.
Knows

Banner Elk, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Crazy wrote:
If you are asking me to believe in God, as an insurance policy, than I will have to politely decline. If you are asking me whether I would rather treat people equally as human beings, and not how your christian god judges them, than yes I would rather do as I see fit. Which is to treat everyone with dignity and respect. If you think that the bible has anything positive to give to young impressionable minds, than you are part of the problem. Do not worry, soon, people like you will be a very small minority, and the world will be beter for it.
WTH?
Bob

Boone, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

I see what crazy is saying. These nuts try to drag me down to their level by saying,'What if there is a Heaven and God? Wouldn't it you rather be safe than sorry?' That's not believing. That's using fear to get people under control of religion.
Hello

Morganton, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

Keep praying at home, in your church, in your car. Keep it out of school. Let our schools teach curriculum. Churches can teach religion. To illustrate the point.. What if the school said we are leading a prayer of all students and the prayer was to Allah, Buddah, Wiccan goddess or any of the other 4300 one true gods in the world of religion? Just because Christians are the majority in America doesnt make it constitutional.
Joe

Boone, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

Hello wrote:
Keep praying at home, in your church, in your car. Keep it out of school. Let our schools teach curriculum. Churches can teach religion. To illustrate the point.. What if the school said we are leading a prayer of all students and the prayer was to Allah, Buddah, Wiccan goddess or any of the other 4300 one true gods in the world of religion? Just because Christians are the majority in America doesnt make it constitutional.
Very well put. So many people want things their way, that they ignore the rights and beliefs of others. If you need or want religion in your life, that's your choice. It's not your choice if I have religion in my life though.
mike

Banner Elk, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Knows wrote:
<quoted text>
Why not put them, fully armed and in body armor, around malls, churches, department stores, resterants, patrolling the streets, and anywhere else that shootings have occurred. Raise the income tax, and increase all sales tax to pay for it. Then we could have the organized police state and presence Wayne Lapierre dreams of.
If you are required by aw o visit these places then yes there should be armed security there. But since shopping malls are not required stops but rather there plessure trips its your own responceability to see that you are safe there. Now if one day the feds write a law saying all people have to visit a shopping mall, or church or concert or anyother public venue then it would be the responceability of the govenment to provide public protection at these events as well.
Joe

Boone, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

I can't trust someone who obviously hasn't made it through High School to protect my kids.
wondering

Newland, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Hello wrote:
The article NEVER says that they are teaching prayer in schools. It never says that they are encouraging prayer in schools. Its Praying4Schools not prayingNschools. If you don't pray then don't participate.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 11 of11
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Watauga County Discussions

Search the Watauga County Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Springer to run for district attorney (Aug '13) Apr 10 23 years an attorney 15
Bridge named for Mast Mar 31 Stock 4
Amy Tilley Bower, ex-N.C. elementary school tea... (Aug '13) Mar '14 jojo 19
Watauga Co. School Board votes on banned book Feb '14 Bob 1
Two men arrested after detectives seize one pou... Feb '14 Skeeter P 4
Watauga woman arrested after standoff Jan '14 Melvin Purvis 1
Mallatere pleads not guilty to charges Jan '14 DsS32 2
•••
•••