Unaffiliated in Watauga to be key

Unaffiliated in Watauga to be key

There are 5 comments on the Winston-Salem Journal story from Oct 9, 2006, titled Unaffiliated in Watauga to be key. In it, Winston-Salem Journal reports that:

Mark Shook is a Republican who has successfully led his officers in high-profile cases during his first term as sheriff of Watauga County.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Winston-Salem Journal.

Danielle Bradly

Suffolk, VA

#1 Oct 17, 2006
Mark Shook is by far the worst sheriff that I have ever seen. All he cares about is having the power, power to get publicity that is. He has no interest in making anything better. All he wants is exactly what you are doing, putting his name out there so it will be known. He is a bad person he has no murals, and I believe no heart. He has put so many families threw a lot of crap by putting the people he bust in the paper and making them look like they are the scum of the earth. When in fact thats all he is SCUM.. Which needs to be removed from sheriff.
to bad

United States

#2 Nov 2, 2006
seems you have sour grapes . to bad shook will win
BeachLover05

Lenoir, NC

#3 Nov 2, 2006
Well I think that Mark is bad sheiff too but I don't think that Len Hagaman will be any better then him. They both do you shitty and are dirty cops. I think that we have need to candidates to vote for.
Granted

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#4 Nov 2, 2006
After hearing testimony from 59 witnesses, the County Board made 61 findings of fact, including the following pertinent findings in its 17 December 2002 order: 55. The evidence in its totality, both direct and circumstantial, constitutes

substantial evidence of widespread buying of votes,

either for straight Republican votes or for Gary Clark in the Caldwell County Sheriff's race, in Caldwell County during the 2002 general election. From the testimony of numerous witnesses, the Board finds that it was common knowledge in all of the predominately African- American communities that anyone could get paid for voting a straight Republican ballot or by voting for Clark.
wonder

United States

#5 Nov 3, 2006
How do you know its all black people that were taking money??? Beside democrats have been doing it for years its call welfare

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Watauga County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rupert of Watauga County Apr '15 lildoggie 3
News Boone man accused of sexually assaulting teen Feb '15 sandusky jr 1
News Boone Police make cyber predator arrest (Jan '15) Feb '15 lipstick boy 2
News Mallatere pleads not guilty to charges (Jan '14) Nov '14 John 18
Magistrate (Nov '14) Nov '14 Jollymama88 1
Leave Turtle Island Alone (Jun '14) Jun '14 A FAN 2
News Will DA race be decided today -- or this summer? (May '14) May '14 nat miller sux 2
More from around the web