Immigrant raids stir action

There are 5 comments on the Ann Arbor News story from Mar 23, 2008, titled Immigrant raids stir action. In it, Ann Arbor News reports that:

Immigrant raids stir action County coalition meets to plan response to recent crackdown BY GEOFF LARCOM Her voice cracked and tears welled in her eyes as she spoke in Spanish, her children by her side. via Ann Arbor News

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Ann Arbor News.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Kathleen

Seattle, WA

#23 Feb 1, 2010
Blame the federal government. Rather than enforce our immigration laws, lawyers, politicians (same thing) and ethnocentric special interest groups manipulate, by pass, deter, and impede the enforcement of our laws. For every illegal alien working it takes away a job. I, and I'm sure, millions of other American citizens, are getting tired of the politcal culture of "exemptionism". I'm sure if it was left up to ethnocentric politicians and others of the same mindset, anyone from anywhere, arriving here regardless of how, would get a slap on the back and instant citizenship.
ANONYMOUS

Somerset, KY

#24 Feb 3, 2010
That is one big thing that is wrong with America today. To many people standing in line for freebies. Ever one with their hands stuck out for a hand out. Get a job and pull your own weight. The tax payers are tired of keeping you us and raising your childern for you. Grow up and work if you ever want the American Dream. I wonder how many of us that Mexico would take in. Ha Ha.

“Made in America”

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#25 Feb 6, 2010
She should be sent back. We must secure our borders before it is too late. Enforce immigration laws now.
ANONYMOUS

London, KY

#26 Feb 6, 2010
Blame these companys that hire them. They work them for nothing. They forgot that they may be stealing them blind. Junp the Goverment and demand that they are sent back to their own country. We have enough troubles without taking on other Countries troubles. We can't feed our own people much less Mexicans. I feel for them but who is feeling for our own people, we can't get any help if we are hard working people trying to do the right thing. Fed Up
JOJO

London, KY

#27 Mar 28, 2010
get in tough with Washington and vamp your anger. We need to send these people home, we can't take care of our own.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Washtenaw County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News U-M study shows higher rates of lupus among Afr... (Oct '13) Feb '15 Darren 8
News Man drowns in Huron River in Ypsilanti (Jun '11) Aug '14 serenity16 3
News Ann Arbor/Ypsilanti Black Chamber of Commerce t... (Jul '14) Jul '14 Kelly Lite 1
News Anti-gay assault shines light on Michigan law (Apr '14) Apr '14 Xavier Breath 56
News Dockets: 2 men accused in Paul DeWolf homicide ... (Apr '14) Apr '14 ite me 1
News Pothole claims: Most drivers don't get paid (Apr '14) Apr '14 kev 1
News Gay Michigan Woman Who Married on TV Assaulted ... (Apr '14) Apr '14 WasteWater 20
More from around the web