Immigrant raids stir action

There are 20 comments on the Mar 23, 2008, Ann Arbor News story titled Immigrant raids stir action. In it, Ann Arbor News reports that:

Immigrant raids stir action County coalition meets to plan response to recent crackdown BY GEOFF LARCOM Her voice cracked and tears welled in her eyes as she spoke in Spanish, her children by her side. via Ann Arbor News

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Ann Arbor News.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Why have Borders

AOL

#1 Mar 28, 2008
What part of Illegal doesn't anyone understand?
She Be Me

AOL

#2 Mar 28, 2008
Oh boohoo!

Go back to your own Country!!!

“God Bless America”

Since: Jul 07

RoboVille, USA

#5 Mar 28, 2008
Had to use a translator, geez.

""The only reason we are here is because of our families,'' Ludmir quoted him as saying. "I hope at some point to be able to obtain documentation and (we'll have) immigration reform.''"

Waiting for Imigration reform?
Aint happening the way you think. You actually think YOU should be legalized just because you broke our laws first?
What about the ones after you? We can't give it to all.
Selfish, ignorant man. I hope your whole family is sent back, PRONTO!
And to show I am an equal opportunist, ALL Illegals should be sent back and if they come back again, OFF WITH THEIR HEADS!
Poor Poor Me

AOL

#6 Mar 31, 2008
I am not an illegal, but, I have simalar problem. I have no job and can't seem to find one. I have a wife and children, no meical insurance and am growing more depressed by the day.
My house is in foreclosure, my daughter is striping for money, and Idon't know what to do.
I wish I could go some place myself where I could get job, pay no taxes, and get free schooling and medical service.
Any Sugestions?
(Please don't say Iraq, I know that there are lots of jobs there, but I only speak english and I would be lost)

Since: Jan 08

Alexandria, AL

#7 Mar 31, 2008
Do these people not think of the possible consequences of getting caught?
Or maybe one getting caught? At least she could get a free ride home with her kids and maybe find a different man that wouldn't subject her to a life of crime.

“News Papers Yea right!”

Since: Jun 07

The D baby Detroit

#8 Apr 1, 2008
good mybe i can find a real job

Since: Apr 07

Columbus, OH

#9 Apr 2, 2008
I wonder why the newer articles like this one never show up in the box at the right.
American

Waldorf, MD

#10 Apr 2, 2008
get rid of illegal aliens so americans can find jobs

Since: Jun 08

Grand Rapids, MI

#11 Jun 8, 2008
yes illegal immigration is a felony. good riddance. do it the right way and btw their kids of illegals should b deemed void. anchor babies r bad for the econonmy

“Maranatha !! ”

Since: May 08

United States

#12 Jun 8, 2008
Poor Poor Me wrote:
I am not an illegal, but, I have simalar problem. I have no job and can't seem to find one. I have a wife and children, no meical insurance and am growing more depressed by the day.
My house is in foreclosure, my daughter is striping for money, and Idon't know what to do.
I wish I could go some place myself where I could get job, pay no taxes, and get free schooling and medical service.
Any Sugestions?
(Please don't say Iraq, I know that there are lots of jobs there, but I only speak english and I would be lost)
Sorry but I don't buy the "I can't get a job" thing. It might not be the job you WISH you could get. And have your wife get one, too. There ya go---that's a good start. What kind of parent allows his daughter to strip for money while he and his wife sit at home unemployed? I'm sorry but your post really makes me agnry. At this moment I'm finding it awfully hard to have any compassion.

I guess you could always go stand in line for the freebies at everyone else's expense like so many others do; it's just the American way", isn't it?---you'll just stand a better chance of getting them if you claim you are from Juarez and cana't speak any English. Just play stupid like the illegals do---seems to be working well for them!
Lampets

United States

#13 Jun 10, 2008
First of all, illegal need a ss# to work, if they don't have one, they use anyone's number. that number is taking taxes out and money is still paid to the government every paycheck. Free education? you mean lack of education! Public school is for everyone, and what I really feel sad is that public school teaches the basics. I just saw the current public school score, for the various districts. Kids are at a 70% reading level, below the national averages! that is nuts!(that's why my Mexican/American Kids are in private school), Where is it that someone does not pay taxes? Except the F** Muslims, now, lets start with them. They have been here for years, and noone raids thier houses! Why? they have 10 family members, all illegal, do not pay interest rates, nor taxes. And of course the other thing they do to only girls at the age of 6 years old, female genital mutilation (FGM) and female genital cutting (FGC)it is practiced in secrecy of the **F** Muslim **F mohmand!! Sicko people!
Now, a job? I washed dishes as a kid, babysat, and picked cherries in the summer. Im American born, and proud of it. I have raised 4 kids, in private school, while my husband works merchandising, and me at medical servics. No, it is not easy, but don't tell me you can not find a job, because of a mexican. There are jobs, the illegals don't even attend public school because they pay for it in mexico. If you raised 4 kids in Mexico, you would too walk the desert to seek better lives for you and your kids. Walk in there shoes for once. It' seems, we all sell ourselves to the Arabs since everyone is going to elect a Muslim for President!

“Illegals are not immigrants...”

Mid-south, USA

#14 Jun 10, 2008
RoboTech wrote:
Had to use a translator, geez.
""The only reason we are here is because of our families,'' Ludmir quoted him as saying. "I hope at some point to be able to obtain documentation and (we'll have) immigration reform.''"
Waiting for Imigration reform?
Aint happening the way you think. You actually think YOU should be legalized just because you broke our laws first?
What about the ones after you? We can't give it to all.
Selfish, ignorant man. I hope your whole family is sent back, PRONTO!
And to show I am an equal opportunist, ALL Illegals should be sent back and if they come back again, OFF WITH THEIR HEADS!
Translated: They are here living off their anchors' free social services. Their women are having babies right along with their daughters. It's nothing unusual to see mothers and daughters pregnant at the same time.

“Illegals are not immigrants...”

Mid-south, USA

#15 Jun 10, 2008
Lampets wrote:
First of all, illegal need a ss# to work, if they don't have one, they use anyone's number. that number is taking taxes out and money is still paid to the government every paycheck. Free education? you mean lack of education! Public school is for everyone, and what I really feel sad is that public school teaches the basics. I just saw the current public school score, for the various districts. Kids are at a 70% reading level, below the national averages! that is nuts!(that's why my Mexican/American Kids are in private school), Where is it that someone does not pay taxes? Except the F** Muslims, now, lets start with them. They have been here for years, and noone raids thier houses! Why? they have 10 family members, all illegal, do not pay interest rates, nor taxes. And of course the other thing they do to only girls at the age of 6 years old, female genital mutilation (FGM) and female genital cutting (FGC)it is practiced in secrecy of the **F** Muslim **F mohmand!! Sicko people!
Now, a job? I washed dishes as a kid, babysat, and picked cherries in the summer. Im American born, and proud of it. I have raised 4 kids, in private school, while my husband works merchandising, and me at medical servics. No, it is not easy, but don't tell me you can not find a job, because of a mexican. There are jobs, the illegals don't even attend public school because they pay for it in mexico. If you raised 4 kids in Mexico, you would too walk the desert to seek better lives for you and your kids. Walk in there shoes for once. It' seems, we all sell ourselves to the Arabs since everyone is going to elect a Muslim for President!
Excuse me? I'll tell you what contributes to lack of scholastic success, apathetic parents. Teachers have to be nurses, counselors, preachers, social workers and referees before they can teach the first concept. Children are coming to school knowing less, because parents are too self-absorbed in their own lives and don't take the time to nurture and "home train" their children. Don't you dare blame schools, blame what goes on in the home, or the lack thereof. Every year, at parent conference time, most parents make no attempt to come. These no-shows don't even work. The working parents will make time to come whether it be before or after school. Then let's factor in children who speak no English in an already crowded classroom. These kids are distressed and become disruptive. They are expected to master the basic benchmarks, but have nobody at home who can help them. Their parents see no value in education, and make no attempts to learn English. You don't think kids notice what their parents are doing, and figure they can do the same? Let teachers be teachers, and leave the darn parenting to the parents. It is time for this country to force people to have personal responsibility, and stop expecting the government to do everything for them. When is the last time you visited a school?
Stirs

Ann Arbor, MI

#16 Jun 13, 2008
cudzuqueen wrote:
<quoted text>
Excuse me? I'll tell you what contributes to lack of scholastic success, apathetic parents. Teachers have to be nurses, counselors, preachers, social workers and referees before they can teach the first concept. Children are coming to school knowing less, because parents are too self-absorbed in their own lives and don't take the time to nurture and "home train" their children. Don't you dare blame schools, blame what goes on in the home, or the lack thereof. Every year, at parent conference time, most parents make no attempt to come. These no-shows don't even work. The working parents will make time to come whether it be before or after school. Then let's factor in children who speak no English in an already crowded classroom. These kids are distressed and become disruptive. They are expected to master the basic benchmarks, but have nobody at home who can help them. Their parents see no value in education, and make no attempts to learn English. You don't think kids notice what their parents are doing, and figure they can do the same? Let teachers be teachers, and leave the darn parenting to the parents. It is time for this country to force people to have personal responsibility, and stop expecting the government to do everything for them. When is the last time you visited a school?
My husband and i are involved w/school, and raising other children who lack of parenting to teach children english. I am all for education. Parents need to step up to the responsiblilty to educate their children, and start turning off the TV to educate. Why don't people to look in the face of a child from mexico at 7yrs, and see them cry, because they can't read. I will teach them all the read, write and will continue to fight for them. Not for the many ones who are here, and there parents just do not care. Teachers can only do so much with 30 kids in a classroom. In England, don't parent send there kids to boarding school? Is it better?
PSL

Boca Raton, FL

#17 Jun 13, 2008
Stirs wrote:
<quoted text>
My husband and i are involved w/school, and raising other children who lack of parenting to teach children english. I am all for education. Parents need to step up to the responsiblilty to educate their children, and start turning off the TV to educate. Why don't people to look in the face of a child from mexico at 7yrs, and see them cry, because they can't read. I will teach them all the read, write and will continue to fight for them. Not for the many ones who are here, and there parents just do not care. Teachers can only do so much with 30 kids in a classroom. In England, don't parent send there kids to boarding school? Is it better?
Mexico has schools. And jobs.
Deport this woman and her children.

Since: Nov 07

Chicago

#18 Jun 13, 2008
Oh feel sorry for me......If she wants to be with her husband she can go back to her country to see him. Maybe illegals will take note, build your life the illegal way and what happened to this family can happen to you too. Ant day can be your last.....

Since: Nov 07

Chicago

#19 Jun 13, 2008
Poor Poor Me wrote:
Any Sugestions?
Here's an idea. Go to Mexico and then cross the border into the U.S. If you are white, put a little brown dirt on your face and then blend in with the illegals. Now get a fake ID. This should take care of your problems.
ANONYMOUS

Somerset, KY

#20 Jan 28, 2010
Have you noticed all the foreigners that are swarming into the US. All that stimulus money that is floating around is drawing the lazy a--es in here. That makes me sick. They all come after all the work is done. Our forefathers fought and died for this country and they come in and reap the results. NOT FAIR
martha white

Corinth, MS

#21 Feb 1, 2010
ANONYMOUS wrote:
Have you noticed all the foreigners that are swarming into the US. All that stimulus money that is floating around is drawing the lazy a--es in here. That makes me sick. They all come after all the work is done. Our forefathers fought and died for this country and they come in and reap the results. NOT FAIR
Doing the jobs Americans would do if they were paid a fair wage...
MrG

United States

#22 Feb 1, 2010
Stirs wrote:
<quoted text>
Based on your writing skills I don't think that you should be trying to teach anyone anything.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Washtenaw County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News U-M study shows higher rates of lupus among Afr... (Oct '13) Feb '15 Darren 8
News Man drowns in Huron River in Ypsilanti (Jun '11) Aug '14 serenity16 3
News Ann Arbor/Ypsilanti Black Chamber of Commerce t... (Jul '14) Jul '14 Kelly Lite 1
News Anti-gay assault shines light on Michigan law (Apr '14) Apr '14 Xavier Breath 56
News Dockets: 2 men accused in Paul DeWolf homicide ... (Apr '14) Apr '14 ite me 1
News Pothole claims: Most drivers don't get paid (Apr '14) Apr '14 kev 1
News Gay Michigan Woman Who Married on TV Assaulted ... (Apr '14) Apr '14 WasteWater 20
More from around the web