Ypsilanti Twp. cracks down on prostit...

Ypsilanti Twp. cracks down on prostitution Businesses, residents fed up with vice

There are 10 comments on the Ann Arbor News story from Oct 11, 2008, titled Ypsilanti Twp. cracks down on prostitution Businesses, residents fed up with vice. In it, Ann Arbor News reports that:

Along East Michigan Avenue in Ypsilanti Township, business owners say prostitutes are part of the landscape.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Ann Arbor News.

IseeU

Ypsilanti, MI

#1 Oct 12, 2008
It's about time the Twp. is making this a priority. I have noticed that there seems to be fewer prostitutes than there were 2 years ago but I'd say about the same as 1 year ago. I do think the Twp. is going at it from the wrong end though. Get rid of the hookers and you still have the drug dealers. However, get rid of he drug dealers & you will get rid of the hookers...and save a few lives because of it.
I am glad tat they are at least doing SOMETHING though.

“Authority Skeptic”

Since: Feb 09

Michigan

#2 May 8, 2009
Looks like they cleaned all the hookers up on Michigan ave. Summer is just starting we will see?
Nader 2012

Brighton, MI

#3 May 13, 2009
I came out of Sensations Hair salon a few weeks ago, and some lady that I'm SURE was a hooker asked me to give her a ride to the Wagon Wheel Trailer Park. I, of course, said hell no.
IseeU

Chandler, AZ

#4 May 14, 2009
Where is the Wagon Wheel trailer park? I never heard of it
anonymous

Manchester, KY

#6 Oct 26, 2009
Is the chickinn still open in Ypsi?
anonymous

Manchester, KY

#7 Oct 26, 2009
Wagon Wheel trailer park is off Motts Rt. On the Washtenaw and Wayn Co line East
Anonymous

New Baltimore, MI

#8 Feb 19, 2014
IseeU wrote:
It's about time the Twp. is making this a priority. I have noticed that there seems to be fewer prostitutes than there were 2 years ago but I'd say about the same as 1 year ago. I do think the Twp. is going at it from the wrong end though. Get rid of the hookers and you still have the drug dealers. However, get rid of he drug dealers & you will get rid of the hookers...and save a few lives because of it.
I am glad tat they are at least doing SOMETHING though.
So basically what you're saying is that you're an enemy of freedom.

Sorry to have to tell you this; it's not your business what people do with their own body; the fact you think you should have a say in it; is out right stupid.

90% of the population fills in the blanks with god; with no real evidence. That's the same thing you're doing with your moral opinions; which is what they are; nothing but opinions.
Anonymous

New Baltimore, MI

#9 Feb 19, 2014
I purpose a quesiton; if every generation has to fight for its own freedoms; is this generations fight; a fight to free their own bodies and freedom of choice what to put in your own body?

Anyone who is a prostitute or does drugs; is the new Rosa Parks; those folks refuse to sit in the back of the bus; I commend you.
Brian Adam

Walled Lake, MI

#10 Feb 27, 2014
I agree with the last two posters. People who cannot argue within the current context will cite Goc, the moral giants and push the framework back that much farther.
sovereign 1

Ypsilanti, MI

#11 Mar 2, 2014
i don't agree with a woman prostituting her body but being a sovereign and for individual rights i believe that a woman has the right to do whatever she chooses with her body,and no law has the right to tell her she can't do something with her body,if you don't like what she is doing you don't have to indulge, if she is working infront of a business then that business has the right to tell her to move on,i believe anyone has the right to do whatever they choose as long as they don't hurt anyone or tread on anyone elses rights i believe that individual rights are rights that must be upheld.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Washtenaw County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Voting in Ann Arbor in full swing as people rea... Nov '16 MAGA2016 1
Washtenaw County Criminal Mugshots and Arrests ... Oct '16 William 2
News Family of swans run over in Scio Township Aug '16 TB Tecumseh 2
News 7 on 7: Detroit's Most Wanted: Castillia Cotten (May '16) May '16 Pop the Weasel 2
News U-M study shows higher rates of lupus among Afr... (Oct '13) Feb '15 Darren 8
News Man drowns in Huron River in Ypsilanti (Jun '11) Aug '14 serenity16 3
News Ann Arbor/Ypsilanti Black Chamber of Commerce t... (Jul '14) Jul '14 Kelly Lite 1
More from around the web