Suspended attorney ordered to stand t...

Suspended attorney ordered to stand trial in lethal overdose

There are 94 comments on the Latest from the Ann Arbor News - MLive.com story from Oct 19, 2007, titled Suspended attorney ordered to stand trial in lethal overdose. In it, Latest from the Ann Arbor News - MLive.com reports that:

“He was getting it into her blood so she would do things he wanted her to do. He's responsible.”

Attorneys for Ronald Plunkett admitted in court Thursday that the suspended Ann Arbor lawyer provided the money and transportation to feed his girlfriend's and his own severe crack cocaine and heroin habits. via Latest from the Ann Arbor News - MLiv...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Latest from the Ann Arbor News - MLive.com.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
He deserves it

Freeland, MI

#1 Oct 21, 2007
He has no admitted to his clients that he was in error when he abandoned them which is required under drug rehab,
barbara thrall

United States

#2 Oct 25, 2007
i have heard there is a lawsuit against ron plunkett for malpractice and i would like to find out more . he represented me and was remiss in many areas . i have no doubt that he commited malpractice which contributed to my conviction .
mdev

AOL

#3 Oct 25, 2007
tracy got 1 1/2 years to 15 years for her role in this case, i can only hope mr. plunkett gets nothing less>
Barbara Thrall

Freeland, MI

#4 Oct 28, 2007
There is a malpractice lawsuit against Plunkett. I assume you are out now. Can you perhaps give us some of the detail? Is there an email addy you may be reached at so we can do this off line? We would be interested in knowing the time of the trial this occurred and the detail of what he did wrong.
barbara thrall wrote:
i have heard there is a lawsuit against ron plunkett for malpractice and i would like to find out more . he represented me and was remiss in many areas . i have no doubt that he commited malpractice which contributed to my conviction .
maybe he will pay finally

Freeland, MI

#5 Oct 28, 2007
His abandonment of his cases and malfeasant actions as an attorney will never come out in court. I wonder if the 3/4 house he is in, is aware of his prior actions with clients he failed to represent properly
mdev wrote:
tracy got 1 1/2 years to 15 years for her role in this case, i can only hope mr. plunkett gets nothing less>
brandy69695

Little Rock, AR

#6 Nov 15, 2007
ron is a wonderful person. he got caught up because of his feelings for tracey. everybody makes mistakes, some are worse than others! i feel he has suffered enough . his livelyhood is ruined. he would help & care for anybody in need if it was possible.
mdev

AOL

#7 Nov 16, 2007
getting caught up because of feelings for tracy is the funniest thing i've heard. Mr. plunkett was caught up way before tracy, he just happened to get caught because of this unfortunate overdose. believe me, Mr. plunkett was doing the same thing way before tracy!!
run75441

Freeland, MI

#8 Nov 19, 2007
brandy:

Ron is not a nice person. This is little more than an act on his part to escape the consequences of what he did. If you only knew what type of havoc he intently created for some of his clients.

One of the prerequisites of drug rehab, and before an offender is deemed "ok" (they are never cured), is that he attempt to make some type of amends to those he hurt, namely the clients he abandoned. I would be interested in knowing how he would accomplish this.
run75441

Freeland, MI

#9 Nov 19, 2007
mdev wrote:
getting caught up because of feelings for tracy is the funniest thing i've heard. Mr. plunkett was caught up way before tracy, he just happened to get caught because of this unfortunate overdose. believe me, Mr. plunkett was doing the same thing way before tracy!!
mdev:

If at all possible and if you have the courage, I would love to talk to you. Your information could help us quite a bit.
mdev

AOL

#10 Nov 19, 2007
run75441 wrote:
<quoted text>
mdev:
If at all possible and if you have the courage, I would love to talk to you. Your information could help us quite a bit.
when you say "your information could help us quite a bit." , who is "us" ?
run75441

Freeland, MI

#11 Nov 19, 2007
mdev:

I am not with the state or the prosecution.

I am a private citizen who has suffered quite a bit from Ron's malfeasance and malpractice. I would be happy to sit with you in a public place of your choosing and you can bring whoever you care to bring with you. Or you could write me at hotmail (same run75441), if you like, and we can discuss this away from here.

I would not care to divulge a whole lot here. I also believe you can read a lot into what I am talking about from reading my other responses about. Read the Barbara post above and my other post. It is pretty obvious. The Grievance Commission will not take his license and they are pretty weak in Michigan. I would really like to talk to or email you.

Whatever it takes to talk to you, I (wife and I) would like to talk to you.
run75441

Freeland, MI

#12 Nov 21, 2007
mdev wrote:
<quoted text>
when you say "your information could help us quite a bit." , who is "us" ?
mdev:

Look, this man took $thousands from us and abandoned a relation in court without ever talking to our star witness and claimed he was ready to go to trial (which he was not). He had an "exparte" conversation with the judge and prosecutor and lied to both and the court. A person was jailed because of his comments to the judge in chambers. If you have information as to his habits, it would be useful for us in our lawsuit and helping prove my relation innocent.

If you care to see justice with him, then help us and we will work together for justice with him.

Thank you.
mdev

AOL

#13 Nov 22, 2007
sir, i changed my life style two years ago and after i changed my life style, i could not tell you what mr. plunkett was doing. My main focal point is getting justice done in this case that goes to pre trail nov 26, i have a dear friend that was so called "girlfriend" of mr. plunkett that is doing 1 1/2 years to 15 years because one of her friends overdosed. All i am really concerned is that his consequences are the same as hers, if not worst. i am truely sorry that you and your wife have an issue with mr. plunkett but i dont think my testimony that he was doing drugs 2 years ago and before is going to change anything today.
run75441

Freeland, MI

#14 Nov 22, 2007
mdev wrote:
sir, i changed my life style two years ago and after i changed my life style, i could not tell you what mr. plunkett was doing. My main focal point is getting justice done in this case that goes to pre trail nov 26, i have a dear friend that was so called "girlfriend" of mr. plunkett that is doing 1 1/2 years to 15 years because one of her friends overdosed. All i am really concerned is that his consequences are the same as hers, if not worst. i am truely sorry that you and your wife have an issue with mr. plunkett but i dont think my testimony that he was doing drugs 2 years ago and before is going to change anything today.
Is there anyone else that may have known of his drug abuse before that time period?

For somehing he did not do, a young man went to prison (12 to 30 years in large part caused by this man's malfeasance, lies to the court and his client (this young man), and his failure to prepare for trial. Anything that could be added to our appeal in federal court would be of help. It is not me you are helping ... it is a young man in his mid-twenties and slightly older than your friend who you may be able to help.

Is there anyone who may know of his drug habit around 2003? I will be at that pre-trial hearing. If you are there and you have the courage, I would like to talk to you.
run75441

Freeland, MI

#15 Nov 22, 2007
mdev wrote:
sir, i changed my life style two years ago and after i changed my life style, i could not tell you what mr. plunkett was doing. My main focal point is getting justice done in this case that goes to pre trail nov 26, i have a dear friend that was so called "girlfriend" of mr. plunkett that is doing 1 1/2 years to 15 years because one of her friends overdosed. All i am really concerned is that his consequences are the same as hers, if not worst. i am truely sorry that you and your wife have an issue with mr. plunkett but i dont think my testimony that he was doing drugs 2 years ago and before is going to change anything today.
mdev:

In case, you are wondering. In the state of Michigan, you can not license a car without having insurance. You can however practice law.

This is not about the money as there is none to be had. It is about making sure this does not happen to someone else. It is also about freeing a young man in his mid-twenties who was falsely imprisoned. That Ron was using drugs before 2005 (2 years earlier than now) would be helpful to us.
mdev

AOL

#16 Nov 23, 2007
sir, i deeply apologize that this young man is doing such long term time. As too before 2005, i did even know ron. wish i could have been more helpful but good luck.
mdev

AOL

#17 Nov 23, 2007
Also, if you google ronald plukett, his liscense to practace law has been suspended due to a previous court apperence where he pleaded guilty for a misdeminor drug pocession.
mdev

Freeland, MI

#18 Nov 23, 2007
I appreciate your honesty. You owe me no apology. The case is good and a series of attorneys have taken up the case in defense. If you are able to help in the future with information, you know where I am as far as email.

Thank you.
mdev

Freeland, MI

#19 Nov 23, 2007
mdev wrote:
Also, if you google ronald plukett, his liscense to practace law has been suspended due to a previous court apperence where he pleaded guilty for a misdeminor drug pocession.
mdev:

The Michigan Grievance Commission is weak at best and is little more than a facade. Ron's licene is suspended 18 months(?) or the maximum. They will reinstate him if he beats this. I have dealt with them before.

In New Jersey and other states, he would have been disbarred. I am not the only one to have complained of him and in our files are old complaint letters used as scrap paper to write notes on by Ron. The Grievanace Commission did not handle prior complaints about ron.

See above note to you.
mdev

AOL

#20 Nov 26, 2007
anyone know what happened at rons pretrail on nov 26??

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Washtenaw County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Family of swans run over in Scio Township Aug 11 TB Tecumseh 2
News 7 on 7: Detroit's Most Wanted: Castillia Cotten May '16 Pop the Weasel 2
News U-M study shows higher rates of lupus among Afr... (Oct '13) Feb '15 Darren 8
News Man drowns in Huron River in Ypsilanti (Jun '11) Aug '14 serenity16 3
News Ann Arbor/Ypsilanti Black Chamber of Commerce t... (Jul '14) Jul '14 Kelly Lite 1
News Anti-gay assault shines light on Michigan law (Apr '14) Apr '14 Xavier Breath 56
News Dockets: 2 men accused in Paul DeWolf homicide ... (Apr '14) Apr '14 ite me 1
More from around the web