Nevada 'scrappers' hit new low of ste...

Nevada 'scrappers' hit new low of stealing metal from Washoe County cemetery

There are 3 comments on the Reno Gazette-Journal story from Sep 2, 2011, titled Nevada 'scrappers' hit new low of stealing metal from Washoe County cemetery. In it, Reno Gazette-Journal reports that:

Brett Taylor Allen, 35, was arrested by Reno police in connection with stealing more than 150 bronze vases from Our Mother of Sorrow Cemetery and selling them to a local metal recycling center.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Reno Gazette-Journal.

Jeff with a J

Reno, NV

#1 Sep 3, 2011
Many of our fellow citizens are sinking to new lows, there are much easier and legal ways to get money, like find a job, stand on the corner and hold your hand out for a day labor thing. If you legal then you can go to the day labor drop in center on Galletti and get some honest money.

Hope this guy along with the rest are prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

Nice smirk on this guys face too. Like "nothing is going to happen to me" look.
stuart with a d

United States

#2 Sep 3, 2011
So sad, the story reads that he is "ashamed" about what he had done. The mugshot looks like someone is pleased with himself. its hard to believe what some lowlifes would do for a quick buck. This is almost as bad as that tv show that showed people stealing from donation drop offs. Not quite as bad, but its still up there. I hope this guy gets a ton of community service to pay for the damages, and hopefully he has to do it at the cemetary because then he would have to face them each day, and the groundskeepers might be upset enough to make this guy actually fulfill his entire required time.
resident

Covina, CA

#3 Sep 3, 2011
Jeff with a J wrote:
Many of our fellow citizens are sinking to new lows, there are much easier and legal ways to get money, like find a job, stand on the corner and hold your hand out for a day labor thing. If you legal then you can go to the day labor drop in center on Galletti and get some honest money.
Hope this guy along with the rest are prosecuted to the full extent of the law.
Nice smirk on this guys face too. Like "nothing is going to happen to me" look.
Hi Jeff, last week here in So. Ca. idiots like this, broke into a edison substation stole the copper wire and people in the area lost power, I guess this is the new low for thieves, yes I do understand jobs are really hard to find, if they put have the energy they put into planning and stealing, they can take that energy and put it into some type of legal work, they sure are creative when it comes to stealing I am sure they can take that creativity and find work.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Washoe County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jeff Ardnt a sex predator on Harvard way (Jan '17) Jan '17 to pinky 2
Who should be President? (Nov '16) Nov '16 Make American Gr... 2
Washoe County Arrest Mugshots and Criminal Re... (Sep '16) Sep '16 Victoria 2
See Something, Say Something to Law Enforcement (Feb '16) Feb '16 Mary 1
News March is Clinton's month, former Obama aide says (Feb '16) Feb '16 annieoly 1
News Which candidates do Nevadans 'like' most on Fac... (Feb '16) Feb '16 JANICE 1
News Free Flu Vaccines at Boys & Girls Club in Reno ... (Jan '16) Jan '16 ADVERSE EFFECTS 2