Judge Rules Against Forcing Mentally Disabled Woman’s Abortion

Nov 14, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Free Republic

Nevada District Court Judge Egan Walker has agreed that a pregnant 32-year-old mentally disabled woman will not be forced to have an abortion against her will.

Comments
1 - 2 of 2 Comments Last updated Nov 15, 2012

“Proud to be a Wiccan Priest”

Since: Jul 09

Jonesboro AR

#1 Nov 15, 2012
Judge Rules Against Abortion for Mentally-Disabled Woman

Posted: Nov 14, 2012 4:47 PM CST Updated: Nov 14, 2012 4:47 PM CST

A Washoe County district court judge took the possibility of forcing an abortion off the table when it comes to the pregnancy of a 32-year-old mentally-disabled woman.

The woman's parents have said they want her to carry the baby to term and were worried she could have been forced to have an abortion.

Along with taking that option off the table, Judge Egan Walker plans to hold a medical evidentiary hearing to decide the safest route going forward.

The courts came in in late September when officials with Social Services voiced concerns about the effects her medication could have on the unborn baby."

It was procedural hearing.. Neither the parents or the young woman wanted the abortion.. What is now going to be determined is what will be the best way to handle this.

It might still come down to an abortion if there really is not a clear way forward.

Personally I hope not. But it reads as though the her the woman rights are being preserved under Roe V Wade.

Yeah IO know you would like to believe the judge based his ruling on some sort of bible belief. He didn't just following good case law and following procedures in a case such as this one.

“Proud to be a Wiccan Priest”

Since: Jul 09

Jonesboro AR

#2 Nov 15, 2012

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Washoe County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Reno man accused of decapitating dogs at motel Aug 31 RICKY RAT 3
Man Arrested on Child Lewdness Charge Jun '14 Wayne 1
Satanic Inmate Sues Reno Jail For Religious Mea... May '14 General McLethargy 4
brent adams Mar '14 madeleine 1
On Your Side: Alleged mistreatment at Sparks sc... (Feb '14) Feb '14 Half a Bubble Off 1
2 Nevada Supreme Court Justices Face No Opposition (Jan '14) Jan '14 Amercian Victims 2
Happy Neuter Year (Jan '14) Jan '14 Kath 2
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Washoe County People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••