Christmas Magic for Senior Citizens o...

Christmas Magic for Senior Citizens of Northern Nevada

There are 1 comment on the KTVN Reno story from Dec 15, 2013, titled Christmas Magic for Senior Citizens of Northern Nevada. In it, KTVN Reno reports that:

"Be a Santa to a Senior" provides Christmas gifts to thousands of elderly in our community who are either alone or financially challenged.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KTVN Reno.

“Just Sayin'”

Since: Nov 13

Location hidden

#1 Dec 15, 2013
I am so Hope~filled since Friday. To see that Reno has been listening, 57,000 lbs of food collected and 180,000 cash donations, just in Reno. Carson and Minden took in some mazing amounts as well and Now This. NICE, I am proud of the changes I am slowly seeing in people these days to step up and once again CARE about their neighbors and even willing to share the tiny bit they have for the Good of the ALL. Thank you Reno for making sure our Seniors will have Christmas too. Brings tears of pure joy to me in this moment. Today, I am proud to say I live in one of the many little twixt spots of the Biggest Little City. I have just been really amazed and to be honest that is hard to do to me much anymore. But I tell you I have been witnessing tiny miracles here, little miracles there, folks like me that really don't want to reach out because they have been burned so many times. ARE REACHING out. Like the old days of bartering....they are shuffling the tiny bits of resources around to the folks truly needing them. This is just one more little miracle here in Reno. And did any of y'all see all those elves out there in the freezing cold and happy to be there helping. THAT IS COMMUNITY. a communication of Unity. Come together for a purpose. Wonderful work ALL Y'All !!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Washoe County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
See Something, Say Something to Law Enforcement Feb '16 Mary 1
News March is Clinton's month, former Obama aide says Feb '16 annieoly 1
News Which candidates do Nevadans 'like' most on Fac... Feb '16 JANICE 1
News Free Flu Vaccines at Boys & Girls Club in Reno ... Jan '16 ADVERSE EFFECTS 2
News Reno youth detention center drops chaplain over... (Dec '15) Dec '15 Dr Jung Jung 3
News Reno Youth Detention Center Drops Chaplain Over... (Dec '15) Dec '15 Wondering 3
News Satanic Inmate Sues Reno Jail For Religious Mea... (May '14) Dec '15 Jackie 6
More from around the web