Md. delegate's son killed by tractor ...

Md. delegate's son killed by tractor trailer

There are 16 comments on the Public Opinion story from Apr 10, 2009, titled Md. delegate's son killed by tractor trailer. In it, Public Opinion reports that:

WASHINGTON COUNTY, MD., Friday, April 10, 2009 -- The son of a Md. state delegate was pronounced dead Thursday, following a motorcycle accident with a tractor trailer.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Public Opinion.

seenalot

New Paris, OH

#1 Apr 10, 2009
Like any other fatal wreck, it is a disaster for everyone involved. Both drivers. Family. Anyone that was there. Our thoughts are with all involved. My thoughts are the area should have restrictions for the entry and exit of the heavy, slow trucks . The light should be the only "exit." The "entrance only" should be at the north end where most vehicles try to gain access to the pike. These 80,000 ld vehicles have no acceleration and most of us get really mad when the drivers try to pull out of the lot. We are in too much of a hurry and do not pay attention enough. Bang, it happens and it is a tragic end to a young life.
MrRight

Chambersburg, PA

#2 Apr 10, 2009
Thats a shame, The motor cycle riders need to obey speed limits, Its hard to see them, let alone notice them coming up on you at a high rate of speed.
Joe Shafer

Carlisle, PA

#3 Apr 10, 2009
Why do newspapers insist on slanting the news? The headlines and 4 out of 5 paragraphs lead you to believe it is the truck drivers fault. Apparently the kid was doing 150mph on a crotch rocket!
Joe Shafer

Carlisle, PA

#4 Apr 10, 2009
Terrible reporting. No wander newspapers are losing subscribers.

“Not fallen”

Since: May 08

WalMartBoro, PA

#5 Apr 10, 2009
seenalot wrote:
Like any other fatal wreck, it is a disaster for everyone involved. Both drivers. Family. Anyone that was there. Our thoughts are with all involved. My thoughts are the area should have restrictions for the entry and exit of the heavy, slow trucks . The light should be the only "exit." The "entrance only" should be at the north end where most vehicles try to gain access to the pike. These 80,000 ld vehicles have no acceleration and most of us get really mad when the drivers try to pull out of the lot. We are in too much of a hurry and do not pay attention enough. Bang, it happens and it is a tragic end to a young life.
A very sobering post and I agree with you on the issue of the human devastation. I know nothing about that area, but I hope all opinions that are submitted in that light are considered. There's always the inexplicable, but if any improvement can be made as a result of this and other tragedies, it's a good thing.
TGS

Camden, NJ

#6 Apr 10, 2009
Speeding and abandoned the bike, why did he do this and if he was speeding like all the rest of these fast guys on their bikes and think they can out run anything end up dead one way or another! Slow down and maybe things like this would not happen! Sympathy in certain situations is hard to express when people ask for what they get in return!
Chuck B

Wilmington, DE

#9 Apr 10, 2009
Understandably it is sad that the young man died. Yet to blame that trucker for killing him is outrageous.
Just because he is the son of a delegate does not take away from the fact that he WAS speeding to a point where the length of a football field could not help.

Where is the compassion for the driver that has to suffer through the trauma of knowing that he was part of that.

Now what more regulations for trucker or maybe a speeder sensor to tell trucker when people are coming towards them at excessive speeds.
Chuck B

Wilmington, DE

#10 Apr 10, 2009
Md. delegate's son killed by speeding NOT tractor trailer get it right.
Shame on you Public Opinion for bias reporting. I will no long purchase your paper.
I use to trust that you would be unbiased yet go figure a public official sugar coating in place once again.

This paper should be embarrassed

Since: Feb 09

Boiling Springs, PA

#11 Apr 10, 2009
The point is a young life was lost and both families have to deal with this. What a terrible thing to live with.

Since: Apr 09

Lancaster, PA

#12 Apr 11, 2009
Why does the headline and 4 out of 5 paragraphs lead you to believe it is the truck driver's fault? Aparently the guy was going at least 120mph on a crotch rocket. Tragic it is, but the truck driver's fault? Probably not. Terribly misleading and very poor journalisum. No wander fewer people are reading newspapers!
sosh

Hagerstown, MD

#13 Apr 11, 2009
i drive by the area everyday for work and have not YET had a trucker pull out in front of me! i do not believe the trucker should be charged for this. and i think it was totally ryans fault for speeding!
taxpayer

Newville, PA

#14 Apr 12, 2009
yep just like everyother crash it is always a truck-drivers fault. Well not always,this time police even stated the motorcycle was speeding.,so not the truck-driver fault.
liz

Philadelphia, PA

#15 Apr 14, 2009
I think you should all be ashamed for pointing fingers and being so cruel in such a sad time. If this was your family you would not want to hear people trash talking your dead son. It makes me sick to think that people like you can be so insensitive. You all should decide whats more important the fact that a young life was lost or whose fault it was!
sosh

Hagerstown, MD

#16 Apr 15, 2009
well liz what about the truck driver that may get charged for something that prolly isnt his fault!
liz

Park Ridge, IL

#17 Apr 15, 2009
Anyway sosh you should probably know what your talking about when the news said there would not be any charges pressed against the driver of the truck. You can look for your self ( http://your4state.com/content/fulltext/... ).
sosh

Hagerstown, MD

#18 Apr 15, 2009
"Investigators are not saying who was at fault in the crash. Washington County's State's Attorney was at the scene Thursday evening, but says there wouldn't be charges filed against the driver that night.
Troopers say their investigation is on-going."

according to that statement that i just copied and pasted off the link you posted. the investigation is still on-going so the truck driver could POSSIBLY still get charged!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Washington County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CVS Background Check (Nov '16) Nov '16 Cory 2
News Washington County trick-or-treat times (Oct '09) Oct '16 Teri 6
News Hagerstown man charged in armed robbery of pizz... (Apr '15) Apr '15 I Love Pizza 1
News Snow Emergency Plan In Effect In Washington County (Feb '15) Feb '15 Nate 1
martz (Aug '14) Aug '14 vincent martz posted 1
test (Mar '14) Mar '14 mlop 1
News Ex-Councilwoman Indicted On Theft, Perjury Charges (Sep '13) Sep '13 GingerOne 1
More from around the web