Utility rethinks bulbs surcharge

Full story: Baltimore Sun
Responding to customer outrage, a Western Maryland utility promised yesterday that it would refund a surcharge that was levied on 220,000 customers to pay for energy-efficient light bulbs mailed to them as part ... Full Story
Judie Thelen

Cumberland, MD

#1 Jan 17, 2008
Today’s headlines tell the story. The customers won. We will not be charged for the bulbs. Shareholders will absorb the cost!!!! Opps, that’s me!

Typical

Baltimore, MD

#2 Jan 17, 2008
The problem is that the PSC is dictating to electrical suppliers that they need to come up with a way to make their consumers use less of their product. How they can get away with that is beyond me. This is just Alleghaney's ham-handed attempt at appeasing the PSC.

Don't worry, Alleghany will come up with something else and customers will ultimately foot the bill.....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Washington County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
martz Aug '14 vincent martz posted 1
test (Mar '14) Mar '14 mlop 1
Ex-Councilwoman Indicted On Theft, Perjury Charges (Sep '13) Sep '13 GingerOne 1
Hagerstown Good Humor-Breyers plant could close (Feb '09) Aug '13 Damon 1,161
Police to pursue drug dealers' landlords (Jun '13) Jun '13 Mr T 3
Antietam field trip cancelled by school board (May '13) May '13 GenPatton 2
Washington County trick-or-treat times (Oct '09) Oct '12 North but South 5

Washington County People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE