Teacher pay set by the results

Teacher pay set by the results

There are 2 comments on the Baltimore Sun story from Jul 6, 2008, titled Teacher pay set by the results. In it, Baltimore Sun reports that:

From rural Washington County to suburban Prince George's County , school systems around the state are beginning to wade into a promising but controversial topic in education: pay for performance.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Baltimore Sun.

Dr Spock

Washington, DC

#1 Jul 7, 2008
Advanced-placement calculus teachers? Yes, indeed, they are the answer to turning public education around! We have been suffering all these years because our failing students could not take advanced-placement calculus! By all means, staffing these teachers at every school will magically turn non-readers into Rhodes scholars. The sad fact is that professionals and public are still expecting to find the magic bullet. We know what is necessary to improve schools and student achievement. Anyone who thinks bonuses paid to a few teachers or filling vacancies in high profile shortages is the solution is absolutely nuts. No one wants to accept the truth and do what is required. A simple web search will identify the research documented answers to accomplish better schools and better educated students.
Libby

Snow Hill, MD

#2 Jul 8, 2008
How would that work for those that don not teach test subject areas? Such as Foods, Physcial Education, Sports Medicine, Nutrition, and so on?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Washington County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Speed Limit Revving Up To 70 Mph On Much Of I-70 Apr '16 Suzy Jane 1
News Hagerstown man charged in armed robbery of pizz... (Apr '15) Apr '15 I Love Pizza 1
News Snow Emergency Plan In Effect In Washington County (Feb '15) Feb '15 Nate 1
martz (Aug '14) Aug '14 vincent martz posted 1
test (Mar '14) Mar '14 mlop 1
News Ex-Councilwoman Indicted On Theft, Perjury Charges (Sep '13) Sep '13 GingerOne 1
News Hagerstown Good Humor-Breyers plant could close (Feb '09) Aug '13 Damon 1,161
More from around the web