Girl, 3, bitten by copperhead in stat...

Girl, 3, bitten by copperhead in state park

There are 4 comments on the Baltimore Sun story from Sep 2, 2008, titled Girl, 3, bitten by copperhead in state park. In it, Baltimore Sun reports that:

A Maryland Park Service spokesman says a 3-year-old girl was bitten on the hand by a poisonous snake while camping with her family at Greenbrier State Park in Washington County.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Baltimore Sun.

Suthern MD Joe

AOL

#1 Sep 2, 2008
This is not good.Never leave a child alone up there.....
mary e griffin

Denton, MD

#2 Sep 2, 2008
Did they get the snake and is the park safe?

Wnere the snake come from and is the naturally habited in that area?
Christopher

Grand Rapids, MI

#3 Sep 2, 2008
I feel sorry for this little girl... she is probably going to be TERRIFIED of going out into the outdoors after this.

Oh yeah, and they still say water moccasins are not in Maryland..... but I got bit by one and brought the body to the hospital.
Eric Carter

Hanover, MD

#4 Sep 2, 2008
Mary, I don't know whether they got the snake or not, but copperheads are indiginous to maryland and while they aren't very common here, they certainly are about and they are a "natural" resident.

You'll mostly find them in woodlands and in rocky terrain, sometimes near streams. This girl was very unlucky to encounter one, but you should always keep a close eye on children in parks, especially around woods, water or rocky areas - and not just for the occasional snake, of course.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Washington County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CVS Background Check (Nov '16) Nov '16 Cory 2
News Washington County trick-or-treat times (Oct '09) Oct '16 Teri 6
News Hagerstown man charged in armed robbery of pizz... (Apr '15) Apr '15 I Love Pizza 1
News Snow Emergency Plan In Effect In Washington County (Feb '15) Feb '15 Nate 1
martz (Aug '14) Aug '14 vincent martz posted 1
test (Mar '14) Mar '14 mlop 1
News Ex-Councilwoman Indicted On Theft, Perjury Charges (Sep '13) Sep '13 GingerOne 1
More from around the web