State Lawmaker Seeks To Ban Vulgar Vehicle Decorations

Feb 21, 2007 Read more: WUSA Washington, DC 17
A state delegate is seeking to ban fake bull testicles and other vulgar decorations from motor vehicles. Read more
oddball

Old Fields, WV

#1 Feb 21, 2007
Ha hahahahahaha what a joke!! As if kids nowadays don't see what's going on,PLEASE!! It seems to me that we live in too much much of a PC country!!!F&@K the PC!!!If you don't want to watch,hear,read,smell then that's your right.Don't infringe on mine!!
Dennis

Ashburn, VA

#2 Feb 21, 2007
How about the Virginia state seal on its flag etc., etc.. It has a lady with one breast exposed and is everywhere, including state stationary. Maybe government owned cameras in our bedrooms would make sure we do not practice anything we shouldn't and keep us safe and sound.
Killer of Giants

Jacksonville, NC

#3 Feb 22, 2007
Good for him. He's dead on with his proposal.
1badf350

Falls Church, VA

#4 Feb 22, 2007
Stupid, stupid proposal. If the Democrats don't like something they always want to ban it. We are becoming less and less a free society every day. It's always "...for the children".
Rlex

Norcross, GA

#5 Feb 22, 2007
With a war going on and several other main issues that continually plague our various societies, you would think our government appointed officials could find something else to spend the taxpayers money on.
Baumbach

Tahlequah, OK

#6 Feb 22, 2007
"Stupid, stupid proposal. If the Democrats don't like something they always want to ban it."

Hmm..it says right there that he's a Republican from Washington County.

Since: Feb 07

Falls Church, VA

#7 Feb 22, 2007
Baumbach wrote:
"Stupid, stupid proposal. If the Democrats don't like something they always want to ban it."
Hmm..it says right there that he's a Republican from Washington County.
I'm conditioned to equate the word ban with Democrat. That being said, I need some help removing my foot from my mouth.
Either way he's still an idiot.
Bailey

Washington, DC

#8 Feb 22, 2007
Just where should the line be drawn and whose sense of "vulgar" should be the standard? Sociatal and personal disapproval of the individual vulgarities of some people is certainly acceptable; making bad taste a crime or misdemeaner is going too far.
Georgia

Manassas, VA

#9 Feb 24, 2007
Is this all Mr Myers has time to do? He needs to worry about the drunk drivers on the road! What is he going to do about that? Instead he worries about something parents can handle. Yes it is sick and disturbing, but to come up with something like this. He should also make it a law not to sell stuff like that in stores, children see it there too. Then make it a law not to have it in homes with children...we could go on forever. Grow up sir, get involved with other issues in Maryland!
Doctor Bones McCoy

Prince Frederick, MD

#10 Feb 25, 2007
Has this guy nothing better to do than waste the lawmakers time trying to ban these things. What is wrong with a pair of fake testicles on someone's trailer hitch? It is not offensive to me or anyone else I know. I got a good laugh from it the first time I saw them. I feel this is freeom of expression. If this loser idiot can't handle seeing them, then he should just pass the darn vehicle that has them. It's not like every vehicle in the world has testicles, COME ON!! This dude must be a unsexed individual, if he was not he would more than likely be offended be himself posing nude in the mirror trying to look like more of a man than he could ever hope to be.
Doctor Bones McCoy

Prince Frederick, MD

#11 Feb 25, 2007
These are not "sick or offensive". you are just a darn idiot with no sense of humor.
Hedo

Manassas, VA

#12 Feb 26, 2007
When traveling abroad to a small resort in a 3rd world country where people walk the beach Naked and have sex with their significant other in a hot tub filled with other people doing the same thing, I can only wonder what is it that makes this great country so wonderful and proud? The ability to censor someones right to decorate a vehicle the way they see fit? Maybe with all the Bulls Balls or hey maybe a set of Brass Balls instead of acting stupid if your child asks what are those the parent might reply that the person in the other vehicle assist the animals with having babies? I mean even today some girls think they can get pregnant sitting on a toilet seat. Dont take away the right to express your disappointment by hanging some balls, what next OMG you dont like the color Red!!!! oh thats right Candy Apple Red means that the car goes fast and might kill someone so thats why there are no Red Cars johnny, the government is helping us save lives, see people used to speed and run red lights and we dont have to do that anymore since we dont have red cars. Getting off my rant, maybe I should have gone back to bed, 30 minutes till I can go home from work ;)
Jana

New York, NY

#13 Feb 26, 2007
I think it's funny they said people won't be able to put Venus de Milo on their cars. What a bummer, because SO MANY people drive around town with a Venus de Milo on the cars.......NOT!
JAMES R HOUGHTON

Albuquerque, NM

#14 Mar 16, 2007
Washington County Republican LeRoy Myers should keep his focus on THE STATE OF OUR COUTRY as to SECURITY - SOCIAL SECURITY - MEDICARE - GENERAL HEALTH CARE and other aspects related to our SURVIVAL!
Gonads hanging from the Popes robe won't cause our downfall. Ignoring the REAL problems most certainly will - as we can easily see every day in the news!
jbrown

Langhorne, PA

#15 Mar 18, 2007
and this guy gets paid to do this. i would be fired if i had such a stupid idea.

“Live life with love”

Since: Jul 07

Somewhere back home.

#16 Jul 15, 2007
Geez. Common.

Since: Apr 07

Lansdale, PA

#17 Jul 15, 2007
he must be bored.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Washington County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Snow Emergency Plan In Effect In Washington County Feb '15 Nate 1
martz (Aug '14) Aug '14 vincent martz posted 1
test (Mar '14) Mar '14 mlop 1
News Ex-Councilwoman Indicted On Theft, Perjury Charges (Sep '13) Sep '13 GingerOne 1
News Hagerstown Good Humor-Breyers plant could close (Feb '09) Aug '13 Damon 1,161
News Police to pursue drug dealers' landlords (Jun '13) Jun '13 Mr T 3
News Antietam field trip cancelled by school board (May '13) May '13 GenPatton 2
More from around the web