Some residents near Rocky's New York ...

Some residents near Rocky's New York Pizza oppose liquor license

There are 3 comments on the Herald-Mail story from Jan 23, 2010, titled Some residents near Rocky's New York Pizza oppose liquor license. In it, Herald-Mail reports that:

A handful of residents who live near Rocky's New York Pizza in Smithsburg told Washington County liquor officials on Wednesday that they opposed the restaurant owner's request to obtain a liquor license.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Herald-Mail.

Smithburg Resident

Hagerstown, MD

#1 Jan 26, 2010
Really. Oppose it because the liquor store is open late enough or oppose it because you have a grudge with Rocky's. More sales equal more money via the Sales Tax. I order from Rocky's and can't say there pizza is Amazing, but they are the only one that will deliver to me. Yes I know about the one Pizza Shop by the square, but their Pizza sucks. If it helps keeps them open for business then so be it. Its not like we will have drunks wondering around, (Ok, more than we have now) if they get a liquor license.

“Beware, I lurk in”

Since: Dec 09

Dark Places

#2 Mar 1, 2010
People are going to drink no matter, let them sell it.
Mom in Smithsburg

Williamsport, MD

#3 Mar 2, 2010
I personally have no problem with it. If you know Rocky's pizza, and the people who work there, you will also know that they're not likely to simply let someone "hang out" and just drink. They are not a bar and I can't honestly believe they're trying to become a bar. We do have a local bar (that I don't frequent), but if people want to simply sit and drink, they'll go elsewhere. This would, in no way, effect the customers except perhaps to provide them with something new for Rocky's to offer. If anything, it will provide a local business with a bit more income and as a small business owner myself...I say more power to them! Good luck Rocky's!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Washington County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Speed Limit Revving Up To 70 Mph On Much Of I-70 Apr '16 Suzy Jane 1
News Hagerstown man charged in armed robbery of pizz... (Apr '15) Apr '15 I Love Pizza 1
News Snow Emergency Plan In Effect In Washington County (Feb '15) Feb '15 Nate 1
martz (Aug '14) Aug '14 vincent martz posted 1
test (Mar '14) Mar '14 mlop 1
News Ex-Councilwoman Indicted On Theft, Perjury Charges (Sep '13) Sep '13 GingerOne 1
News Hagerstown Good Humor-Breyers plant could close (Feb '09) Aug '13 Damon 1,161
More from around the web