Giardia has nothing to do with Salem water issue

Jan 21, 2010 Full story: Banner-Gazette 6

There was misinformation reported in the January 20 edition of The Washington County Edition from the Salem City Council's Jan.

Full Story
Kitty

AOL

#1 Jan 28, 2010
It will be wonderful when Salem figures out what's up with the water. We've stopped going to any restaurants in Salem because the iced drinks have a terrible aftertaste...undrinkable!! They either need to get their ice from an outside source or get some kind of filter to get rid of that awful taste. We've talked to other people and they feel the same.
salemite

Salem, IN

#2 Jan 28, 2010
A lot of the problem with Salem's water is psycological. No one thought anything about it until one person made a comment about the taste. Then everyone jumped on the bandwagon. Personnaly, I don't see much of a problem and I still go to the restaurants in Salem. I also live in Salem and drink Salem water daily.
Kitty

AOL

#3 Jan 29, 2010
It might be in your head Salemite, or you have lost your sense of smell and taste. We noticed the awful smell and taste long before it was mentioned in the paper. The water has a strong smell and aftertaste...a person can notice the odor when it is running from the faucet at home. We thot your comment was very patronizing. It is hard to drink the iced drinks at restaurants in Salem and we would hope they consider filters or getting their ice from a different source until the problem is fixed.
salemite

Salem, IN

#4 Jan 29, 2010
Kitty wrote:
It might be in your head Salemite, or you have lost your sense of smell and taste. We noticed the awful smell and taste long before it was mentioned in the paper. The water has a strong smell and aftertaste...a person can notice the odor when it is running from the faucet at home. We thot your comment was very patronizing. It is hard to drink the iced drinks at restaurants in Salem and we would hope they consider filters or getting their ice from a different source until the problem is fixed.
Why just the ice? The drinks use the same water as the ice!
Skoochnski

Sellersburg, IN

#5 Feb 5, 2010
It tastes like dirt and smells like moldy pool water. And I noticed it before anything was written about it in the paper.
We don't get drinks from any of the resturants out here either. Except for the KFC/LJS. They have a good filtration system on their soda fountain.
I do know that the Chinese food place in town is offering canned drinks now.
Former Salem Resident

Jeffersonville, IN

#6 Feb 20, 2010
I'm glad I left Salem a couple of years ago. Still have family there way out in the country. Frankly, Salem is a pretty depressing and depressed place. Most of it looks like its going downhill and falling apart. No one cares. As far as the water supply, yeah, there's definitely something wrong with it. I don't think they ever dredged Lake Salinda properly and then the growth of algae and other stuff in the lake is part of it. Not only that but Lake John Hay probably needs dredged too. That the people around really need to clean house and get rid of the old cronies and things might get better there.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Washington County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
New plea bargain in Watts case may be thrown out (Sep '08) May '14 The other john watts 30
Salem Teacher Pleads Guilty To Criminal Reckles... (Dec '12) Dec '12 Skeeter hobbs 1
Police solve burglary case in less than a day (May '10) Sep '12 angee 2
Man on lawn tractor arrested for OWI (May '12) Jun '12 Captn Morgan 15
Salem teacher facing criminal charges for under... (Jun '12) Jun '12 Its Salem 3
Indiana tornado 2012: Angel Babcock, 2, found A... (Mar '12) Mar '12 usual4theusual 2
Salem Insurer Arrested For Fraud (Feb '10) Mar '10 who cares 2
More from around the web