Beecroft guilty of murdering newborn

There are 59 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Dec 1, 2008, titled Beecroft guilty of murdering newborn. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

A Washington County District Court judge this afternoon found Nicole Beecroft guilty of first-degree premeditated murder for stabbing her newborn daughter to death in 2007.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Junco

Southwest Brevard Cnty, FL

#1 Dec 1, 2008
Superb!
Justice now!
WOWW

Hartford, CT

#2 Dec 1, 2008
Good now let there be real justice with the punishment
Concerned Parent

Saint Paul, MN

#3 Dec 1, 2008
This really saddens and scares me, here is a girl/woman that had a child and murdered it, and she would have gotten away with it had she not talked to a couple people, who did the right thing by telling. Makes we wonder how many may have gotten away with something like this. It is scarey. I agree with the judges decision, even with the doubt the defense tried to cast that the baby being stillborn, this girl has some major issues, cause anywhich way you look at it, it is a baby, she aint no doctor, and had known it was a live it move. My son has friends that knew Nicole really well, and from what I have heard, she was a really depressed, girl, I pray for her and especially her family, there is support for the convicted in jail, and there are support groups, but nothing heals, when you hare suffering the loss of a grandchild and a daughter at the same time.

Since: Apr 08

Twin Cities

#4 Dec 1, 2008
I can't feel good about the verdict, even though I feel it was the correct one. This was the saddest story I've ever heard and I will always feel that Nicole, though she holds the greater weight of responsibility and punishment, is not the only one who should be held accountable for the horror that a tiny helpless human suffered. There were adults in Nicole's life who either chose not to be involved, or who were unexplainably absent in her young life. Where were those people, her parents, her teachers, and even her friends?

My prayers to Judge Hannon who sat through the testimony and weighed the evidence. That must have been heart-wrenching and life-changing for you. It has been for me.

Zen
Concerned Parent

Saint Paul, MN

#5 Dec 1, 2008
Zen I agree, for parents, teachers, grandparents, family, coworkers and adult friends to see this girl go through 9 months, and not notice the changes, even if she was able to hide the size, adults close to her if they cared would have noticed other changes. Although sometimes teens are good at hiding things, but those friends that knew could have been better friends and talked to adults sooner a teacher, someone who would have got her help from social services if her mom wasnt around. So many options, lots of closed eyes.
Serina

Minneapolis, MN

#6 Dec 1, 2008
Yeh! Now sterilze her and recind any parental rights to any further children.

Since: Aug 08

Maplewood, MN

#7 Dec 1, 2008
Thank goodness they finally got something right!! Hope the punishment fits the verdict!
Happy N Single

Saint Paul, MN

#8 Dec 1, 2008
Justice for the newborn God have mercy on the mother that murders her own, cause she won't find it here....
ttt

Saint Paul, MN

#9 Dec 1, 2008
I have a daughter and would know if she was pregnant. There are many signs such as missed periods. I know for a fact if I didn't see the evidence of a period in the waste basket for several months I would be asking questions. Gross yes, but you have to know who and what your kids are up to.
childhood friend

Saint Paul, MN

#10 Dec 1, 2008
I'm glad the right decision was made. Finally, a little justice for the little girl who died at the hands of her mother. Nothing will make it right, but I sure hope that somewhere, at least one pregnant teen decided to use the safe haven law instead of this brutal, monstrous alternative. My prayers to her family and close friends.
Get a Grip

Saint Paul, MN

#11 Dec 1, 2008
ZenBirdist wrote:
I can't feel good about the verdict, even though I feel it was the correct one. This was the saddest story I've ever heard and I will always feel that Nicole, though she holds the greater weight of responsibility and punishment, is not the only one who should be held accountable for the horror that a tiny helpless human suffered. There were adults in Nicole's life who either chose not to be involved, or who were unexplainably absent in her young life. Where were those people, her parents, her teachers, and even her friends?
My prayers to Judge Hannon who sat through the testimony and weighed the evidence. That must have been heart-wrenching and life-changing for you. It has been for me.
Zen
Please.....there is no "vicarious" society resposibility to dole out to others here.

When YOU decide to pick up a knife, plunge it repeatedly into a helpless newborn child, and inflict murderous injury, pain, and finally death on that child, YOU (regardless of your upbringing and whatever trials and tribulations you may have had in your life) are a CHILD MURDERER.

No on else picked up the knife. We all have stress and strains. None of us live a fairy tale existence.

There are plenty of young mothers out there, some who've probably even had worse home situations than this woman. They on the other hand left the knife in the drawer, even though the thought may have crossed their mind.

Full responsibility lies with her and may God have mercy on her soul.....she's going to need it.
RWJ

Minneapolis, MN

#12 Dec 1, 2008
This must have been a very hard decision for Judge Hannon. I have followed this story from the begining. There were times I thought there was reasonable doubt. I know Judge Hannon and I'm sure she weighed all the evidence. Where were the parents and the father??? I hope Nicole gets the help she needs.
tweet

Palo Alto, CA

#13 Dec 1, 2008
why not just indict society as a whole? Where does responsibility end under your theory? Should her parents, teachers, neighbors, clergy, doctors and the milkman be held accountable? Please. I am not on the poor Nicole train...
ZenBirdist wrote:
I can't feel good about the verdict, even though I feel it was the correct one. This was the saddest story I've ever heard and I will always feel that Nicole, though she holds the greater weight of responsibility and punishment, is not the only one who should be held accountable for the horror that a tiny helpless human suffered. There were adults in Nicole's life who either chose not to be involved, or who were unexplainably absent in her young life. Where were those people, her parents, her teachers, and even her friends?
My prayers to Judge Hannon who sat through the testimony and weighed the evidence. That must have been heart-wrenching and life-changing for you. It has been for me.
Zen
concerned only to a point

Palo Alto, CA

#14 Dec 1, 2008
Are your son's friends also guilty of closing their eyes? Easy to judge things you know little or nothing about. Take care of your own business and pray for your children and their contacts in the world. I guarantee your tune will change when your child does something like this.
Concerned Parent wrote:
Zen I agree, for parents, teachers, grandparents, family, coworkers and adult friends to see this girl go through 9 months, and not notice the changes, even if she was able to hide the size, adults close to her if they cared would have noticed other changes. Although sometimes teens are good at hiding things, but those friends that knew could have been better friends and talked to adults sooner a teacher, someone who would have got her help from social services if her mom wasnt around. So many options, lots of closed eyes.
stephen Canavan

Minneapolis, MN

#15 Dec 1, 2008
Hopefully she get the Jeffery Dahmer treatment in jail. She deserves it! Plus it will save the Taxpayer a lot of money housing this scum for life.
Kudo's to the judge to correctly sentence this case.
Nice

Minneapolis, MN

#16 Dec 1, 2008
Serina wrote:
Yeh! Now sterilze her and recind any parental rights to any further children.
That will not be necessary with a sentence of life in a women's prison with no possible chance of parole!
Get a Grip

Saint Paul, MN

#17 Dec 1, 2008
Nice wrote:
<quoted text>
That will not be necessary with a sentence of life in a women's prison with no possible chance of parole!
I got $100 that says she walks among us before she's 40.
Concerned

Saint Paul, MN

#18 Dec 1, 2008
I am not feeling sorry for Nichole, I though am concerned about society, its sad to think a 17 year old had no one in their live that was concerned enough to notice and step into help. We live in the area, I never knew this girl, though my son said a friend of his went out with her on and off, from the way it sounds, the girl was not widely accepted by her peers did whatever to be accepted. Not that that it matters she is getting what she deserves, but if people would open their eyes before things happen, and try to mentor teens that are lost maybe things can be prevented.
jaded

Grand Rapids, MN

#19 Dec 1, 2008
MN Law calls for life in prison. So either way, I hope this young ADULT will get whats coming to her. Life in prison is way too easy for her. Hopefully all the moms in her cell block will let her know its not okay to murder an innocent baby.

And to think all the ppl out there that desperately want a baby and cant have them...this c*** had options. An eye for an eye honey.

Also, to those who wonder where her parents were... who cares? She was an adult when she murdered this baby. Why judge the parents for something a grown person has done? If we start caring where the parents were of an adult offender, then we need to find out where the parents of Charles Manson, Ted Bundy, Ed Gein and all other offenders were when they did their crimes.

Since: Apr 08

Twin Cities

#20 Dec 1, 2008
Get a Grip wrote:
<quoted text>
Please.....there is no "vicarious" society resposibility to dole out to others here.
When YOU decide to pick up a knife, plunge it repeatedly into a helpless newborn child, and inflict murderous injury, pain, and finally death on that child, YOU (regardless of your upbringing and whatever trials and tribulations you may have had in your life) are a CHILD MURDERER.
No on else picked up the knife. We all have stress and strains. None of us live a fairy tale existence.
There are plenty of young mothers out there, some who've probably even had worse home situations than this woman. They on the other hand left the knife in the drawer, even though the thought may have crossed their mind.
Full responsibility lies with her and may God have mercy on her soul.....she's going to need it.
I believe you've read something into my post that wasn't there. I didn't use the words "vicarious" or "society". I said I believe the verdict to be the correct one. I said that Nicole bears the weight of responsibility and punishment. I also then questioned the complete absence of an authority figure in this teenager's life, who at some point in during this pregnancy would have tried to connect with this girl. Your response to my comment sounds like you think I want others imprisoned for her crime. That's ridiculous and not at all what I said. I would like to see some kind of follow-up, however, some answers from those adults in her life who saw her day in and day out and "never noticed" the changes in her body and mood. A little involvement and interest in Nicole's life may have been what made the difference. Maybe not. I don't have those answers, do you?

Zen

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Washington County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Talk of the town: Prairie State generator part ... (Oct '09) Oct '09 along way from home 1
Kemper speaks to Girl Scout Troop 745 (Apr '07) Apr '07 Cheryl Taylor 1
More from around the web