Talisker to turn failed project into ...

Talisker to turn failed project into affordable housing - The P...

There are 51 comments on the Park Record story from Nov 6, 2009, titled Talisker to turn failed project into affordable housing - The P.... In it, Park Record reports that:

Talisker recently purchased this 17-condo building on Black Rock Trail to be sold as affordable housing in the spring.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Park Record.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
PC Taxpayer

Salt Lake City, UT

#41 Nov 15, 2009
TI, on what planet do you spend most of your time??(credit to Barney Frank) Who is taking away someone else's second home here? How does zoning (i.e. regulations about where a gas station can be built, and that mean NOT on a lot that was zoned for a single family home.) The complaining Black Rock neighbors made a VERY bad decision in buying a "pig in a poke", purchasing in a development that was incomplete and largely deserted, and now they are complaining tha someone else has purchased some of the distressed property!! If he checked the zoning is his fiasco of a development, I am sure the writer would find that zoning does NOT allow gas stations, but DOES allow properties to be purchased by working people. You ARE, most definitely, Totally Uninformed.
Totally Uninformed

Jupiter, FL

#42 Nov 15, 2009
PC Taxpayer wrote:
TI, on what planet do you spend most of your time??(credit to Barney Frank) Who is taking away someone else's second home here? How does zoning (i.e. regulations about where a gas station can be built, and that mean NOT on a lot that was zoned for a single family home.) The complaining Black Rock neighbors made a VERY bad decision in buying a "pig in a poke", purchasing in a development that was incomplete and largely deserted, and now they are complaining tha someone else has purchased some of the distressed property!! If he checked the zoning is his fiasco of a development, I am sure the writer would find that zoning does NOT allow gas stations, but DOES allow properties to be purchased by working people. You ARE, most definitely, Totally Uninformed.
I live on a planet where local officials are spending like drunken sailors and reaching their hands into my pocket to pay for it just because I own a piece of property in their jurisdiction. They don't think there's anything wrong with jacking my rates higher and higher because in their opinion I'm "wealthy" and an infinite source to be tapped. I consider that a threat to my property rights.

Did I say anything about who could or couldn't purchase that property? Your response to my post is a total non sequitur.
PC Taxpayer

Salt Lake City, UT

#43 Nov 15, 2009
Your several posts are ALL non sequiturs. This has NOTHING to do with gas stations, losing a house to taxes, or the wealthy who think we should feel sorry for them when they have to pay taxes. What does ANY of that have to do with Talisker buying a building with condominiums that they will re-sell to their employees and possibly to the public? Isn't that all part of the great "free market" that you so adore? And once people own those homes, they will PAY TAXES on them,and pay HOA dues that might actually help to improve the neighborhood. How is that reaching all the way to DelRay Florida to take money out of your pocket? You know, there ARE issues in OUR community that are not related to your personal agenda.
Sofa King

Kaysville, UT

#44 Nov 15, 2009
PC Taxpayer wrote:
Your several posts are ALL non sequiturs. This has NOTHING to do with gas stations, losing a house to taxes, or the wealthy who think we should feel sorry for them when they have to pay taxes. What does ANY of that have to do with Talisker buying a building with condominiums that they will re-sell to their employees and possibly to the public? Isn't that all part of the great "free market" that you so adore? And once people own those homes, they will PAY TAXES on them,and pay HOA dues that might actually help to improve the neighborhood. How is that reaching all the way to DelRay Florida to take money out of your pocket? You know, there ARE issues in OUR community that are not related to your personal agenda.
Yea! like hot air balloons flying too low!
Sofa King

Kaysville, UT

#45 Nov 15, 2009
Speaking of property rights, heard an interesting rumor this week, curious if anyone knows about it.

I heard the one of the Sweeney brothers is building a house for himself and got sued by a neighbor because the house is TOO SMALL and that it would negatively impact his property values.

Anyone know anything about it starting with if it is fundamentally true?

guess i should actually look at the Park Record front page...being lazy.
dave

Ogden, UT

#46 Nov 15, 2009
Sofa King wrote:
Speaking of property rights, heard an interesting rumor this week, curious if anyone knows about it.
I heard the one of the Sweeney brothers is building a house for himself and got sued by a neighbor because the house is TOO SMALL and that it would negatively impact his property values.
Anyone know anything about it starting with if it is fundamentally true?
guess i should actually look at the Park Record front page...being lazy.
Oh the beautiful irony.
Totally Uninformed

Jupiter, FL

#47 Nov 15, 2009
PC Taxpayer wrote:
I don't have the slightest idea what you're talking about or why you are attacking me. Or what my personal agenda is.
OH MY

Draper, UT

#48 Nov 16, 2009
T.U.-

Since some of the people can be fooled all of the time, we have dishonest folks routinely trying out foolish arguments, to see who takes the bait.

The idea that liberals want to take away second homes is a conservative idea (lie) designed to create fear of liberals.

The "greater threat" that you mention is a fantasy, it does not exist. It is an irrational fear conjured up for political purposes, and does not qualify as a "threat" since it is not real.

While there may be some crazy people who advocate the confiscation of second homes, to claim that this is a "liberal mindset" is dishonest and stupid.
Shonuf

Kaysville, UT

#49 Nov 16, 2009
Totally Uninformed wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't have the slightest idea what you're talking about or why you are attacking me. Or what my personal agenda is.
don't take it personally...he's probably just in a bad mood because a hot air balloon flew too low again or something.
Totally Uninformed

Jupiter, FL

#50 Nov 16, 2009
Shonuf wrote:
<quoted text>
don't take it personally...he's probably just in a bad mood because a hot air balloon flew too low again or something.
Oh I'm not. I feel a lot more at ease now that I know my concerns are unwarranted.
JPB

Easton, MD

#51 Feb 16, 2010
Understand completely Jim. Many good working people who invested and helped build the complex lost out.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wasatch County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Corruption in The Heber City Police. (Aug '13) May '16 edme 16
be more understanding. Mar '16 concerned citizen 1
News Utah GOP activist charged with rape found dead (Oct '12) Oct '12 Lance Winslow 2
News Guest Editorial, December 17-20, 2011 - The Par... (Dec '11) Dec '11 CONFUSED 1
News Homeowners rally against fire fee increase - Th... (Nov '11) Nov '11 Jordanelle Resident 1
News Fire fees fought at Jordanelle - The Park Record (Apr '11) Apr '11 Mountain Top Dweller 5
News South Summit to offer school-day intervention -... (Mar '11) Mar '11 MarshellaSmith 4
More from around the web