Some counties also turning down stimu...

Some counties also turning down stimulus money

There are 1 comment on the WBMA story from Apr 22, 2009, titled Some counties also turning down stimulus money. In it, WBMA reports that:

COLUMBUS, Ohio - Governors have made headlines for refusing at least some of President Barack Obama 's economic stimulus package, but at the local level, cash-strapped cities and counties have been less vocal about turning down money.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WBMA.

Mary Bird

Torrance, CA

#1 Apr 22, 2009
To get the prisons back on budget, all we have to do is cut all the sentences in half. Take the record away once they have served their sentence. Keep the parole for the length of the original sentence.
I do not want to support every person that has a record and cannot get a decent job after getting out.That is not what I call rehabilitation. Neither do I want them to get depressed and kill themselves or go back to robbing for a living.
We don't support our kids school levy's and send schools begging for money, but we want all people convicted of a crime put away for max. sentences. Go figure. [email protected]

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Warren County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lebanon BMV - AVOID (Dec '15) Apr '17 Whatnow 2
News Morrow Vice Mayor Bryant sentenced to probation... (Sep '07) Apr '17 Spell Checker 40
News Lebanon man sent to prison for shooting relative Apr '17 45036 Curmudgeon 4
Mary Haven Youth Center Warren County Ohio (Aug '09) Feb '17 audrey___ 21
Warren County Building and zoning Jan '17 FedUP 1
News Showdown looms between GOP 'golden boy' and vet... Jan '17 Pops 3
Auntie Anne Background Check (Nov '16) Nov '16 John 2
More from around the web