Village official charged with DUI

Village official charged with DUI

There are 6 comments on the Middletown Journal story from Oct 5, 2011, titled Village official charged with DUI. In it, Middletown Journal reports that:

A Morrow councilman is slated to be arraigned on drunk driving and two other charges at 1 p.m. today in Warren County Court.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Middletown Journal.

Lane McCollister

Cincinnati, OH

#1 Oct 6, 2011
Fine and give 90 days in jail to Josh Chambers and don't allow to to hold any office ever again.
Income Tax Suite Filed

Germantown, OH

#2 Oct 6, 2011
Councilman Joshua Chambers expected to resign, mayor says.
Hot Topics
Read Middletown local news on your mobile phone
Are you paying too much for gasoline?
Print FREE grocery coupons
Latest local news
By Ed Richter, Staff Writer
12:05 AM Thursday, October 6, 2011
LEBANON — A Morrow councilman is slated to be arraigned on drunk driving and two other charges at 1 p.m. today in Warren County Court.
Joshua Chambers, 27, was arrested on charges of operating a vehicle under the influence, violating open container laws and not keeping a safe distance between vehicles at 2:13 a.m. following a traffic stop near the intersection of U.S. 22/Ohio 3 and Kibby Road in Morrow, according to Sheriff’s Lt. Eric Johnson.
Chambers was released from jail Sunday on $15,000 bond.
Mayor Michael Erwin said Chambers contacted him on Monday to offer his resignation from the Village Council seat to which he was elected in 2008. Erwin said Chambers would have to submit a letter of resignation for Village Council to consider at its Tuesday meeting.
“We anticipate that we’ll receive the letter before our meeting Tuesday,” Erwin said.
Chambers plans to resign because of the current situation and does not want that to be a distraction for the village, Erwin said.
“He said that he’s resigning because it would be in the best interest of the village,” Erwin said.
Chambers also is running for mayor this year. However, as of Wednesday he had not withdrawn his name from the ballot, said Keir Holeman, Warren County Board of Elections director.
Holeman said if Chambers decides to withdraw from the mayoral race, a notice would be posted at the polls and any votes for him would not be counted.
In addition to his current legal case, on Monday the Ohio Department of Taxation filed a certificate of judgment against Chambers on a personal income tax matter, according to records in the Warren County Clerk of Courts office.
Truth be told

Cincinnati, OH

#3 Oct 6, 2011
It disgusts me that we have a man running for mayor and a current mayor that have such low moral standards. They are your typical " crooked" politicians and do not care about the Village of Morrow. Morrow needs a change. We cannot allow these low-lifes to ruin our community. They seem to think they have the power to do anything while breaking laws themselves, ie. income tax fraud, taking illegal drugs and OVI's. They have no business being a part of our Council, much less being our mayor.
Knife In My Pants

Germantown, OH

#4 Oct 6, 2011
But the mayor did my taxes last year...It's not my doing. I had to have extra deductions for all the knifes I purchased last year. The cops keep taking them away. I'm lost I don't have anybody to talk to...just my chauffeur.
Chuck

Germantown, OH

#5 Oct 7, 2011
Go to JAIL do not pass GO do not collect $200- ah hell you won't pay your income tax on it anyway
Lebanon, OH

#6 Oct 7, 2011
Nah... he did diversion last time. This time they will order a drug and alcohol assessment. He will get on his knees again and "beg"! lol and get off on probation, a fine and minimal drug and alcohol classes because he will go and lie his azz off! Lets see.. beat up by someone's old man, pulling a knife on someone and now drunk driving!!! Lets just continue to let this "computer tech/councilman " slide by with minimal consequence because he is obviously stable! And I am positive NONE of these circumstances involved alcohol LOL ... please!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Warren County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lebanon BMV - AVOID (Dec '15) Apr 25 Whatnow 2
News Morrow Vice Mayor Bryant sentenced to probation... (Sep '07) Apr 24 Spell Checker 40
News Lebanon man sent to prison for shooting relative Apr 15 45036 Curmudgeon 4
Mary Haven Youth Center Warren County Ohio (Aug '09) Feb '17 audrey___ 21
Warren County Building and zoning Jan '17 FedUP 1
News Showdown looms between GOP 'golden boy' and vet... Jan '17 Pops 3
Auntie Anne Background Check Nov '16 John 2
More from around the web