Islam Lesson Creates Controversy At N.J. School

Full story: WFMZ

A school lesson on the Islamic religion is causing quite a stir in Warren County, New Jersey.
Comments
1 - 17 of 17 Comments Last updated Nov 28, 2009
steve_stiffler

Marion, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2009

Islam is not a religion. It is a social and political movement and a true death cult. It must be and will be eradicated.
Barry Soetoro

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2009

Always the same story.

You can teach the false "religion" called "islam" in classrooms, but you cannot teach Christianity.

If you're gonna teach religion, for the kids' sake, make sure it's the "religion" that demands murdering gays, stoning women, and chopping people's heads off.

What a treat.

“US DOLLAR TO COLLAPSE IN 09”

Since: Oct 07

Chicago

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2009

Islam is a Politico-military system at war against all others.
Sameer

Quispamsis, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2009

Islam is a false cult ,whose followers kill,loot,rape,and cry Allah hu Akbar after finishing it.
GEORGE GORK

Quakertown, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2009

Thats nice, You forbid the teaching of christianity in schools, which is what this country was founded on, and now instead your teaching islam to sixth graders. I think I see where this is going and it makes me scared. Very,very,scared. What the hell is this country coming to. Saudi arabia owns us dont they. Over my dead body.
Bob

Allentown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2009

Judged:

Obama's America coming to life. Teaching islam in schools, but don't you dare say "under God" while reciting the pledge of alligence.
Les in the Pocs

Scranton, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2009

Just wait until Islam becomes front-and-center during the 9-11 terror trials up-coming in Manhattan...why not go all the way and make a full-blown mockery of our country's christian values?

Thanks Obama, and the ilk you're allied with.
Mickey

Pottstown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2009

Judged:

I have always felt there should be a comparitive religion class taught in schools. This class would spend equal time on each religion. If children understand the differences between each other there would be less descimination and hatred among people. This would carry over to thier
adult years. I do not consider myself religious but I think it is important to teach children religion just as we teach them math,science, and foriegn languages. How can the politicians outlaw religion in schools and public places but say "God bless America" after all their campaign appearances??
Old Smokey

Allentown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2009

First eight comments; All grand slams, good to see that some people know what we are up against.
Baloney at best

Kutztown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2009

I would NOT want my tax money paying for this!
puppy breath

Coopersburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2009

What's next ? Oh, I know, how about if we teach the children to become suicide bombers ???

Since: Jul 09

Chandler, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2009

The question is not whether the material is "too deep" for sixth graders. The question is whether the material is truthful about Islam or dishonest propaganda to whitewash Islam in the minds of our children. For example, the most popular manual of Sharia law, "Umdat al Salik" defines "jihad" this way: "Jihad means to war against non-Muslims". Does this textbook tell our children that? The Koran says:
-- Surely the vilest of animals in Allah’s sight are those who disbelieve.(8.55)
--The unbelievers are your inveterate enemy.(4:101)
-- Mohammed is God's apostle. Those who follow him are ruthless to the unbelievers but merciful to one another.(48:29).
-- I shall cast terror into the hearts of the infidels. Strike off their heads, strike off the very tips of their fingers.(8:12)
Does the textbook discuss these important passages in the Koran?
Muhammad said:
-- Muhammad said: "Fight in the name of Allah and in the way of Allah. Fight against those who disbelieve in Allah. Make a holy war,…"
Does the textbook discuss this?
If the textbook does not deal with these aspects of violent religious bigotry in Islam, it is poisoning the minds of our children in favor of Islam.

“The Defiant Dhimmi”

Since: Apr 08

Scholar of the Obvious

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2009

If they want to know about Islam, they should invite Geert Wilders to talk to them.
obama san

Asheboro, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2009

Abdulameer wrote:
The question is not whether the material is "too deep" for sixth graders. The question is whether the material is truthful about Islam or dishonest propaganda to whitewash Islam in the minds of our children. For example, the most popular manual of Sharia law, "Umdat al Salik" defines "jihad" this way: "Jihad means to war against non-Muslims". Does this textbook tell our children that? The Koran says:
-- Surely the vilest of animals in Allah’s sight are those who disbelieve.(8.55)
--The unbelievers are your inveterate enemy.(4:101)
-- Mohammed is God's apostle. Those who follow him are ruthless to the unbelievers but merciful to one another.(48:29).
-- I shall cast terror into the hearts of the infidels. Strike off their heads, strike off the very tips of their fingers.(8:12)
Does the textbook discuss these important passages in the Koran?
Muhammad said:
-- Muhammad said: "Fight in the name of Allah and in the way of Allah. Fight against those who disbelieve in Allah. Make a holy war,…"
Does the textbook discuss this?
If the textbook does not deal with these aspects of violent religious bigotry in Islam, it is poisoning the minds of our children in favor of Islam.
Do you know what azl is? That is all i need to know now? Will you be truthful?
Whitehall

Whitehall, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2009

I am 30 now and completed all my schooling at LDW, AMS & Del Val. I am a very opened minded person however if they are going to teach about Islam they need to teach about Christianity and all other religions as well. It is ridiculous how many things have become "Not politically correct" anymore. You can't have kids sit Indian Style anymore it's "criss cross or pretzel style" now. When will it stop???
R_not

Antioch, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2009

This is the usual way our politicians are bowing to Islam is by blindly accepting what they tell them to put into the textbooks, or anything. Even the news, TV documentaries, movies, etc are just blindly accepting what Muslims tell them to say. No research is done, not even into the Muslim organizations that control these people.

If they did some research they would find that every, single Muslim organization is associated with the Muslim Brotherhood (a terrorist organization), even the MSA, MPAC, and CAIR. Its goal is to establish sharia laws in all lands. And it achieves it by making non-Muslims 'useful idiots', or appeasers, if not outright converts to Islam. And the only way they can get converts to their ideology is to not tell the truth about Islam.

What sane person with the correct information would join an ideology that espouses deception and killing others just because they are not of that same ideology? Or follow a man who was a pediphile, murderer, assasin, torturer, enslaver, thief, and a liar as a religious leader?
R_not

Antioch, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2009

We saw how even our military is bowing to Islam even when one of theirs blatantly tells them what Islam is about and what the duty of Muslims are! The 50 page power point presentation told them everything that they wanted to know about Major Hassan. Instead our Pentagon, troops, officers, politicians, etc all get 'sensitivity' training about islam and muslims. Heaven forbid the Muslims get that sensitivity training so we don't have incidents like we have at Ft. Hood, or even the Arab Festival 2009, etc.

If the Muslims are offended that their history is one of bloodshed and enslavement that is still going on to this day - oh well, maybe they might be embarrassed enough to stop it! Not one of them has enough inner strength to stop the violence in the name of Islam but we are supposed to just keep on accepting it. The tone of Islam is set by the radicals while the masses of 'others'(I won't call them moderate since it is so hard to tell if they are doing what they are supposed to be doing by waging Jihad by the 'sword', their tongue, and their wealth) just accept it.

And if we look further into Sharia laws it tells us that the others do wage Jihad by doing nothing because most of them are doing it via their tongues (taqiyya/kithman) and their wealth (Muslim Charities that go to support their jihadists - at LEAST 1/8th is to go to those fighting for allah's cause - check Sharia laws for yourself).

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Warren County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Centenary College celebrates April, Shakespeare... Mar '14 Evelyn 1
Alleged non-payment of child support at center ... (Sep '13) Sep '13 jsaund28352 1
Reaction mixed to New Jersey Senate bill that w... (Jun '13) Jun '13 nj resident 1
Warren County residents raise money to rescue f... (May '13) May '13 deb harden 1
Walmart Construction Causing Controversy - Regi... (Feb '11) Jan '13 Rian 11
Phillipsburg attempted abduction a hoax, accord... (Jan '13) Jan '13 Concerned neighbor 1
Hurricane Sandy: More than 45,000 without power... (Oct '12) Oct '12 Clare 2

Search the Warren County Forum:
•••