Warren County Resident

Marthasville, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 12, 2009

With all the business leaving Warrenton and Warren Co. such as Dairy Queen, Sonic, Hardees, IGA (years ago) why are a FEW residents complaining about a new family business? One complained they liked to dress up in cowboy clothes, come on now. This is a sport and like other sports has a "uniform." The other complaint is it disturbs his peace. I have lived here over 20 years and would rather see families enjoying clean fun and competition rather than the noise and carnage that goes with hunting. I have no problem with people who know how to hunt on their property I am referring to the many illegal hunters, drunk, missing a good shot & leaving wounded deer for us to clean up. Of the two "sports" I vote for the Rodeo.
Warren County Resident

Marthasville, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 12, 2009

Sorry this was for Warren County, MISSOURI
tata for now

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2009

What really bites my *** is that we hear about the BAD things teens do EVERYDAY!!!! The trouble they get into, the drinking, the accidents, etc.... BUT at the same time we can't have anything CLOSE to fill their spare time. My kids have and enjoy livestock. I cant afford to haul 200 miles every weekend to keep them out of trouble. Lets see - Melton Arena - I know where my kids are - with the family enjoying their day.

No Arena???- I guess I can turn them loose on the community

Or maybe the people who oppose this would like to get together with our county officials and give the local rodeo families a huge SPONSORSHIP just to cover our fuel cost to go were we are welcome....

SOMETHING HAS TO GIVE!!!!
TangoTina

Wentzville, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2009

I love how the nation is up in arms over the supposed threat to the constitution and its inclusive rights ... but our county wants to turn a blind eye to the way the Melton's rights as property owners are being threatened and bridled.

IF it was a loud, trashy operation ... that's one thing. But for city folks to move out here to OUR county and assert that our roads are THEIR private lanes and OUR sounds are offensive to them?

I say they go back to the city where they obviously belong. It's not THEIR world ... it's OUR world.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Warren County Discussions

Search the Warren County Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Centenary College celebrates April, Shakespeare... Mar '14 Evelyn 1
Alleged non-payment of child support at center ... (Sep '13) Sep '13 jsaund28352 1
Reaction mixed to New Jersey Senate bill that w... (Jun '13) Jun '13 nj resident 1
Warren County residents raise money to rescue f... (May '13) May '13 deb harden 1
Walmart Construction Causing Controversy - Regi... (Feb '11) Jan '13 Rian 11
Phillipsburg attempted abduction a hoax, accord... (Jan '13) Jan '13 Concerned neighbor 1
Hurricane Sandy: More than 45,000 without power... (Oct '12) Oct '12 Clare 2
•••
•••