Former Teacher Sentenced for Sexual Assault of Student : WFMZ-T...

Full story: WFMZ 15
A former teacher from Bethlehem was sentenced today to 15 to 30 years in state prison for the sexual assault of a female student. Full Story
nobody

Ephrata, PA

#1 Oct 10, 2008
What a LOOSER
itolduso2

Easton, PA

#2 Oct 10, 2008
Hooray for justice!!!! Now you all can see what happens to a horrible monster, gone away for a very long time!!!!! Never to prey on young innocent children!! I TOLD U SO!!!! TO those who held a torch to Brekne, please go get some serious help, she had you fooled too!!
Monster

Roseland, NJ

#4 Oct 10, 2008
May the victim and her family now find some healing and peace with this monster behind bars.
Brad

Horsham, PA

#5 Oct 10, 2008
do you mean 15 to 30 mopnths ...not YEARS?
Its Got To Be MONTHS

Philadelphia, PA

#6 Oct 10, 2008
I cant imagine 15-30 years for that. Its wrong, but not 15-30 YEARS wrong.
Truth can hurt

Nazareth, PA

#7 Oct 10, 2008
Much too harsh a sentence.

Others have KILLED people and received less time behind bars. No doubt what this person did was wrong, but NOT in the same league as murder.
Liz M

West Friendship, MD

#8 Oct 10, 2008
I a so sad to hear this, and people wonder why some parents homeschool their children. It took us forever to have children and to have some nut job assault is a nightmare. My daughter just started K, and I would go crazy if something happened to her. 15 - 30 years is just not enough...she will get her payment when all those mother's in prison find out.
happy

United States

#9 Oct 10, 2008
I hope it is years she deserves it..Children are suppose to be able to go to teachers when stuff like this is happening to them.. I hope she gets what she deserves in prison and i hope she gets a chance to feel the way that child did...
Truth

New York, NY

#10 Oct 10, 2008
That is entirely too long to be put away on the tax dollars we all have to support. 5 years maybe, but 15-30, for crying out loud, the P R 's are out shooting up Allentown nightly and when they get caught, they are out the same day.
concerned

United States

#11 Oct 10, 2008
happy wrote:
I hope it is years she deserves it..Children are suppose to be able to go to teachers when stuff like this is happening to them.. I hope she gets what she deserves in prison and i hope she gets a chance to feel the way that child did...
Sorry, but a 14 yr old girl in todays society is nothing like a child, they having their own children in Bethlehem much younger than that. The girl was not threatened not to tell so why did she wait almost 6 months to tell anyone...I think she was experimenting with this woman thing and when the teacher got serious, she wanted out...girls at 14 like to try new things....what a shame she got 15 yrs. and killers only get 1-5 yrs...
concerned

United States

#12 Oct 10, 2008
Liz M wrote:
I a so sad to hear this, and people wonder why some parents homeschool their children. It took us forever to have children and to have some nut job assault is a nightmare. My daughter just started K, and I would go crazy if something happened to her. 15 - 30 years is just not enough...she will get her payment when all those mother's in prison find out.
I dont think the women in prison will do anything to her. they know as well as the rest of you that a 14 yr old girl is not innocent of the worldly ways in this area or other cities...she just got pressured and possibly caught up in it and then wanted out...
itolduso2

Easton, PA

#14 Oct 10, 2008
concerned, you are soo way off base! It has nothing to do with the 14 year old experimenting, getting caught or anything like that, IT HAS TO DO WITH A GROWN ADULT, WHO WAS HER TEACHER, ONE SHE SHOULD TRUST, AND WHAT SHE DID TO HER VICTIM. SHE IS A CRIMINAL WHO HAS DONE GREAT DAMAGE TO ANOTHER HUMAN BEING, THEREFORE SHE SHOULD GET 15-30 AT LEAST!
savymama

Hackettstown, NJ

#16 Oct 11, 2008
This WAS an innocent child! Had you been in court and witnessed the heartbreak of the family, friends and the child, you would not be speaking with such ignorance! She was a sweet, young, innocent girl of 12 when the brainwashing began. She had never even kissed a boy! Her family was very protective, had babysitters for their kids, even in high school. Brekne was so good at her deceit and manipulation, and she DID threaten the child. She threatened to kill herself, and told the child her parents would disown her if they knew what was going on. So please, if you do not know the facts, do not live here and know the victim and her amazing family, do not make absurd judgments. They are hurtful. Brekned deserves more than the 30 years she may serve in this case. The judge actually stated that this was THE WORST CASE of child sexual abuse she had EVER heard in her 20 years on the bench. Brekne is an extreme danger to our children, male and female (she went both ways) and the judge knew that, told Brekne she is DANGEROUS and shows no remorse. Thank goodness justice prevailed and we can all sleep a little better at night knowing that this sick FORMER teacher is behind bars. And to those of you who blame teachers in general, you can't do that either. You can not blame an entire group dor the actions of one bad person. Don't be so narrow minded. This disgusting criminal would have been a child predator no matter what career path she took. One bad seed does not spoil the entire bunch.
I just hope that people who do not live in our town will stop judging the situation without the facts. You have no idea what it is like to see an upstanding, loving family completely broken. As nieghbors and friends, we are here to help pick up the pieces. We find a small amount of comfort in the sentence handed down yesterday in Pa. But 30 years will never be enough to heal the wounds this beautiful, extremely bright and sweet child has suffered.
Anonymous

Towaco, NJ

#18 Oct 11, 2008
Liz M wrote:
I agree. She should have gotten the full sentence.
Isurvived

Newark, NJ

#19 Oct 14, 2008
Bravo Savymama!!! I was assaulted as a child and I am 37 and still suffering the after effects so 15-30 years for this sub human dirt bag is nothing. Live one day in my shoes or in the shoes of a victim and then tell me it is too much time. Also I know this girl and she is an innocent sweet trusting kid who was just about destroyed by this situation. So if you have any morals at all stop passing judgment on this little girl. By the way the age of consent is not 14 so even if the filth you stated was true Kerri the pig still broke the law. Adults do not have sexual relations with children unless they are scumb! Are you a pedophile? Hmm? Seek help before you end up in a cell for 15-30 years too.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Warren County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Centenary College celebrates April, Shakespeare... (Mar '14) Mar '14 Evelyn 1
Alleged non-payment of child support at center ... (Sep '13) Sep '13 jsaund28352 1
Reaction mixed to New Jersey Senate bill that w... (Jun '13) Jun '13 nj resident 1
Warren County residents raise money to rescue f... (May '13) May '13 deb harden 1
Walmart Construction Causing Controversy - Regi... (Feb '11) Jan '13 Rian 11
Phillipsburg attempted abduction a hoax, accord... (Jan '13) Jan '13 Concerned neighbor 1
Hurricane Sandy: More than 45,000 without power... (Oct '12) Oct '12 Clare 2

Warren County People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE