Warren County Fiscal Court Proposes I...

Warren County Fiscal Court Proposes Insurance Tax

There are 21 comments on the WBKO-TV Bowling Green story from Dec 4, 2012, titled Warren County Fiscal Court Proposes Insurance Tax. In it, WBKO-TV Bowling Green reports that:

Warren County Fiscal Court is considering an ordinance that would impose an insurance premium tax on forms of insurance like casualty, auto, fire, and health, among others.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WBKO-TV Bowling Green.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
BGInsider

Dunmor, KY

#1 Dec 6, 2012
Idea here.....just stop the $#%^& spending!!!!!! Mikey is nothing but a closet democrat!~!~!~!~!~
Anonymous

Alliance, OH

#2 Dec 6, 2012
Yeah, let's raise taxes during a recession, on the edge of a fiscal cliff, mere months away from increased insurance rates from Obama-care. What an incredibly idiotic government we have...
true very true

Bowling Green, KY

#3 Dec 7, 2012
Anonymous wrote:
Yeah, let's raise taxes during a recession, on the edge of a fiscal cliff, mere months away from increased insurance rates from Obama-care. What an incredibly idiotic government we have...
I agree the judge needed to step down
Shooter

Elyria, OH

#4 Dec 7, 2012
A good thing to remember on Election Day next time around.
Taxadophilus

Paducah, KY

#5 Dec 9, 2012
I thought just about all the politicians had a park named after them by now.

We have had scam after scam shoved at us.

Maybe someone wants a marble statue of himself located in front of the courthouse.

They have done just about everything else.

They will squeeze us dry with nary a tear in their eye.
true very true

Nortonville, KY

#6 Dec 9, 2012
Taxadophilus wrote:
I thought just about all the politicians had a park named after them by now.

We have had scam after scam shoved at us.

Maybe someone wants a marble statue of himself located in front of the courthouse.

They have done just about everything else.

They will squeeze us dry with nary a tear in their eye.
Hahah
Bill Clinton

Dunmor, KY

#7 Dec 9, 2012
....need to rename the section of I-65 from the Simpson County Line to Edmonson County....MIKE BUCHANNON BLVD.!!!
Shooter

Elyria, OH

#8 Dec 9, 2012
Bill Clinton wrote:
....need to rename the section of I-65 from the Simpson County Line to Edmonson County....MIKE BUCHANNON BLVD.!!!
A fallen firefighter, a soldier who gave their life in defense of our country, a police officer killed in the line of duty, a paramedic/EMT who sacrificed their life saving others... I can see that. But Mike Buchannon, just for being in office??? Please!

Your sarcasm is so noted. Funny stuff.
true very true

Nortonville, KY

#9 Dec 9, 2012
Shooter wrote:
<quoted text>A fallen firefighter, a soldier who gave their life in defense of our country, a police officer killed in the line of duty, a paramedic/EMT who sacrificed their life saving others... I can see that. But Mike Buchannon, just for being in office??? Please!

Your sarcasm is so noted. Funny stuff.
True so true he a crook
anonymous 2

Washington, DC

#10 Dec 10, 2012
it is obvious that this relentless taxing and spending will never stop until we are smart enough to vote Mike Buchanon, Dot Owens, and Peanuts Gaines out of office. These types of "unremovable" political machines are dangerous!
Mike B

Georgetown, IN

#11 Dec 10, 2012
true very true wrote:
<quoted text>
True so true he a crook
I resemble that remark!!!
true very true

Nortonville, KY

#12 Dec 10, 2012
anonymous 2 wrote:
it is obvious that this relentless taxing and spending will never stop until we are smart enough to vote Mike Buchanon, Dot Owens, and Peanuts Gaines out of office. These types of "unremovable" political machines are dangerous!
True they all need to get out of office Jerry young
Tax Axe Max

United States

#13 Dec 11, 2012
There is a difference between " need " and " wan " and I don't think I hear Warren Countians screaming that we need a new radio system or higher taxes. Put it on a ballot and let the voters vote for what they " need " and " want "!
true very true

Bowling Green, KY

#14 Dec 11, 2012
Tax Axe Max wrote:
There is a difference between " need " and " wan " and I don't think I hear Warren Countians screaming that we need a new radio system or higher taxes. Put it on a ballot and let the voters vote for what they " need " and " want "!
Yes I agree totally
James Fox

United States

#17 Dec 20, 2012
The idea that ISO ratings will go down is false. My ISO is not going from a 6 to a 5 because I'm being taxed. I own an insurance agency and we provide quotes to people all over the state. I don't know of any county in KY with a " municipal tax " on insurance premium. DON'T BE FOOLED if this tax is passed it won't be 2% for long. The county would have money to buy whatever it needs if the same group of people who are considering this tax hadn't bankrupted us with a failed transpark.
BGInsider

Georgetown, IN

#18 Dec 20, 2012
What we WANT and what we NEED is the same thing....a cleaning out of the Warren County Fiscal Court, Warren County Sheriff's Office, and the Bowling Green City Commission!!!
true very true

Bowling Green, KY

#19 Dec 21, 2012
BGInsider wrote:
What we WANT and what we NEED is the same thing....a cleaning out of the Warren County Fiscal Court, Warren County Sheriff's Office, and the Bowling Green City Commission!!!
Lol amen all of them an most of them r retired an came back what's with that
true very true

Bowling Green, KY

#20 Dec 21, 2012
James Fox wrote:
The idea that ISO ratings will go down is false. My ISO is not going from a 6 to a 5 because I'm being taxed. I own an insurance agency and we provide quotes to people all over the state. I don't know of any county in KY with a " municipal tax " on insurance premium. DON'T BE FOOLED if this tax is passed it won't be 2% for long. The county would have money to buy whatever it needs if the same group of people who are considering this tax hadn't bankrupted us with a failed transpark.
Yep they get it started an then raise it the way an when they want
true very true

Bowling Green, KY

#21 Dec 21, 2012
James Fox wrote:
The idea that ISO ratings will go down is false. My ISO is not going from a 6 to a 5 because I'm being taxed. I own an insurance agency and we provide quotes to people all over the state. I don't know of any county in KY with a " municipal tax " on insurance premium. DON'T BE FOOLED if this tax is passed it won't be 2% for long. The county would have money to buy whatever it needs if the same group of people who are considering this tax hadn't bankrupted us with a failed transpark.
An what is with all all these parks geeess
Hilary Clinton

Canton, OH

#23 Mar 26, 2013
And what about the municipal pool? They have wasted so much money that they can't even keep the pool open. Private citizens have had to donate. What all have they wasted money on besides the transpark? At least my kids will get to swim, but with no thanks at all to the court.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Warren County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Operation Fall Harvest" Leads to Several Arrests (Oct '10) Jun 21 myob 14
News Drug Task Force confiscates $10,000 worth of cr... Jun 17 azelb 1
News Bowling Green Doctor Arrested (Jun '15) Apr '16 Nana68 16
House arrest Mar '16 Skeert 1
News Crime Stoppers: Adrian "AC" Barnes, officer-inv... (Nov '15) Nov '15 WTF 3
Jason Allen Sanders (Jul '15) Jul '15 BOSS OF ALL BITCH 1
News Louisville: Physician charged with illegally di... (Jun '15) Jun '15 Butterfly 1
More from around the web