Multi-Agency Task force arrests sever...

Multi-Agency Task force arrests several drug dealers in county last week

There are 56 comments on the East Texas News story from Feb 8, 2009, titled Multi-Agency Task force arrests several drug dealers in county last week. In it, East Texas News reports that:

GROVETONA multi-agency drug investigation came to an end last week with the arrest of seven suspects including six in Trinity, according to Trinity County Sheriff Ralph Monte-mayor. An army of 20 to 25 county, ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at East Texas News.

the ghost

United States

#21 Feb 11, 2009
Isn't Ira Dean Simmons Sr. the brother-in-law of a Trinity City Counciman? If you had a city council that cared they would be asking why the Trinity City Police were not involved. Many because the dealers would get tipped?
Carolyn Colvin

Whitney, TX

#22 Feb 11, 2009
Personally if I were a Trinity police officer, I'd be asking myself why I'm putting my life on the line everyday for $11 an hour when I could work at TDCJ for much more than that and not have near the pressure. I think it's a crying shame for the city to pay these officers very little and with no health benefits? Come on Council, you can do better than that!
my name is nobody

Memphis, TX

#23 Feb 12, 2009
Carolyn Colvin wrote:
Personally if I were a Trinity police officer, I'd be asking myself why I'm putting my life on the line everyday for $11 an hour when I could work at TDCJ for much more than that and not have near the pressure. I think it's a crying shame for the city to pay these officers very little and with no health benefits? Come on Council, you can do better than that!
You are right, they do not make enough money. They don't have any pressure, cause no one above them is pressuring them to do anything.
When you told the council they could do better, well, the sad part is, they are doing the best they can do. Trinity is in very bad need of some one on the council that cares about Trinity instead of caring about themselves.
sadley seeking sanity

Austin, TX

#24 Feb 12, 2009
law enforcement can contact the narcotics teams and bring them in from out of county to work the busts. also they can contact the DEA and let them know where they are having problems. As small as the local departments are the more man power they can get to serve warrants the better. A team can go to a house to serve a warrant on one person and catch several more in possession during the same bust. If one lonely officer goes to serve a warrant on a drug dealer and finds several others in possession, what do you think his chances of making all the arrests are? The more the merrier.
Give the county a chance. Ralph hasn't been in office long enough to get business cards and you're already treating him like the others.

Texian

“One Nation, under God”

Since: Jul 07

Location hidden

#25 Feb 13, 2009
Texas Grandma wrote:
My name is nobody- the drug dealers here in Trinity are VERY protected. If local law enforcement knew of the raid, there would have been no one there, or they would have been there having a bible study with the law arrived or playing tidley winks.
Unfortunately .. you are far more right than wrong with your synopsis of how effective the "informants" have infected the local T.P.D. in REVERSE! Sooner or later the citizens here will get tired of paying and watching them do nothing more than right a few traffic tickets, bust up bar fights WITHOUT ARRESTS, ignore school zone speed enforcement, and focus on TINY insignificant misdemeanor activity instead of MAJOR FELONIES ... maybe .. someday ...

Where is the "champene" of the city Neal Smith when you need him? Maddog keeping him on a short leash while keeping YOUR "elected" Mayor couped up in his room at the Feed Store all day to stay "out of the way" of MEN doing "work"?

Who REALLY is doing what with YOUR tax dollars here in the city anyway?.... besides Patchet, Huffman and Stevie "Wonder" Jones, the felony-blind cop?

Texian

“One Nation, under God”

Location hidden

#26 Feb 13, 2009
EXCELLENT work by the T.C.S.D.!!!

Good to see true and SAFE inter-agency co-operation finlly begin to show REAL and physical results with ARRESTS, now we have to just get "dealing" Dean the support HE needs NOT to have "to deal" on THESE cases .... as to the critics of the operations' scope, it is just the beginning, LOLOL

"Hats off" to ALL those serving to fight ALL of our enemies both foreign AND DOMESTIC!

Texian

“One Nation, under God”

Location hidden

#27 Feb 13, 2009
the Trinity County CRIME-STOPPERS number is 936 - 6 4 2 - 2334 .. the calls are routed to Canada and answered by trained professionals so that both your voices nor ph number are recorded to eliminate the possibility of recognition by those methods. This is to insure as much anonymity as possible while giving you real-time humans to speak to.
There is a reward system that pays out anonymously as well.
DSL

Conroe, TX

#28 Feb 13, 2009
I Believe that there are some good Officers at TPD. They should have been let in on the raids.
Texas Grandma

United States

#29 Feb 15, 2009
There wouldn't have been a successful raid if they had been informed. The law KNOWS who they are and where they are and they continue to do nothing at all. PERIOD.
another old hippy

Lexington, SC

#30 Feb 17, 2009
My opinion is to let TCSO and TPD each do their jobs. There are two very different people in charge of the agencies and they each have their own approach in dealing with problems. Each agency is willing to back up the other in difficult situations. You don't like the County's approach, contact Sheriff Ralph Montemayor or go before Commissioners Court with suggestions/complaints - Problems with the City? Contact Chief Steve Jones or go before City Council. These meetings are open for public comment. Go on the record to improve the situation instead of just griping behind the scenes.
the ghost

United States

#31 Feb 18, 2009
The sad part is when you start enforcing the law many folks get caught who are influential and then make enough noise to get off. The fear of losing their job is usually enough to keep the officers from doing their job. I will tell all of the officers at Trinity P.D. that if you are afraid to do you job then you do not belong there. If you get fired for doing your job legally and "by the book" there is nothing they can legally do to you. If you get fired for that then sue the city for wrongfull termination. Just be prepared to do what needs to be done. Once they settle the lawsuits you will not have to work as you will have all the money you need. GO FOR IT....
the ghost

United States

#32 Feb 18, 2009
By the way it is against the state law for the Chief or any other public official to prevent you officers from doing your job. It is called Official Oppression isn't it Neal? An if the District Attorney will not prosecute the State Attorney General will and in Travis County so Trinity Politics dont get in the way.

“pay it forward”

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#33 Feb 18, 2009
As long as the certain few remain on city council, the police dept will only be as good as they will let them be. I remember when Neal had to resign for interfering with the police dept, then he appeared again, only to oppress the dept futher.

Texian

“One Nation, under God”

Location hidden

#34 Feb 24, 2009
Good luck on getting Austin to pay attention to us here, they simply ignored EVERY single complaint that was filed after the interferrence of YOUR FIRE CHIEF as well as the intimidation tactics used by Smith and Huffman literally allowed to remain INSIDE while the polls were open to "give the evil-eye" to whomever came in to vote with that "YOU BETTER vote the right way" threat behind it .. your little DICTATOR HUFFMAN is the REAL ROOT of most of the evil the exudes from city hall ... but just another COWARDLY BULLY that is too afraid for a one-to-one confrontation w/o the "boys" backing him up!!! YOUR MAYOR though, NOT spineless Stubbs, he is only a placeholder to keep anyone else out that could make a difference and is FORCED to stay in his feed store, with tail-between legs, and leave city hall to the "men" to run!!!

Thats who YOU wanted to "run" your city, thats what you have. Can anyone name how many times the Mayor has even used his office for a FULL work day? I can't find anyone that can truly answer that if deposed under oath, just people that "think" it was such and such date, so far anyway, still asking as you can see, LOLOL.

Good luck to you all, YOU are going to need it and MORE!!!

Texian

“One Nation, under God”

Location hidden

#35 Feb 24, 2009
another old hippy wrote:
My opinion is to let TCSO and TPD each do their jobs. There are two very different people in charge of the agencies and they each have their own approach in dealing with problems. Each agency is willing to back up the other in difficult situations. You don't like the County's approach, contact Sheriff Ralph Montemayor or go before Commissioners Court with suggestions/complaints - Problems with the City? Contact Chief Steve Jones or go before City Council. These meetings are open for public comment. Go on the record to improve the situation instead of just griping behind the scenes.
It is quite obvious that either you are extemely biased or have NEVER tried working WITH them before. Stevie "Wonder" Jones, the FELONY-BLIND cop, is probably one of the most inept and corrupt cop I have EVER encountered .. and I have encountered ALOT of them over the years working "the streets". Like I told him last year during a traffic stop Rusty and I were making after he asked me "Why do you hate mo so much?", after trying to contain myself and keep the passenger, who we had out of the vehicle quiet, I replied, "Steve, I do NOT know you well enough to hate you and do NOT want to know someone like you that well. But, I DO HATE what you DO and DON'T do with that badge and gun! And I will NOT stop until I see YOU in prison andI am on YOUR visitor list so I know exactly where you are!" Naturally, he had no response and as usual reached for his magic cell phone and made another call to whomever he answers too I guess.

Oh, btw, YOUR Texas Ranger Pete Maskunas, thinmks he is a real upstanding guy, goes to show you how much "character" Pete has when it comes to the job and duties of being a Ranger...a TRUE DISGRACE to the organization and EVERYONE that has ever been called a Ranger throughout their history! IF we had A REAL Ranger here, I think some things at least would be different in the way investigations are conducted here and there wouldn't be as many prosecutions that go into file 13 (trash) or worse!(NOT EVEN CHARGED/INDICTED)
in groveton now

Garrison, TX

#36 Feb 24, 2009
im glad that they did somehing! it was a long time commin. >>>>texian r u from groveton if so i got a question.....
Mojito junk

Clyde, TX

#37 Mar 2, 2009
gripe gripe gripe
just saying

United States

#38 Mar 3, 2009
maybe you should all give thanks to where it is deserved....I believe this all started with sheriff brent lee...thanks to him things in the county were off to the right kind of start..the new sheriff only steped in to fill his shoes..
inspector gadget

Rockford, TN

#39 Mar 5, 2009
just saying wrote:
maybe you should all give thanks to where it is deserved....I believe this all started with sheriff brent lee...thanks to him things in the county were off to the right kind of start..the new sheriff only steped in to fill his shoes..
Contrary to popular belief, this was initiated even before Brent Lee was in office. Jones and Woody will never be given credit for anything, but I know for a fact that they are the ones that helped get this all started! They may not have worked together on it, but they both had a hand in it!
another old hippy

Lexington, SC

#40 Mar 5, 2009
Congrats are in order for Jones and Montemayor for the busts reported in the paper. Meth heads and thieves beware - They worked together on one bust in Trinity, and Montemayor and Blanchard got the other one. Great Job!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Walker County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sumer d crisp (Jul '17) Jul '17 Steven porter 1
News District Attorney Not Happy About Suspected Mur... (Dec '11) Jan '14 jim tom 3
News Pawn Shop Owner Shot Twice in Armed Robbery (Dec '13) Dec '13 Marty Jamieson 1
News Active Shooter Training for Huntsville-Area Off... (Jan '13) Jan '13 ARA 1
News Huntsville Man Arrested on 5th DWI, Injury to C... (Jun '12) Jul '12 Bearkat76 2
News Huntsville Police Investigate Murder/Suicide (Jan '12) Jan '12 Stephanie Zapatero 1
found - dachshound (Jul '11) Jul '11 JEANNIE MULLINS 1