Multi-Agency Task force arrests several drug dealers in county last week

Feb 8, 2009 Full story: East Texas News 56

GROVETONA multi-agency drug investigation came to an end last week with the arrest of seven suspects including six in Trinity, according to Trinity County Sheriff Ralph Monte-mayor. An army of 20 to 25 county, ...

Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
ExTxEsq

Granada Hills, CA

#1 Feb 9, 2009
Get 'em
warm and cozy

United States

#2 Feb 9, 2009
This was very good, but that was a few weeks ago, I'm sure by now drugs are very plentiful for the taking.

My question here is why do we have to wait for the DEA and other agencies to take the lead in bringing these low lifes down? Every time there is a major bust it seems The DEA or other agencies are involved. I heard this bust might have been the result of another drug bust in Louisiana.
lil liza jane

Baird, TX

#3 Feb 9, 2009
It has to be done undercover by "outside" people especially in a small community as this one. Too many people know too many people and it takes time.
What Is A Low Keel

Katy, TX

#4 Feb 9, 2009
warm and cozy wrote:
This was very good, but that was a few weeks ago, I'm sure by now drugs are very plentiful for the taking.
My question here is why do we have to wait for the DEA and other agencies to take the lead in bringing these low lifes down? Every time there is a major bust it seems The DEA or other agencies are involved. I heard this bust might have been the result of another drug bust in Louisiana.
Because one minute they're in your county, and the next minute they're in the next. THey have mobility whereas your local sheriff has to stop at the county line. DEA has the "big picture" ability to spot trends and detect organizational patterns.

“Exposing Hypocrites 1 by 1”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#5 Feb 9, 2009
I always thought the local Sheriff didn't bust folks cause they was Kin?

I know in my area we all know who does and sells the drugs yet nothing is done. No need to cross county lines and they know where they live.

They are part of the clan...therefore they go ignored.
another old hippy

United States

#6 Feb 9, 2009
I don't think Sheriff Ralph has any kinfolks in Trinity county. Maybe DT can investigate?

“super hero”

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#7 Feb 9, 2009
w/c the bust in la.was a u-haul with 1300lbs of pot the female driving the truck was well known and raised in trinity,shes locked up in la.just fyi only i'm not a know it all just well informed.
warm and cozy

United States

#8 Feb 9, 2009
I would agree that it would take a major force to bring down two or more drug dealers, but why do we have to wait to bring them all down at once. The major forces like DEA don't come that often, and until they do, The drug dealers have the run of the town, ruining a lot of young people's lives. Is busting a drug dealer beyond the capability of the law enforcement we have locally? I guess I don't understand the aspects of what our law enforcement can and can't do. Maybe someone can share a light on this.
my name is nobody

Baird, TX

#9 Feb 9, 2009
First of all, LLJ says it has to be done by "outside" people, especially the small places. There is nothing that is farther from the truth. It would in fact be a lot easier for local law enforcement instead of outsiders. The outsiders have to identify the dealers and spend a lot of time trying to get on the inside to make buys. Local law enforcement already knows who these people are. They could use the same informants the DEA uses.
The next thing you will ask is , then why don't they do something. The short version to that answer is, because the people of Trinity County keeps putting the same ol do nothing officials back in office.(The city is in the county also) The city council does not care or they would obviously be something done from the police department. The Commissioners are in the same boat with them. The bottom line is the citizens of this county will have to want this before it will happen. Why do I say this?, Because ALL of the mentioned people are put in office by the citizens. You would think if they allow it to continue, come election time, people would make a change, go figure.
lil liza jane

Baird, TX

#10 Feb 10, 2009
my name is nobody wrote:
First of all, LLJ says it has to be done by "outside" people, especially the small places. There is nothing that is farther from the truth. It would in fact be a lot easier for local law enforcement instead of outsiders. The outsiders have to identify the dealers and spend a lot of time trying to get on the inside to make buys. Local law enforcement already knows who these people are. They could use the same informants the DEA uses.
The next thing you will ask is , then why don't they do something. The short version to that answer is, because the people of Trinity County keeps putting the same ol do nothing officials back in office.(The city is in the county also) The city council does not care or they would obviously be something done from the police department. The Commissioners are in the same boat with them. The bottom line is the citizens of this county will have to want this before it will happen. Why do I say this?, Because ALL of the mentioned people are put in office by the citizens. You would think if they allow it to continue, come election time, people would make a change, go figure.
and may I say that you don't know anything. yes, the law enforcement here in Trinity know WHO the dealers are, guess what, so do you and I. but the thing is, you have to CATCH them in the act of dealing and selling before you can arrest them. here is where your undercover officers come in and they don't just come in for a week or two. these dealers are tied in to common threads and that takes time and effort on an undercover's work to get INTO the system and know who is who and what is what and when is when, then you make your move and you catch them in the sell itself. you can't have a local police officer in his own car and in his uniform walk up and see anything. he may suspect and he may know it, but you've got to have the proof at hand when you catch them. an officer who know one knows who comes in and lives with them and is one of them can do it.
Observer

United States

#11 Feb 10, 2009
my name is nobody wrote:
you are so right! this has all been going on for years and anyone that lives in town over by rockwall st. knows that it is right out in the open, in your face. the drug dealers will run right up to any car and offer drugs. my understanding is that the local police were purposely not told about the raid.
lil liza jane

Baird, TX

#12 Feb 10, 2009
why were the local police not told?
warm and cozy

United States

#13 Feb 10, 2009
Observer wrote:
<quoted text>
you are so right! this has all been going on for years and anyone that lives in town over by rockwall st. knows that it is right out in the open, in your face. the drug dealers will run right up to any car and offer drugs. my understanding is that the local police were purposely not told about the raid.
I'm sure the undercover agents don't tell the police department they are coming until the last moment for securtiy reasons. Our local enforement are primarily used for the roundup. At least that is what I got from reading the article.
Yes Rockdale has always been a known place to buy illegal drugs. If the local enforcement can't take down the dealers, why not start with the ones under them. The ones that sell at school or parking lots. I know I have seen drug sells go down at the car wash.
No they can't drive up in their police cars.....if this subject wansn't so serious I'd have to laugh at that one, but maybe, just maybe, come up with some kind of plan instead of letting them sell drugs in the open. Anything would be better then nothing.
warm and cozy

United States

#14 Feb 10, 2009
Let me add that when I saw the drug deal go down at the car wash, I called the police department. They did come about 20 minutes later and by then the people involved were gone.
lil liza jane

Baird, TX

#15 Feb 10, 2009
are you people saying our officers are on the take?
ExTxEsq

Granada Hills, CA

#16 Feb 10, 2009
Heaven Forbid..
THAT GUY

Porter, TX

#17 Feb 10, 2009
lil liza jane wrote:
are you people saying our officers are on the take?
yep, that's what it is
my name is nobody

Claude, TX

#18 Feb 11, 2009
It is not that the undercover agents told them at the last minute. It is that they did not tell them at all. What does that tell you.
Our drug dealers operate like they are protected or something. The way they operate, you could probably buy dope driving a police car. It makes you wonder just how they are allowed to operate like this with nothing being done about it.
Maybe our police don't have the "unknown" officers that they could send in to buy under cover. But at least the police we have could watch cars leave the drug houses then stop and search those cars. There is always something that could be done. Like one person said, anything is better than nothing.
guess who

United States

#19 Feb 11, 2009
They get paid more by the drug dealers to turn a blind eye than their salary is. (Double dipping.) We get left with a town that is full of druggies and the crimes that result from rampant drug use. CPS is overwhelmed by the number of cases that also goes with drug use, and it continues to get worse. Go sit at the court house and in CPS court, you will see the same people over and over again, yet they are turned loose repeatedly to commit more crimes.
Texas Grandma

United States

#20 Feb 11, 2009
My name is nobody- the drug dealers here in Trinity are VERY protected. If local law enforcement knew of the raid, there would have been no one there, or they would have been there having a bible study with the law arrived or playing tidley winks.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Walker County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
District Attorney Not Happy About Suspected Mur... (Dec '11) Jan '14 jim tom 3
Pawn Shop Owner Shot Twice in Armed Robbery (Dec '13) Dec '13 Marty Jamieson 1
Active Shooter Training for Huntsville-Area Off... (Jan '13) Jan '13 ARA 1
Huntsville Man Arrested on 5th DWI, Injury to C... (Jun '12) Jul '12 Bearkat76 2
Huntsville Police Investigate Murder/Suicide (Jan '12) Jan '12 Stephanie Zapatero 1
found - dachshound (Jul '11) Jul '11 JEANNIE MULLINS 1
$1 million in bonds set for suspect in New Wave... (Feb '11) Mar '11 NcC 3
More from around the web