Vigil backs man arrested at Legislatu...

Vigil backs man arrested at Legislature, held as illegal immigrant

There are 10 comments on the News Observer story from Mar 10, 2012, titled Vigil backs man arrested at Legislature, held as illegal immigrant. In it, News Observer reports that:

With posters and candles, about 30 people held a vigil on the sidewalk outside the Wake County Jail tonight to support a man who was arrested Feb.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News Observer.

magadala

Seattle, WA

#1 Mar 11, 2012
"He's in there because he was standing up to a bunch of legislators" who "want to make North Carolina the next Georgia" with state laws against illegal immigrants, Viridiana Martinez told the group."

You got it!!!

They also rationalize that he, "...was turning his life around...he was supporting his family...his father deserted them."

Bottom line: Leave!

P.S., Hunger strike? Eat when you get there!

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#2 Mar 11, 2012
Uh,no-he's being deported due to criminal record,which includes DUI
Alabama DoHicky

Buffalo, NY

#3 Mar 11, 2012
DUI is not a serious crime. He deserved amnesty and citizenship.
Dee Dee Dee

Emmaus, PA

#4 Mar 11, 2012
copperpossum wrote:
Uh,no-he's being deported due to criminal record,which includes DUI
and assulting a woman.
Annie

Naperville, IL

#5 Mar 11, 2012
Alabama DoHicky wrote:
DUI is not a serious crime. He deserved amnesty and citizenship.
Tell that to the families whose relatives were killed by drunk drivers.
Is there any law that illegals won't break?
Annie

Naperville, IL

#6 Mar 11, 2012
undocumetned and unafraid is a joke & a lie
Looking for Mexican Love

Kansas City, MO

#7 Mar 11, 2012
Annie wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell that to the families whose relatives were killed by drunk drivers.
Is there any law that illegals won't break?
Have you seen Juan from Pearland? I love him .
RRRRRRico

Kansas City, MO

#8 Mar 11, 2012
Looking for Mexican Love wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you seen Juan from Pearland? I love him .
Whatever Rico. Banned again apparently? I'll see if we can ship Juan's illegal butt to L.A. You can have him!
Dee Dee Dee

Emmaus, PA

#9 Mar 13, 2012
Annie wrote:
undocumetned and unafraid is a joke & a lie
Sadly you are wrong. It is not a joke or a lie. Even this guy with a long criminal record has very little reason to be afraid of deportation let alone any actual punishment for his crimes.

“Work hard at work worth doing.”

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#10 Mar 14, 2012
Alabama DoHicky wrote:
DUI is not a serious crime. He deserved amnesty and citizenship.
Now I know that you are nuts. I guess the damage he could cause because of his drunkeness is unimportant to you...think only of yourself, right?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wake County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Vance names new superintendent Jul 23 Jimmy 1
News DWIs ensnare many aliens (Sep '08) Apr '15 For Americans 18
News 4th Grade Reading Assignments: Black Panthers, ... Feb '15 Citizen John 1
News "Bug spreader" gets busted by North Carolina po... (Sep '08) Jan '15 foolish 54
News Durham police officer arrested in Wake County (Jan '15) Jan '15 Curtis Sluder 1
News Wendell cell tower plan hits a snag (Aug '14) Aug '14 Gene Cannon 1
christian vause ( chris vause) (Jul '14) Jul '14 rick mitchell davis 1
More from around the web