NC Prison Budget Faces Over Population

NC Prison Budget Faces Over Population

There are 15 comments on the WFMY 2 Greensboro story from May 17, 2008, titled NC Prison Budget Faces Over Population. In it, WFMY 2 Greensboro reports that:

“There's a number of tools in the tool kit”

North Carolina's growing prison population is fast outstripping prison capacity, and state lawmakers are seeking solutions as they craft a budget. via WFMY 2 Greensboro

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WFMY 2 Greensboro.

MrBixby

Raleigh, NC

#1 May 18, 2008
A very easy solution and cheap too. Bring back "horse whipping" as a form of punishment. And if you come back, your sentence is automatically doubled.

I sick & tired of all these prison inmates living large (3 hots & cot, cable TV, etc., etc.) on my tax dollars. Prison should be for PUNISHMENT, not a vacation. Whip them all I say, and save the taxpayers millions of dollars.
Damian Adams

United States

#2 Jun 27, 2008
why would u permit the two people who killed Eve Carson to spend another day alive??? much less incarcerate them for their lifetimes at taxpayer expenses. This is a sick, sick system and needs to be changed.
We need a people's milita movement to execute convicted killers. It's just that simple...

Since: Jul 08

Myrtle Beach, SC

#4 Jul 20, 2008
Ship the illegals OUT IMMEDIATELY back to whatever HOLE they came from.......bet that would save some cash !!!!!!
BlueNC

Raleigh, NC

#5 Jul 29, 2008
ID all the illegal alien scum currently living large in the NC prison system, give them 5 to 20 lash with the cat-0-nine, and ship them back to whatever 3rd world $hithole they spawned in.

Problem solved.
joe blow

Greensboro, NC

#6 Nov 23, 2008
i have been in prison before ,it aint no vacation.iI would rather be shot than spend the rest of my life in prison. i bet everyone of you .go to church every sunday
Johnny

Lynnwood, WA

#7 Feb 11, 2009
Why not just legalize marijuana? Studies have show that the affects of smoking marijuana are less harmful then the legal affects. Why should people who smoke it be in jail? Pot Smokers are harmless, relaxed people. If marijuana was legalized then you could release thousands of inmates. The solution is that simple. It would also help improve our economy if it became publicly marketed.
John316

Columbia, SC

#8 Jun 26, 2009
Most of you think that you have never done anything wrong and you have. What if you made a mistake one mistake in your life that landed you a year in prison how would like it if you got lashes for that I don't think you would. I'm not talking about rapist and murders although everyone deserves a second chance Quiet judging people that you don't even know
John 3:16 "For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, that whosever believeth in him shall not perish but have everlasting life"
jackson taylor nc

United States

#9 Jul 17, 2010
Laws are old and to many, child suport? the kids are grown they make more money than their daddy, their step dad and their mother makes 4 times as much as their daddy and their daddy is 54, sick, little work, heart problems and dieing , lock him up ? how much will that fix anything ?
Had to start some where and it is real,, but i have many many things that should be cut, and thats the law!!!!!!!!
jackson taylor nc

United States

#10 Jul 17, 2010
Johnny , from lynnwood, that was my next thing with the law and saving and makeing money > LEGALIZE MARIJUANA !!! 100 % on you side,, Like it was at one time, And i believe the deep down inside , agree with us :-)

“Nulla poena sine lege ”

Since: Sep 09

So. Wake County (Right Coast)

#11 Jul 20, 2010
BlueNC wrote:
ID all the illegal alien scum currently living large in the NC prison system, give them 5 to 20 lash with the cat-0-nine, and ship them back to whatever 3rd world $hithole they spawned in.
Problem solved.
NO NO NOOO NOOOOOOOO!

every time a person is stopped for an infraction - run a full ID search

If everyone goes through it - it is not RACIST!
Article Says wrote:
<quoted text>
U.S. Border Patrol Agent says "1 in every 10 that we catch is from the Middle East. Arab terrorists are here!"
Arab Illegals crossing Mexican Border
http://www.warriorsfortruth.com/illegal-alien...

.... and we can slow down the terrorist staging south of the border.
daytripper

Raleigh, NC

#12 Jul 20, 2010
joe blow wrote:
i have been in prison before ,it aint no vacation.iI would rather be shot than spend the rest of my life in prison. i bet everyone of you .go to church every sunday
I dont think prison is a vac. but if we had a lot less people out there commiting crimes we would not have over crowded prisons they need to stop putting people in jail for child support make them get jobs or cummunity service until they find work (they cant pay support w/they are in jail) if they have to work in the cummunity until they find a job Im sure they would rather get paid then work 40 hours for free, and as for you would rather be shot than spend the rest of your life in prison, easy just dont break the law and that wont be a option and I dont go to church but I have raised 3 children (on my own) not breaking the law but working a honest job.

“Nulla poena sine lege ”

Since: Sep 09

So. Wake County (Right Coast)

#13 Jul 20, 2010
and what does that help in cases like this --
wral News wrote:
<quoted article>
Four charged in Raleigh beating death

Wedjunald Gemeille, 18, of 2905-821 Red Clay Drive; Carlos Noe Esperanza-Carranza, 28, of 2905-823 Red Clay Drive; Jerry Jerome Williams III, 23, of 700-104 Navaho Drive; and Jimel Jamal Jackson, 16, of 2930-203 Calvary Drive, each face one count of first-degree murder in the death of Pier Munoz-Chinos, 31.
http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/7988570/

The3 one kid that got busted was shown on the news crying.

Bet he wasn't feeling sorry as the pack of animals were beating the guy.

I hope he is some big animal's wife in prison.

These kids think they are too cool to get caught like so MANY of their friends who are in prison.

Oh - duh! they DON'T think - do they?
mark alan

Durham, NC

#14 Aug 13, 2010
why not privatize the prison system - give them a set budget per inmate and see how much of this touchy feel good crap goes on?
Fern Sanchez

United States

#16 Feb 15, 2011
Pier munoz chinoz was a friend of mine.I worked with him for 3 years.He was not a person who liked conflict. They have taken a wouderful person away from us.I hope they all get the same as they gave to Pier except I want them to live so they can go through it the next day,and the day after that.Hope they all spend the rest of their lives in prison.
reformation now

Apex, NC

#17 Feb 16, 2011
We have kicked God out of our country therefore
the government is perverse and the people are lost and full of folly. We will have to return to our righteous roots to see any change for the better.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wake County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Wake County Mugshots and Criminal Arrest Records Sep 25 Ryan 2
Wake up America Apr '16 Luke 17 3 1
News Jonathan Orpin of Pioneer Millworks/New Energy ... (Feb '16) Feb '16 JANICE 1
News New law doesn't stop Wake deputies from accepti... (Nov '15) Nov '15 ronnie 6
help! (Aug '15) Aug '15 sweetsweet 1
News Vance names new superintendent (Jul '15) Jul '15 Jimmy 1
News DWIs ensnare many aliens (Sep '08) Apr '15 For Americans 18
More from around the web