Proposed voting maps confound

Proposed voting maps confound

There are 1 comment on the News Observer story from Sep 25, 2011, titled Proposed voting maps confound. In it, News Observer reports that:

New Republican-drawn voting maps for legislative races will slice through neighborhoods in unprecedented ways, possibly leading to confusion at polling places next year.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News Observer.

WAKE USA

Fayetteville, NC

#1 Sep 26, 2011
DID SOME OF THESE blooming idiots FORGET ABOUT
911!!AND illegal aliens streaming over our borders.

WASHINGTON (AP) Several states adopted new laws last year requiring that people show a photo ID when they come to vote even though the kind of election fraud that the laws are intended to stamp out is rare. Even supporters of the new laws are hard pressed to come up with large numbers of cases in which someone tried to vote under a false identify.

"I've compared this to the snake oil salesman. You got a cold? I got snake oil. Your foot aches? I got snake oil," said election law expert Justin Levitt, who wrote "The Truth About Voter Fraud" for The Brennan Center for Justice. "It doesn't seem to matter what the problem is,(voter) ID is being sold as the solution to a whole bunch of things it can't possibly solve."

Kansas, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas and Wisconsin have passed laws this year that allow voters without the required photo ID to cast provisional ballots, but the voters must return to a specific location with that ID within a certain time limit for their ballots to count.

The September 11 attacks (also referred to as September 11, September 11th or 9/11[nb 1]) were a series of four coordinated suicide attacks upon the United States in New York City and the Washington, D.C., area on September 11, 2001. On that Tuesday morning, 19 terrorists from the Islamist militant group al-Qaeda hijacked four passenger jets. The hijackers intentionally crashed two planes, American Airlines Flight 11 and United Airlines Flight 175, into the Twin Towers of the World Trade Center in New York City; both towers collapsed within two hours. Hijackers crashed American Airlines Flight 77 into the Pentagon in Arlington, Virginia. The fourth jet, United Airlines Flight 93, crashed into a field near Shanksville, Pennsylvania, after passengers attempted to take control before it could reach the hijacker's intended target in Washington, D.C. Nearly 3,000 died in the attacks.

I agree with a border fence being the way, because we have too many illegal aliens streaming over our borders.

Illegal immigration is a huge problem in the United States. A fence along our border will slow down the flow of incoming illegal immigrants

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wake County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Wake County Mugshots and Criminal Arrest Records (Sep '16) Sep '17 Leland 4
Leave our students alone or WILL WAKEXIT Sep '17 leaudevie 1
News Should Wake County Spend Up to $20 Million to C... Jul '17 Marjorie 1
help! (Aug '15) Jun '17 Sad 3
News Developer plans to demolish Fendol Beversa 1850... (Apr '17) Apr '17 Free house 1
Wake up America (Apr '16) Apr '16 Luke 17 3 1
News Jonathan Orpin of Pioneer Millworks/New Energy ... (Feb '16) Feb '16 JANICE 1
More from around the web