North Carolina passes Amendment 1 banning same-sex unions

May 8, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Guardian Unlimited

Opponents of the North Carolina ban on same-sex unions react to its adoption in Amendment 1 of the state's constitution It will become the 30th state to define marriage solely as a union between a man and a woman.

Comments
1 - 4 of 4 Comments Last updated May 9, 2012
GetUsedToIt

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2012

I got up early yesterday morning to go and vote in what I viewed as a doomed-republican primary election for one reason, and one reason only- To vote "YES" on Amendment One. Lately it's been too often that we've read or heard stories in the media regarding individuals jumping off of bridges or hanging themselves over the use of certain words...and the LGBT community has capitalized upon these deaths by attempting to use them to further their undoubtedly-liberal agenda. Some of these people seem to think it's funny that our FIRST AMENDMENT rights are in jeopardy thanks to the emphasis on the "bullying" issue. Well, guess what guys (and gals): I think that it's HILARIOUS that with a stroke of the pen, we here in N.C. have set your cause back nearly half a century. Think about that the next time that you disregard the freedoms of others in order to advance your own pigeon-holed BS agendas. Love it or leave it, folks...preferably the latter.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2012

GetUsedToIt wrote:
Some of these people seem to think it's funny that our FIRST AMENDMENT rights are in jeopardy thanks to the emphasis on the "bullying" issue.
Your first amendment rights aren't in jeopardy at all. Stop listening to conspiracy theorists.
GetUsedToIt wrote:
Well, guess what guys (and gals): I think that it's HILARIOUS that with a stroke of the pen, we here in N.C. have set your cause back nearly half a century. Think about that the next time that you disregard the freedoms of others in order to advance your own pigeon-holed BS agendas.
In 20 years, people will look at you like the people look back at segregationists now. Enjoy the shame.
GetUsedToIt

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2012

The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>
Your first amendment rights aren't in jeopardy at all. Stop listening to conspiracy theorists.
<quoted text>
In 20 years, people will look at you like the people look back at segregationists now. Enjoy the shame.
Your fear of the truth is what is making you resort to tactics like labeling any who are opposed to your views as "bigots". Comparing your "plight" to the Civil Rights Movement is an insult to the latter. "Judge me not for my race or religion, but by my actions" is the basic idea that you're going for here. Guess what, chief: Sticking your dong in another dude is one of your actions. It's not the way that you were born. It's a choice.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2012

GetUsedToIt wrote:
<quoted text>
Your fear of the truth is what is making you resort to tactics like labeling any who are opposed to your views as "bigots".
Fear of what truth?

GetUsedToIt wrote:
Comparing your "plight" to the Civil Rights Movement is an insult to the latter. "Judge me not for my race or religion, but by my actions" is the basic idea that you're going for here. Guess what, chief: Sticking your dong in another dude is one of your actions.
Sexual orientation is not an action. Gender is not an action. Gay marriage bans say NOTHING about actions, now do they?

GetUsedToIt wrote:
It's not the way that you were born. It's a choice.
I'm not gay, Slick. I just don't support ridiculous legislation that serves no purpose other than to hate on gay people.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Wake County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Wendell cell tower plan hits a snag Aug 9 Gene Cannon 1
christian vause ( chris vause) Jul '14 rick mitchell davis 1
State Rep. Stam criticized for Pedophilia remarks Jul '14 Dr Reker s Bellhop 2
Undercover officers catch store clerks keeping ... Apr '14 duh 1
New Gymnastics Facility? Lufkin Road, Apex Apr '14 Jenna 1
After 20 years, Yancey's still home (Sep '07) Mar '14 sweetjunie 2
Lawsuit targets Chapel Hill retirement community (Jan '14) Jan '14 Michael Owen 1

Search the Wake County Forum:
•••