Clay Aiken calls school board members 'idiots'

Nov 14, 2009 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Charlotte Observer

Entertainer Clay Aiken is calling the newly elected Wake County school board members 'selfish idiots' and says he hopes the public can get rid of them before they 'ruin the school system.' This fall, four school board members were elected to office to help form a new majority that backs neighborhood schools and opposes busing for diversity and ...

Comments
1 - 4 of 4 Comments Last updated Dec 2, 2009
Pot Kettle Clay

Arlington, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2009

Judged:

Clay.... What's wrong with neighborhood schools Clay? What's wrong with a sense of belonging, friendships, family? This has NOTHING to do with the 'diversity' which I'm sure is woven into the fabric of your entitlement being. You're probably all about some hate crime legislation as well. Yeah, a crime is much worse when the thought police decide it was a crime of hate, than just a regular old crime. Pitiful.
Who cares

Arlington, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2009

Judged:

What Clay thinks.

I give him 2 years, he'll be cutting ribbons at openings of new nhe new Piggly Wiggly.

To which the world will exclaim, Clay who?
Easier said

Durham, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2009

Judged:

The problem isn't in diversity, or the schools themselves. It rests with the educational system. Bus the money, not the kids.

If you pay far more in property value and taxes to live in a particular area or school system, then your kids should attend. There is diversity in neighborhoods. Make the same standards and curriculum available to all schools in the system, whatever the neighborhood.

Unfortunately, there are those who feel that standing in the dark for 10-20 minutes waiting for an hour bus ride to school and then an hour back home (god help the working parent whose child misses a bus or has to stay after school)consitutes a valuable educational experience for our children.

In the present economy, one would expect those in charge of education to have the good sense to take the thrifty approach. Besides, if your neighborhood doesn't match the standards of your dreams, it's your responsibility to change it, not the school system's nor those living in a neighborhood 10 miles away.
John V Wood

Raleigh, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2009

Well, Clay may be smarter than he looks.

I covered the school board meeting last night, the first for the new members, and they were dropping bombshells all night long.

Check it out if you'd like: http://www.examiner.com/x-17978-Raleigh-Top-N...

It's going to be a long couple of years...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Wake County Discussions

Search the Wake County Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
christian vause ( chris vause) Jul 22 rick mitchell davis 1
State Rep. Stam criticized for Pedophilia remarks Jul 7 Dr Reker s Bellhop 2
Undercover officers catch store clerks keeping ... Apr '14 duh 1
New Gymnastics Facility? Lufkin Road, Apex Apr '14 Jenna 1
After 20 years, Yancey's still home (Sep '07) Mar '14 sweetjunie 2
Lawsuit targets Chapel Hill retirement community (Jan '14) Jan '14 Michael Owen 1
Dems Vs Republican Extremist (Oct '13) Jan '14 Analyst 3
•••
•••