NAACP Points at NC School District to...

NAACP Points at NC School District to Highlight Diversity Problems

There are 4 comments on the WHSV story from Dec 4, 2010, titled NAACP Points at NC School District to Highlight Diversity Problems. In it, WHSV reports that:

The NAACP says a North Carolina county is just one of many school districts around the country losing ground on diversity.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WHSV.

PTBW Forever

Evansville, IN

#1 Dec 4, 2010
The only places I see a diversity problem in are places like Harlem and Detroit, where do they get this shit?

Since: Apr 08

Clayton, NC

#3 Dec 4, 2010
there isnt a diversity problem in raleigh/wake county. they actually have a diversity policy right now that means that schools cant be overwhelmingly one race or one class. as a result, kids get assigned to schools all over the county, they don't just automatically go to their neighborhood school.

for the last couple of years citizens have been complaining about that. their kids get reassigned to schools every year, just because of the diversity policy. so they finally voted for neighborhood schools earlier this year. but then the naacp got involved complaining that sending everyone to their neighborhood schools would resegregate the schools.

i actually don't think its a problem. wake county cities are not really segregated. so the naacp around here is getting on my nerves making a big deal about it.
BbdHome

UK

#4 Dec 15, 2010
Why should the black community be concerned about segregation/integration, or any community for that matter?
If there are "black schools" then why shouldn't we be talking about improving them and making sure they are the best schools, instead of letting them rot and creating this pretext for integration?

Since: Apr 08

Clayton, NC

#5 Dec 15, 2010
BbdHome wrote:
Why should the black community be concerned about segregation/integration, or any community for that matter?
If there are "black schools" then why shouldn't we be talking about improving them and making sure they are the best schools, instead of letting them rot and creating this pretext for integration?
agree

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wake County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Wake County Mugshots and Criminal Arrest Records (Sep '16) Sep '17 Leland 4
Leave our students alone or WILL WAKEXIT Sep '17 leaudevie 1
News Should Wake County Spend Up to $20 Million to C... Jul '17 Marjorie 1
help! (Aug '15) Jun '17 Sad 3
News Developer plans to demolish Fendol Beversa 1850... (Apr '17) Apr '17 Free house 1
Wake up America (Apr '16) Apr '16 Luke 17 3 1
News Jonathan Orpin of Pioneer Millworks/New Energy ... (Feb '16) Feb '16 JANICE 1
More from around the web