Feds: Courts violate rights

Feds: Courts violate rights

There are 3 comments on the News Observer story from Mar 9, 2012, titled Feds: Courts violate rights. In it, News Observer reports that:

A federal investigation has found the North Carolina court system is violating the rights of people who speak little or no English by failing to provide sufficient interpreters.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News Observer.

DonW

Raleigh, NC

#1 Mar 9, 2012
This is America. We speak English here. I would suggest that they try learning it.
COURTS

Asheville, NC

#2 Mar 9, 2012
DonW wrote:
This is America. We speak English here. I would suggest that they try learning it.
We also pull up our dresses and show our azzes at the Americans With Disabilities Act by refusing to help courthouse access for the deaf, people in wheelchairs, and the blind. And we wonder why North Carolina is listed in the top ten of corrupt states. Our courts, our illiterate general assembly with all its shabby crooks, and our public executives such as the felon ex-governor Beasley helped put us there. And so many of our judges are lawless FIXERS. We're number 5 after Tennessee, Virginia, Mississippi, and Delaware. Yayyyyyyyy, whooopeeeeee!

CORRUPTION ABOUNDS!

http://www.thedailybeast.com/galleries/2010/0...
DonW Wack

Asheville, NC

#3 Mar 13, 2012
DonW wrote:
Many foreigners who cannot speak English are in this country legally as students, visitors, and on special visas. They deserve access to the courthouse too. Just what kind of venom-dripping monster of xenophobia are you?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wake County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Wake County Mugshots and Criminal Arrest Records (Sep '16) Sep 30 Leland 4
Leave our students alone or WILL WAKEXIT Sep 30 leaudevie 1
News Should Wake County Spend Up to $20 Million to C... Jul '17 Marjorie 1
help! (Aug '15) Jun '17 Sad 3
News Developer plans to demolish Fendol Beversa 1850... Apr '17 Free house 1
Wake up America (Apr '16) Apr '16 Luke 17 3 1
News Jonathan Orpin of Pioneer Millworks/New Energy ... (Feb '16) Feb '16 JANICE 1
More from around the web