Battle Over N.C. Busing Heats UpNorth...

Battle Over N.C. Busing Heats UpNorth Carolina School Board accused of "resegregating" schools.

There are 2 comments on the ABC News story from Jul 24, 2010, titled Battle Over N.C. Busing Heats UpNorth Carolina School Board accused of "resegregating" schools.. In it, ABC News reports that:

In a scene reminiscent of the 1960s, thousands took to the streets in Raleigh this week, accusing the Wake County school board of "resegregating" the schools.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at ABC News.

Chuck

AOL

#1 Jul 25, 2010
This issue really boggles my mind whereas when
segregation had ended somewhere around 1967 or 68
when I was going to school. I actually quit school
while I was in the 11th grade because I knew for myself that Black and White will never never come together as Americans. Now this! This is truly a shame the way that another ethnic have been treated
all along. Why are they doing this? The question still remains unanswered.

“Nulla poena sine lege ”

Since: Sep 09

So. Wake County (Right Coast)

#2 Sep 25, 2010
this NAACP crap is pissing me off!

They don't see things realistically!

1 - BUS KIDS AROUND
= less rest for the kids
= the loss of freedom - people chose their place of residence - if THAT area school becomes an issue as to how you want your kids to be taught - it is YOUR responsibility to either do SOMETHING to fix it ...
OR - get off your duff and move to a better school area!
= additional burden on tax expenditures to ship kids to places they have no invested interest in

HERE IS A QUESTION WHICH IS UNANSWERED

Why should OTHER kids be shipped to YOUR neighborhood schools - if they are so bad and YOU FAIL to fix your own problem in those schools?

IT IS FREEDOM OF CHOICE to live in the school district you chose to be in - why should MY taxes fix your choice?

this is lazy people demanding "JUST US" to correct their problem.

IF they like whites so much - why aren't THEY moving into better districts which offer MORE DIVERSITY and better education?

Their neighborhoods are riddled with gang's, drug's, prostitution, murder, and excessive crime by THEIR KIDS - keep that crap out of OUR SCHOOL'S - if you want to live in an immoral area - do not rob money from MY TAXES to let your mess interfere with my child's education.
MY SON - is in advanced math in seventh grade - they are teaching him both 7th and 8th grade math in seventh grade.

WE CHOSE this school district to live in - moved out of Cary to this location so he can get an education.
... and for the record - there are a LOT of poor kid's here too.

Remember this - it is called "JUSTICE" and not "JUST US"
Justice is a choice where everyone is entitled to experience their own mistakes with out other tax payers paying for it.

IF you are incapable of doing the time - DO NOT do the crime.

YOUR CHOICE to live in a poor school district is YOUR OWN crime - not mine - don't Demand THAT I PAY FOR IT!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wake County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Wake up America Apr '16 Luke 17 3 1
News Jonathan Orpin of Pioneer Millworks/New Energy ... Feb '16 JANICE 1
News New law doesn't stop Wake deputies from accepti... (Nov '15) Nov '15 ronnie 6
help! (Aug '15) Aug '15 sweetsweet 1
News Vance names new superintendent (Jul '15) Jul '15 Jimmy 1
News DWIs ensnare many aliens (Sep '08) Apr '15 For Americans 18
News 4th Grade Reading Assignments: Black Panthers, ... (Feb '15) Feb '15 Citizen John 1
More from around the web