Groups accuse town's police of racial profiling

Apr 30, 2010 Full story: Rocky Mount Telegram

Three civil rights groups say police in Zebulon are singling out members of a Latino church for repeated traffic checkpoints where drivers are stopped and asked to show their license and registration.

Full Story
Maria

Clinton, NC

#1 May 6, 2010
It is illegal to drive without a license no matter how you look at it. If I were driving my child to the emergeny room, would be ticketed if I didn't have a license, no matter the emergency. They know right from wrong. If they don't want to be targeted, then they need to go get their license. That is all it is to it. I support what the Zebulon Police are doing, and it's through our support we can make our streets a safer one to drive on. Thank you for all you do, and keep up the good work!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wake County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Wendell cell tower plan hits a snag Aug '14 Gene Cannon 1
christian vause ( chris vause) Jul '14 rick mitchell davis 1
State Rep. Stam criticized for Pedophilia remarks Jul '14 Dr Reker s Bellhop 2
Undercover officers catch store clerks keeping ... (Apr '14) Apr '14 duh 1
New Gymnastics Facility? Lufkin Road, Apex (Apr '14) Apr '14 Jenna 1
After 20 years, Yancey's still home (Sep '07) Mar '14 sweetjunie 2
Lawsuit targets Chapel Hill retirement community (Jan '14) Jan '14 Michael Owen 1
More from around the web