Deltona politicians agree: New legisl...

Deltona politicians agree: New legislative district good for city

There are 4 comments on the Daytona Beach News-Journal Online story from Jul 19, 2012, titled Deltona politicians agree: New legislative district good for city. In it, Daytona Beach News-Journal Online reports that:

But for the first time, Deltona will have a member of the House of Representatives to call its own next year.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Daytona Beach News-Journal Online.

Gary D

Orlando, FL

#1 Jul 20, 2012
Money decides who becomes a representative for the people. Though that's not entirely true - party affiliation determines our reps vote, not the peoples opinions.
overit

Winter Springs, FL

#2 Jul 20, 2012
And??? There are two (R) candidates with name recognition and a (D) with too much name recognition lol.

Between the three Mulder, the (D) makes the most sense because he's been through he!! and back and lived to talk, even chuckle about it. He put up with a lot of crap, most of it undeserved and survived, leaving Deltona no worse for the wear. Wear is probably not a good word to be using on a Deltona thread eh?

Voting your own conscience is the only way to go in this town, I voted party once and got Herb Z. I wish I had that vote back.
Gary D

Orlando, FL

#3 Jul 22, 2012
RepubliKans, whose business and wealthy campaign contributors can buy every politician running, will influence the vote in favor of those contributors for whatever they want. All of Disney and its affliates, shelled out over $1 million in contributions to repubs running for office. And Disney doesn't expect a favor if those pols win? Same with WastePro and their sole contract award without putting it out for bid. Oh, not enough time for that? How many years ahead do you need to realize a contract is about to expire?
RepubliKans can care less about helping Deltona residents only helping big business make more profits. And those profits do not result in more jobs. Notice how the the Bush tax cuts, starting in 2001, resulted in a huge amount of American jobs(?); and yet the repubs keep saying cutting the Bush tax cuts for the wealthy will be a job killer. Those tax cuts have been a killer of AMERICAN JOBS! Notice all the jobs they created - in China and Mexico!
Worsethendeland

Kissimmee, FL

#4 Jul 31, 2012
overit wrote:
And??? There are two (R) candidates with name recognition and a (D) with too much name recognition lol.
Between the three Mulder, the (D) makes the most sense because he's been through he!! and back and lived to talk, even chuckle about it. He put up with a lot of crap, most of it undeserved and survived, leaving Deltona no worse for the wear. Wear is probably not a good word to be using on a Deltona thread eh?
Voting your own conscience is the only way to go in this town, I voted party once and got Herb Z. I wish I had that vote back.
He lived through the hell he made for himself. the guy is a walking ego and a big mouth. He is always making promises he knows are off the wall just to get his name in the papers. I voted for Denny Mulder nad wish i could take that back now he won't go away.He laughs at screwing us over, that's good to know thanks for the inside info.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Volusia County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Retired deputy sentenced to 15 years prison on ... Jun 22 Richard Move 3
News What I saw: Over and over, men take bait in Orl... (Sep '09) Jun 13 Cavalier 30
News Halifax Health gets state OK for Deltona hospital Jun 5 bel26en 1
News New Smyrna mayor announces reelection bid May 28 beachlover111 1
News Deputy fired over sex abuse investigation May '16 Anon 3
News LANE: DeBary's environmental drama eclipses may... May '16 IdontGetit 1
News VCSO: Teen shot in leg after 2 men tell him to ... Apr '16 Fitus T Bluster 3
More from around the web